“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31 Av George V | 8th Arr., 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Élysées)   |
Ranked #13 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Ithaca, New York
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I spoiled myself with this hotel on a trip to Paris, and it was absolutely worth it. The bed--most comfortable I've ever slept on in any hotel, possibly anywhere else (ever). The bath--sparkling, luxurious, and stocked with Bulgari. The location--perfect, just off the Champs Elysee but quiet, right next to all the best shopping but peaceful, and within walking distance of almost everything that interests a tourist. The service--impeccable. The breakfast--so filling that it was the only meal I ate for a few days. There is also a gym, a salon, flowers everywhere, lovely music in the evenings, daily newspaper delivery, and waterproof maps at the front desk. My room had a view to the inner courtyard, which was lovely in the late spring weather.

Basically, I didn't want to ever leave.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with windows facing the inner courtyard.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you for your comment regarding your recent stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the service, the rooms, the breakfast, the location and the ambiance of the hotel.
We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that "you didn't want to ever leave".
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V.

1,127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a 5* hotel in Paris and the French are well renowned for the quality of their cuisine.

I tried out their breakfast and had the American-style breakfast, whilst my other half had French Toast.

I accepted the prices would be very high because it was 5* hotel, however the quality of the cooking was 'poor'.

My omelette was cooked like the consistency of set blamange and was warm but not hot, very strange way of cooking an omelette, it tasted like it had been poached!

My other half had French Toast, served warm but not hot. Big disappointment as this tasted like bread and butter pudding minus the raisins.

To compound problems the waitress took away my cutlery before I finished my breakfast, do they expect you to eat breakfast with your bare hands?

A pleasant last day spent in Paris was sullied by a poor experience whilst trying to enjoy a quality breakfast in a 5* hotel.

When the bill arrived, the manager had kindly deducted the French toast from the bill.
I was in a hurry to leave and did not notice until later that I had been charged an additional €12 for an orange juice that should have been included as part of American-style breakfast.

May be this is a one-off and the head chef was on vacation as this was Easter period.

The breakfast was 'poor' in quality and taste and not what you would expect from a 5* hotel.
I've had much better experience at other 5* hotels including Paris.

Room Tip: By all means stay at the Four Seasons hotel in Paris but do not eat their breakfast, instead go to a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you for your comment regarding your recent breakfast at Le Cinq. I must admit that I am quite embarrassed to read about your "poor" experience.
First I would like to assure you that we constantly strive to achieve only the highest levels of quality, service and hospitality and I truly regret that we fell short of our goals. I would like to extend my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. I really can understand your frustration and disappointment.
I really hope that you will give us the opportunity to get in contact at your convinience in order to further discuss about your experience.
Warmest regards,
Antoine Corneille
Director of Food and Beverage
antoine.corneille@fourseasons.com
tel: + 33 (1) 49 52 70 25
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

First class hotel with first class service! The tasting menu with wine pairings at Le Cinq was out of this world! Not a better location in all of Paris! The Concierge Team was phenomenal! To quote my now fiance, "over the top"!

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you very much for your comment regarding your recent stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
It is a great delight and reward to read that you had "the expericence of a lifetime" while staying with us!
Warmest Regards,
Director of Marketing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have spent the last 7 years due to work staying at multiple Four Seasons, mainly Canary Wharf for business but for pleasure I just had the lovely experience of visiting 4 of the Four Seasons around the world.

Second on my trip was the Four Seasons George V after a long drive up from South of France. Checking in, we had the upgrade of a lifetime (I am convinced this sort of thing only happens to people like me once, so I still have stars in my eyes over it). We were given a Honeymoon Suite with a terrace and I could see the Eifle Tower from the window. A separate dining/living space and double doors to a bedroom with master bath off of it.

The moment we arrived from the gorgeous flowers in the lobby through to the impecable service at every turn.

This is one of the top hotels in the world, but they made us feel so very welcome and not at all shy and out of place. Adored every moment. Thank you Four Seasons!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor following your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
We do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that you "adored every moment of your stay".
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We just stopped here briefly and were absolutley wowed by everything about this hotel. The finer details were absolutely fantastic, nothing was too much trouble for the staff and their hospitality hit the exact right note of welcoming andgenuine warmth that si so often missing form many places I stay.
We enjoyed one of the champagne cocktails in the small bar before dining one night and was really impressed with the value for money element that I think is massively undersold here. I paid £56 for two champagne cocktails, but for this the service was impeccable, the atmosphere warm and cosy right by the fire on one of the plump sofas where i snuggled into the cushions, the nibbles included were olives and some fo the finest cheese straws I've ever had, not to mention a really tasty bowl of mixed nuts. Overall I would rather spend a little more but recieve the great experience I did here and it was my partner's life-long ambition to visit here. I would recommend any day!

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed and kind comment.
We are very pleased that you appreciated the service and the atmosphere of the bar and it is a great honor for us to know that it was a memorable moment for you.
Furthermore, we are delighted to read that you appreciated the warmth of our hotel as we do our best to make sure our customers feel like at home.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon,
Warmest Regards,

Antoine Corneille
Director of Food and Beverage
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've stayed in a few swanky hotels in the past few years, but nothing came close to the experience we had here. We stayed there as a special treat on our first trip to Europe.
A limo ride from the airport delivered us in style to the George V, pulling up next to the orange Lamborghini out front...
The reception staff were impeccable and showed us to the cafe for complimentary drinks whilst they finished preparing our room.
The suite was simply amazing.
The spa and the pool were spectacular.
The restaurant (Cinq) was too.
We only stayed 3 nights before moving on to less pricey (five star) digs.
The knowledgeable concierge staff were aware we were leaving for another hotel, and still told us to come back to them if we needed any help.
Expensive? Very. Worth it? Yes.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your experience at the Four Seasons Hotel George V, we are delighted to read that you had a memorable time among us!
Recognition is very important to us and I am delighted to see that we exceeded your expectation on that manner.
We hope to see you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
Kindest regards,
Director of Sales and Marketing
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Outstanding property, service was superb!! Ideal location we walked everywhere, shopping was great, lots of restaurants within walking distance, many great little cafes, the spa and the gym were fantastic,. Food and amenities were amazing. The flower arrangements were incredible, the Restaurant Le Cinq offers a fantastic menu,

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor, regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the service, the spa, le Cinq and the flowers! Your comment is very important to us and we will make sure to share it with our teams.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris? Share your experiences!