“Simply divine. Beautiful. And remarkably attentive staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris

You added Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31 Av George V | 8th Arr., 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Élysées)   |
Announcement
Chef Christian Le Squer
Ranked #5 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Hong Kong
“Simply divine. Beautiful. And remarkably attentive staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Beautiful lobby. Signature flower decorations awaits and excellent service. Decor is of ultimate beauty and service is graceful and done with a smile. Why I love this hotel and remember my stay ? Seconds after checking in i descend to the spa to make an appointment and see what all the acclaim is about. As the elevator door opens I am greeted by a smiling face and the attendant greets me and used my last name. I will never forget that Four Seasons Moment.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel George V!
It is a real delight to read that you will "never forget that Four Seasons moment".
We hope to see you again soon!

Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Up until this stay, I always thought GeorgeV was the best city hotel in the world. I like FourSeasons and Isadore Sharp's style a lot, very personalized from the moment you enter the building.

This stay wasn't one of the many good experiences I had in this hotel. Here is why:

1. I booked a Mercedes Vito with GeorgeV for 11.00am for a pick up from CDG airport with my family (two kids 5yo and 2yo). The transfer was comfortable. We arrived a little early but the reception was very much aware that we were coming. We had to wait more than two hours in the lobby for get our room.
2. Because I stayed many time in GeorgeV, we have a preferred room. I asked for it before we arrived but this request was declined. Not a big issue for many hotels, but I expect more from the hotel which competes for the best city hotel in the world.
3. Following day, when we came back at 4pm to freshen up, housekeeping was cleaning the room. Despite the fact that we left the notice on the door when we left the room in the morning. Overall, I think 4pm cleaning is not acceptable. This should be done before noon.
4. The room that was allocated to my family had such a small wardrobe that we had to keep some of our stuff in our luggage.

On the check-out, the receptionist asked how was my trip and I said it wasn't in line with the standard we expected. Later in the week I received a survey from FS, and filled it accordingly. Again after some time I got a call from GeorgeV saying they are sorry to hear I was disappointed. Unless GeorgeV confirms that at least they took a note of the issues and would make sure they dont happen next time, what exactly is the purpose of the call?

I had many many good memories in this hotel and I was very sad to see it changing negatively. I hope this is one unlucky event and it is not the beginning of a downward spiral.

Best,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Went with a date for a long weekend repute and NEVER left once. Great suite with nice welcoming basket of goodies and selected wines.

Room service and in-house dining was relish. Maurice, took suburb care of my date for spa and in-suite shopping.

5* Four Season Hotel with 4* for dining selection. Fantastic romantic stay.

Room Tip: Suite and above ONLY!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your experience at the Four Seasons Hotel George V, we are delighted to read that you had a memorable time among us!
Recognition is very important to us and I am delighted to see that we met your expectation on that manner.

We hope to see you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!

Kindest regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We booked two deluxe rooms for three nights at the George V this most recent October and had a fantastic stay at the end of which we were already looking forward to a return visit. Enough good things about the service you will receive here from hard working, kind and thoughtful people, cannot be overstated though I will try in the following paragraphs.

The Flowers: This is the type of place that you imagine just can't get any better, but it continually surpasses expectations. Let me give you an example with regards to Jeff L.'s famous flower arrangements. Perhaps three years ago we stayed at the George V and noticed that they had these stunning variegated royal purple orchids, everywhere, and like none I've ever seen in all of the beautiful botanical gardens I've visited. I thought to myself, "what a joy to view these so elegantly arranged stunning flowers." So when we returned a year later, I thought just before I walked into the lobby, "I wonder what Jeff has done...but whatever it is it can't top those purple orchids." Then I see that these same stunning orchids have now been suspended in the air by invisible threads, covering the expanse of the inner courtyard. If you've ever seen the beauty of a field of lavender you get the idea, except these are orchids and they appear to be floating in the air. Well, I thought this is really a joy to see! How inventive and interesting! The following year, this year, I came back to the hotel and I thought I'd see something beautiful and was looking forward to seeing what Jeff had created. But as my family rushed through the stunning lobby to see the courtyard, we really couldn't have prepared ourselves to see the courtyard transformed into a lush forest of these purple orchids, exploding out of urns, still floating in the air, and now with a backdrop of a waterfall in the center for the courtyard. Do you get the picture? This is just an amazing place, with amazing people, and I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say anything is possible here.

Rooms: The rooms even the entry level category are spacious, very quiet, relaxing, and very French. I love that the rooms have a selection of (good) predominately French subject or authored books, that there is a high quality, beautiful really, umbrella to borrow if its raining, the nespresso coffee maker, the fine quality teas to brew restocked daily, the Bulgari green tea toiletries, the classic French prints, and the floral damask fabrics in golden yellows, egg blues, and light greens. The beds are so very comfortable. The bathrooms are soothing in cream marble with inlaid colored marble accents. Towels are fluffy and plentiful. The rooms are slowly being renovated to include a much updated sound and tv system, including a new tv inset into the bathroom mirror.

