“Hoped for the best, and they impressed!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris

You added Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31 Av George V | 8th Arr., 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Élysées)   |
Announcement
Chef Christian Le Squer
Ranked #4 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Indialantic, Florida
“Hoped for the best, and they impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2007

My stay at the Four Seasons George V was to be my treat to myself this year, and it ended up being even better than I had imagined! The service there is unparalleled, and everyone there gets spectacular treatment. The hotel rooms are huge, by any standards, the bathrooms are huge as well as amazingly opulent. The Bvalgari shampoos and soaps are amazing, a must try even if you never stay at the George V.

I stayed at the George V for 4 days, and I was about to cry when I checked out early one morning. FYI Paris doesn't wake up before 8am! I had the opportunity to try got their regular restaurant, Le Gallerie, as well as Le Cinq, their highly touted world renouned restaurant. Actually I didn't care for the menu too much at Le Cinq, but there's literally 5 people waiting on you hand and food, and after the generous amounts of champange you forget about the food. My dinner in the Gallerie was excellent and the service was astounding as well. Room service was awesome and the food arrived very hot, too hot to immediately eat. They don't mess around at the George V.

Room service comes twice a day, and they look for things they can do, they don't just clean, they make sure everything is absolutely perfect, and with a great attitude at the same time. Parking (underground) was 40E a day, which isn't that bad. Phone calls back to the USA were quite expensive, but hey, the whole place is expensive, nevertheless you feel like you've gotten more than your money's worth when you're checking out.

• Liked — Location, Food, Service
  • Disliked — Price and having to leave
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2007

I thought I died and went to heaven when I stepped into Georges V. We stayed here for our wedding anniversary, and I was nearly brought to tears when I walked into our room and saw the chandelier above the bed with chilled champagne waiting for us. Our room faced out onto a beautiful little street, and the location of the hotel itself is steps away from the metro, and Champs Elysees. The hotel pool and gym were top notch - so incredibly clean. They brought me chilled towels and bottled water while I was there. The concerige could not have been more wonderful. We were in Paris during the Rugby World Cup, and although the France-Ireland game was sold out, the concierge managed to get tickets in the 2nd row of a stadium filled with 80,000 excited fans. The concierge also helped us secure reservations at certain restaurants where we were told it was completely full. If you want to truly dine like royalty, and don't mind spending quite a bit of money on dinner, try Alain Ducasse (not in the hotel). Georges V offered us the hotel's private car, which took us to dinner on our first night there. The hotel also coordinated a car and driver for us so we could take in all the sites of Paris at night. We also had a delicious breakfast in the gorgeous Le Cinq restaurant. Even just hanging out in the hotel lounge was delightful. We had a very chic high tea there, as well as several late night snacks/drinks. I can't say enough wonderful things about this truly amazing hotel in the most gorgeous city on earth!

• Liked — The gym, pool, room, everything!!!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2007

We just got back from 5 days at this wonderful (and extremely expensive) hotel in Paris. From the moment the doorman opened the taxi door everything was first-rate and enjoyable. The lobby is as beautiful as ever. Staff is courteous and solicitous to the point that is actually seems like kindness and genuine affection on their part (I am not that naive though).

Every inch of the facility is spotless and fresh. Bed is extrememly comfortable. Linens very luxurious. Le Bar is relaxed and relaxing, but some may be bothered by the cigarette and cigar smoke. Kids are treated very nicely by the staff. We had breakfast each day at the restaurant le Cinq and it was delicious and fun.

The concierges were very friendly and happy to help. The business center is first-rate and you are not charged to use their computer and the internet unlike at many hotels. There were hordes of fans and paparazzi outside on several occasions waiting for Celine Dion, Gwyneth Paltrow, and other celebities.

BY the way, we booked through American Express Platinum Fine Hotels and Resorts and were given a slight discount for the room rate AND a dopuble upgrade to a Superior Suite, as well as 4 p.m. checkout. I have scored upgrades about 40% of the time with thsi program and it really enhanced our time in Paris. Might be worth considering if you travel much and like upscale hotels.

• Liked — 100% quality everywhere you look or go.
  • Disliked — View of Champs Elysees was so-so.
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2007

Oh my goodness where do you start ! This hotel from top to bottom is perfect. When we arrived at the property we received the already experienced unbeatable FOUR SEASON service. The entrance lobby is full to the brim with fresh flower arrangements and marble flooring. Staff are superb nothing too big or too small to deal with. The room was an executive room with a small living area. Spacious and clean are obvious to note, however the feel of the room and decor really does compliment the city you are staying in. YES this hotel is a little pricey but as the saying goes "you get what you pays for", We dined at the restaurant within the hotel "Le Cinq" which is a 3* Michellin and the price in fairness does reflect that. Food quality EXCELLENT caviar and cress soup, dublin bay prawns, veal off the bone & freshly made chocolate to mention a few. Ladies you know you have arrived when you get a foot stool for your handbag. Humour aside this hotel including the fantastic bar that joins the dining hall is THE VERY best. It is situated in a central position just of the Champs and puts you in the middle of the action. Cost apart this hotel does it all and a lot more. Enjoy, I am sure you will.

