“Dare I say "Perfect"?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris

You added Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31 Av George V | 8th Arr., 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Élysées)   |
Announcement
Chef Christian Le Squer
Ranked #5 of 1,792 Hotels in Paris
San Francisco
“Dare I say "Perfect"?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

I've been to GV on four seperate occasions. Each time I vist, they increasingly treat me like a king -- meeting me at my taxi/car whereupon four or five people greet me by name, escorting me to my (always upgraded room) via private elevator.

It's heaven. And, if you are not wealthy, you should visit the cafe anyway. Have an expensive coffee and pastry and soak in the sublime atmosphere.

For all the wealth that flows here, you will NOT feel out of place or of a lesser class. Every guest is treated with near-honor. Sure, there are hiccups from time to time, but just speak up -- they will apologize and go beyond in making things right.

Among the finest hotels in Paris -- and the world.

• Liked — Ultimately, it comes down to service, You are treated like a prince/princess
  • Disliked — Lack of LCD/Plasma TV screens in the room.
  • Stayed October 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2007

Our stay at the George V was for ten days, which included one suite for my husband and myself and a superior room for our eldest son. The fact is that if you book into this hotel you are paying a fortune. So once you are over that, what are the reasons for being here..... The service is amazing - from the concierge, to the boy who swings the front door, the bar attendants, or the breakfast hostesses - they all know your name. the business centre is fantastic (and we used it a lot), the housekeeping is impecable, the bar is tons of fun at night (you can book a table - be on time - it is very popular and the staff do their best).... i would tell you the best room for the price (our 21year old son had the most amazing room - better than our suite.,..)....but I am saving the room number for our next trip...... All in all, and we do expect the best, the Greorge V is THE BEST.

• Liked — excellent service
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Wayne, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2007

The George V is a spectacular hotel. The lobby is filled with amazing floral displays; the rooms are lovely, spacious and kept immaculately clean; and the staff is very friendly. All in all, our 4 nights at this hotel were wonderful.

There were, however, some strange inconsistencies with the service which, although not horrible, did detract from an otherwise fabulous experience. For example, when I booked our reservation for 2 rooms, I asked for rooms which were either connecting or close to eachother. Upon check-in, I was told that only one room was ready and that we should check back later for our other room. An hour later, we received a message from the front desk advising that there was a second room ready three floors below or we could wait for a room on our floor. We elected to wait. I requested to see the other room, which was lovely, but not that close to our other room. Although at 3:00 p.m. were were told that the second room would be ready shortly, it took until close to 6:00 p.m. (with a number of calls by me) before we actually received the key to the second room. Even when the key was brought, no one seemed concerned by or apologetic for the delay.

Also, I had requested information from the concierge regarding a restaurant (Laserre). I was told that the information would be sent to my room, but I never received anything from the concierge.

Three out of four mornings our breakfast (which was included as part of the American Express Fine Hotels Program) at Le Cinq was fantastic. The last morning, it seemed like someone lost our order, as the three of us all received our meals at different times and we waited an exceptionally long time for my husband to finally receive a waffle.

Despite these odd glitches, I still found the overall experience to be excellent and I would definitely return to this hotel. Yes, it is expensive, but the view of the Eiffel Tower that we had from our room was priceless. I also give high praise to the spa- I had wonderful facial- another American Express Fine Hotel amenity.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2007

Checking into this hotel, is like a slice of heaven. The staff greets you like your family, and you are home. Our room was beautiful and overlooked a beautiful and quiet courtyard. If I had one complaint about the room, it would be the bathroom only had one sink, other than that it was a large beautiful room. Housekeeping was the best I have had all through Europe. I could not believe that every little detail was attended to. At night our pj's were folded neatly on our bed. The food was fabulous, and the gym was also great. They have a small area overlooking the indoor pool, where after working out you can go and have some coffee, tea, and a light snack. all in all the 4 nights were very special, very expensive, but what a lovely birthday I had.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2007

This is, no doubt, one of the best hotels in the world! One of my favorite things was the flowers in the lobby. Unbenounst to me, they are designed by a native of Utah. Just amazing! My room couldn't have been more huge and beautiful, and of course, the usual impeccable Four Seasons service. Everything was perfect. The only downfall? It was so nice, I didn't want to leave!

• Liked — Beautiful, tasteful, outstanding service
  • Disliked — So beautiful, I didn't want to leave!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
wallasey (liverpool)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2007

I stayed at the four seasons twice now i would reccomend it to everyone. I came with my auntie and uncle and cousin so of a night i stayed in minding my cousin and my auntie and uncle went out. I orderd room service which was quick and fantastic food. Of a morning we went into the resurant down stairs for breakfast which was the perfect egg you could ever get haha. The Staff at four seasons were the nicest politest people nothing was to much trouble for them. If you left your shoes outside your bedroom door at night they would take them away and clean them for you it was fabulous. The bedrooms were out of this world I think we had the suite with the living room in it it was so relaxing shampoo and soaps were fabulous. I would really recomend this hotel. Its is worth the money you pay.
Heather

• Liked — the room
  • Disliked — i loved everything
  • Stayed April 2006, traveled with family
Madrid
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2007

I have been in wonderfull hotels for work in all over Europe and this is the best hotel I have ever tayed in . This is not only due to the quality of the assets (room, bed, Toilet, room size) but to the quality of the people. They seemed in love with their work and this is something extremely difficult to find. They did us an upgrade and they treated us like kings/queen. I definitively will come again. The price is very high but to be honest its worth every penny of it.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris? Share your experiences!