Cuisine: When we travel we often like to enjoy breakfast (my favorite meal) in the formal dining room and then order room service from their fine dining restaurant to the room for dinner. It is definitely worth fighting the jet lag to enjoy breakfast in Le Cinq. The eggs benedict are simple but the ingredients are superb and the portions perfect. The juice of the day is often scrumptious and always fresh pressed. The hot chocolate has three flavors, cinnamon, vanilla, and hazelnut. The fruit plate here is a work of art and absolutely delicious. Next time we go I'm going to try the Japanese breakfast. For comparison, I've sampled breakfast at the Ritz, Crillon, Mandarin Oriental, and Park Hyatt, none holds a candle to the George V. Further examples of George V breakfast excellence, they hand make their jams, the croissants are baked by the same bakery which supplies the bread to the President, and they serve the table all at the same time and with a flourish.

Cheese and desserts from Le Cinq: We ordered the Tarte Tatin and several others but I mention and capitalize the Tarte Tatin because it was so flaky, so buttery but light, and with the a light carmel taste which let the apples be the center of the show. The cheeses and accouterments were so enjoyed that we had a rare family "discussion" over who would finish off the blue.

Spa: We all had a massage and/or facial every day, and would never think of doing that in our hometown or at most of the hotels we visit. I only book this many treatments and at such a high cost because there is absolutely value in the quality of the treatments and service. They've recently replaced their private jacuzzi for the VIP suite and put in a great new sauna on the men's side. I had both a Sodashi and a Carita facial. Ultimately I preferred the Carita facial because I feel it was the most "effective," but I most enjoyed the Sodashi experience, perhaps because I liked the different fresh smelling products. Delphine gives amazing facials and the director of the spa, Ms. Fox, is a fantastic team leader!

Don't miss the relaxation room, it is an oasis within an oasis.

Gym: The gym is small but well equipped and never crowded. They have an excellent personal trainer that gives exceptional advice and encouragement. If you have the time I'd recommend hiring him.

The Concierge: There is a veritable fleet of hard working incredibly knowledgable clefs d'or waiting to help make your stay special.

For children: This hotel is perhaps the very best city hotel for children I could imagine. I won't share all the surprises for the kids or the adults by typing them here but suffice it to say we were blown away with the quality and care both parents and children received. Go here with young (well behaved) children and expect and receive a fantastic vacation.

The Business center: The elegance of the George V can be found in all areas of the hotel's public spaces, perhaps none more than the business center with its individual mahogany private alcoves and attentive but respectful service. Even if you bring your laptop come and visit the business center to marvel at what is available should you need it.

Does this hotel cost a premium versus other hotels in Paris? Yes. Is it worth it? Absolutely.

Room Tip: Do not worry about your room. It will be perfect.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you very much for your detailed comment on Tripadvisor, regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that for you, "Far and away the very best in Paris" .
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

George V really is the ultimate hotel.

Everything about this establishment is Heavenly.

It is never a disappointment. The rooms are incredibly comfortable, the service is immaculate, the ambiance is warm and cozy and the location is great.

It was just the way it always is: perfect.

We will be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Recognition is very important to us and I am delighted to see that we exceeded your expectation on that manner.

We hope to see you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!

Kindest regards,

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I feel redundant in giving accolades to this amazing hotel. Nearly every reviewer adores this hotel. The service is stellar. The rooms are luxurious: I especially love the yellow striped fabrics on the spreads, etc. It is fantastic to get a street view of George V. I always prefer a view of the street no matter what the city: but especially in Paris. We mostly ate at the Galerie in the hotel...one night we had a huge, multi-course dinner, which can make for a lazy sleepy morning...champagne and good food do not inspire anything but a luxurious chance to relax and sleep in the next day. So, only once, but the Galerie was delicious and we enjoyed a fantastic atmosphere of the parade of people. The service at the FS George V is just so incredibly superb. My only tiniest complaint is it feels as if it's a little hard to be anonymous...we seem to manage to run into acquaintances from home whenever we stay there. Perhaps because the staff are so friendly to Americans, and everyone. Luxury and Paris equals everything I could ever want.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor, regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that you " enjoyed a fantastic atmosphere"

Bayfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have stayed here several times and have never been disappointed. The level of service is amazing. The rooms are beautiful and always spotless the staff is always welcoming. The food has always been superb. Of all the places I have stayed, this is my favorite. The decor is stunning, the floral work that Jeff Latham and crew maintain is a visual treat. The FS George V has the most comfortable beds! It is expensive, but worth it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that for you this is your favorit hotel .

Director of Marketing

Been to Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris? Share your experiences!