• Liked — The lobby, restaurant and bar
  • Disliked — none - although it would have been even more enjoyable it it were a little less pricey
San Diego, California
1,359 helpful votes 1,359 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2007

I just finished up a 3 night stay in this amazing hotel. I have stayed at many 5 star hotels around the world. And I've also stayed at many Four Seasons properties over the years as well. I have been on over 100 international trips the past 6 years and mostly stay at 5 star hotels. I mention these things to give you an idea of just how many hotels I've been in.

To be honest, I've never spent over $1,200 per night on a hotel room before. That is an incredible amount to spend and for that amount you need everything to be perfect. I was just coming from Venice and had a suite overlooking the Canal and that room was amazingly romantic as well and I didn't think I could top that for a more romantic room.

I am on a 20+ plus trip throughout Europe to celebrate my birthday and also my girlfriend has never been to Europe before so I wanted to go all out. She was sure that after Venice nothing could top that. She was awed by this hotel in Paris!

We booked a suite and the hotel upgraded us to a bigger suite. We had an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower. The lobby as everyone described is amazing with amazing floral arrangements. I can't imagine what they must spend on their flower bills alone.

Personally I'm more of a modern furniture type person vs. the old French classic style but when you are in a city like Venice or Paris it's amazing to experience this. From the moment you walk in the door the staff all treats you extremely well. After we checked in every single time we entered or left the hotel they called me by my name. Very good attention to detail and professionalism.

We used the concierge quite a bit for lunch recommendations and dinner recommendations. The one time we didn't we regretted it HORRIBLY. I read a restaurant review in a guidebook we had. We went there for dinner one night because the book said one of the top 5 best restaurants in Paris and the food was amazing! Well, the food was not good and the dinner bill was u$s 600 all for 2 salads, 2 small orders of a fish dish and 1 water and 2 glasses of wine. I wish I only went with the recommendations of the concierge! I wouldn't have minded it if the food was good but it depresses you to think about wasting that much money on a dinner that was just not good. (Name of the restaurant was called L' Arpege for those that are curious).

Which leads me to the feeling after making the reservation for this property. Those reading this review (and probably those that booked in the past). You get an almost guilty feeling after making the reservation and deciding to stay here for spending so much on a hotel room per night. I can honestly tell you that from the moment I checked in, that guilty feeling disappeared. I did NOT have that guity feeling like in the restaurant above.

Everyone at the hotel was great! Our room was great. To be honest, I've stayed at hotels where I thought the inside of the room was nicer but when you take in the full experience it's hard to top this hotel. The location is simply amazing. There are lots and lots of high end stores around the streets near the hotel. We especially did a LOT of shopping on Avenue Montaigne which is close to the hotel. Lots of high end stores there.

The spa was also great at the hotel. It was so romantic at night with the view to the Eiffel Tower. Our European trip couldn't have been better or more romantic. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2007
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2007

WE WERE in europe for 4 weeks and spent out last week at 4 seasons in paris. and we are so happy we did .whaT a way to end a vacation.
it was our 30 th wedding annivarsary.. i book a one bedroom suite and was so happy we were up graded to the emipire suite. IT has great views of the tower.
room service, laundry everything was great.
when we arrived we i drove & pulled in front no where to park the bell man runs out says welcome to 4 seasons.
we are out of car escorted to lobby in seconds . and they parked car and had our 5 large bags in room by the the time we walked up stairs.
the hotel is beautiful..and i thank the four season paris for helping make our 30 th wedding a great time !

• Liked — our room and it view
  • Disliked — the price (:
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

I've been to GV on four seperate occasions. Each time I vist, they increasingly treat me like a king -- meeting me at my taxi/car whereupon four or five people greet me by name, escorting me to my (always upgraded room) via private elevator.

It's heaven. And, if you are not wealthy, you should visit the cafe anyway. Have an expensive coffee and pastry and soak in the sublime atmosphere.

For all the wealth that flows here, you will NOT feel out of place or of a lesser class. Every guest is treated with near-honor. Sure, there are hiccups from time to time, but just speak up -- they will apologize and go beyond in making things right.

Among the finest hotels in Paris -- and the world.

• Liked — Ultimately, it comes down to service, You are treated like a prince/princess
  • Disliked — Lack of LCD/Plasma TV screens in the room.
  • Stayed October 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris? Share your experiences!