“The best hotel in Paris. YES. THE BEST.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31 Av George V | 8th Arr., 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Élysées)   |
Announcement
Airport Transportation
Ranked #6 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
San Francisco, California
“The best hotel in Paris. YES. THE BEST.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have stayed here about a year ago (yeah...it took a year for me to sit down and write this review) and I can confidently say everything was just PERFECT.

The size of the room (standard) is not too spacious but this is normal for any hotels in Paris. In fact, it was bigger than other hotels in the same level.

Food here is amazing too! I was truly amazed by their breakfast and especially pastries! and I do have a very high standard when it comes to food. I am sure their dinner is amazing too but did not get to dine at le cinq for dinner.

Everybody was extremely nice and helpful. This was the best service I have ever received in any hotels in Europe. This is Four Seasons after all, so you can expect the best quality of everything.

Will definitely return again in 2015

Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Greek first
Summit, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at George V for a 5 day holiday. Everything about the property is amazing: top notch rooms, amazing spa and fitness center, fabulous location. We enjoyed lounging at the hotel just as much as we did wandering around Paris!

Our impression of the hotel started as we stepped off the plane: there was a hotel representative waiting for us on the jetway. She walked us through the airport, facilitating the entire arrival process (immigration, baggage, customs, etc.). This made the arrival process easy and painless; she took care of everything and delivered us + bags to a waiting car. The hotel car service was comfortable and efficient, even providing in-car wifi, scented towels and water. The entire experience made something usually intolerable (e.g. the international arrivals process after an overnight flight) quite pleasant.

The property itself is lovely, and our room was very comfortable with a spacious bathroom and stylish decor. The spa and fitness areas were truly lovely--an absolute joy. Equipment was top notch and the environment was serene and relaxing. The house made hot ginger tea was a wonderful addition.

The real star of the property is the staff. Everyone is friendly and accommodating. No request is too small and everyone is happy to help. They do an excellent job of anticipating what you might need, but they also gladly jump on any request you may have, This starts with the bell men at the door and extends to everyone: front desk, concierge, bar men, housekeeping, maintenance men, etc. We travel quite a bit for work and pleasure...but this is hands down the finest level of consistent service we have ever experienced. I simply cannot say enough about the service.

This is not a budget property by any stretch. That being said, we have paid more for lesser service at other properties...which, in my opinion, makes George V the best value in Paris within this category of properties!

Room Tip: The courtyard view is lovely!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is a top notch hotel. The service is amazing, everyone in the hotel is extra nice and helpful. The bell men from outside to inside make you special at all times. The New a Year decor was superb. The concierge is very helpful, but it's better to talk to different ones, for different opinion and information.
Overall you will be very happy. The rooms are nice but don't have high expectations. Even the suite is not very big but detail oriented and everything used excellent quality.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Forfar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This was a real treat for us. We were in Paris for a 'mini - mum and daughter hen trip' and as a special treat we went for a champagne afternoon tea to the Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris. It was an outstanding hotel with exceptionally professional staff who made us feel welcome. We even had a little stool for our bag :)

We had a glass of pink Bollinger followed by delicious sandwiches, tea and some of the tastiest cakes I have tasted - each one better than the last. Adding to the incredible ambiance was the pianist who charmed everyone.

I'm sure there were those there who, for them, this is their every day life of lunch and dinner but for us it was a special experience. It must be an amazing place to stay!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ukunda, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Cleanliness, staff, location

Hidden down a little lane the hotel was immaculate & the staff are all worthy of 6 star hotel employment, so much so, it was a little overwhelming at first after a long trip. We booked a twin room which was spotless but very small , but that is evident of most buildingsi. Not even enough room at the end of the bed to walk past without going sideways. After 2 nights my friend & I upgraded to a 'family' room which was more than double the size. 2 double beds & a large living/tv/work area. It was worth the extra. Everything was spotless so hats off to the housekeeping crew. Front desk staff were amazing & couldnt do enough.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Caribbean
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

My wife and I spent 4 days there in Dec.
The staff were extremely helpful, especially the concierge
The bar although small was packed every night, but the staff managed to fit us in
We had a female driver from the hotel and she was fluent in English and extremely friendly
I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I almost didn't write this, because who needs another "perfect" review of this hotel? But, really, it is perfect. Yes, it is undeniably expensive, but then these things often are.

We stayed 3 nights, over the Paris marathon weekend. I was running in it, and I'd mentioned this in my online reservation (because I wanted to know how early they served breakfast). Of course they answered my question long in advance; but they'd also prepared a letter with marathon advice (both general and specific to Paris) which was waiting in our room when we arrived. Then, when we returned to our room after the race, they'd set out dried fruits and cakes (all beautifully presented), and energy drinks, and another letter giving advice on post-race recovery. They also had energy drinks waiting in the lobby, which they handed to me (and presumably anyone else dressed like a runner).

The breakfasts were stunning. We took them in both Le Cinq (a stunning dining room) and the gallery (also beautiful: in the afternoons they have a pianist in to play the Steinway). Wonderful pastries.

The bar is great too, though quite small: you need to reserve a table there or ask a member of staff to be seated.

I found all the staff helpful and attentive. They smoothly switched into English whenever I asked "parlez-vous anglais?", if not before (I guess my French accent isn't very good). At checkout, I'd forgotten that our room rate included breakfasts, but of course they hadn't, and they quietly subtracted off the breakfast charges I'd signed for during the stay. At every step the hotel seemed to have thought of everything already.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris? Share your experiences!