“A special place at champs elysses” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Fouquet's Barriere to your Saves list
Hotel Fouquet's Barriere
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   46 Avenue George V | 08 Arr., 75008 Paris, France   |
Ranked #15 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
“A special place at champs elysses”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Le fouquet will always remain special for me and my other half as we met here almost six years ago at a restaurant soiree on 1st floor. To celebrate special times we revisit the modern side of the hotel and restaurant. Warm service even when its running full in madness of champs elysses which has become more mass affair now. But in confines and hospitality of the hotel we felt great after few years at this nostalgic spot. Great breakfast not to miss.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had the pleasure of staying at the Hôtel Fouquet's Barrière in Paris this past July. The location of this property is fabulous, on the fashionable Avenue George V with all its designer shops and of course, right off the most famous street in the world the Avenue des Champs-Elysées in the heart of it all! It’s a small property with just 81 rooms, but done to a very high 5-star standard. It started out many years ago as just being the famous Fouquets Café on the ground floor – where “glamorous” people would have a café au lait or un verre de champagne to be noticed by the passer-bys on the Avenue des Champs-Elysées. Today it is a sprawling property with 5 restaurants and 3 bars plus all the wonderful amenities of the hotel itself.

My room was very comfortable, with a TV monitor cleverly built into the dresser mirror – and the bathroom so inviting, that one could just dream away in the luxuriant bathtub big enough to fit your entire family (not that you would want them there!) The lobby area is small but oozes with luxury, with someone always on hand to greet you as a returning guest or visitor. One would have thought with all this luxury and the great location that all else would fall into place? Well, as the song goes “It Ain’t Necessarily So!” I, as many travelers, rely on the hotels “business centre” to be able to communicate with the outside world. Despite your lap-top, iPad and smart phones, there comes a time when you want to type a business letter, print a document or what-ever. But Hôtel Fouquet's was greatly lacking in this area. I discovered, with assistance from the reception staff, that the “business centre” was located in a VERY small corner, off the lobby made private by a sheer see-through curtain. Big enough for one small person. The problem during my stay was that the hotels only guest computer DIDN’T WORK!! The reception staff kindly made-do by lending me a lap-top that did work and placed it in my room. But, alas no real working space in the room. Expected for a room that cost $1,000 a day? I did however have a small table which was so low that you would have to sit on the floor to work. – As I stayed for about a week I needed a work space, right? So I called housekeeping who kindly re-arranged my room to accommodate another table, big enough to work on. Et viola!

As many of us will agree, when traveling away from home or office your resource centre at any hotel is the concierge, right? Directions, restaurant bookings (although with Hôtel Fouquet's five great restaurants – one would hardly want to leave the property!)…or simple tourist information. In my case one afternoon, I needed to buy a formal French-cuff shirt (the kind that requires cuff-links) for a very dressy occasion. Well I’m on Avenue George V and the Champs-Elysées so this should be a “no brainer”. So I marched over to the concierge and asked simply where can I buy a French-cuff white dress shirt? One concierge passed me to another – which resulted in “probably nowhere in this area”! I’m not sure if any of the concierge were members of Les Clefs d’Or – which any respectable concierge should belong……so I decided to take a stroll and see for myself. I walked 5 minutes, literally behind the hotel and found Bruce Field (spécialiste de la chemise homme) and found exactly what I wanted – and at a reasonable price ….well for Paris. When I returned to the hotel, I mentioned my find to the same concierge who was astonished that he didn’t remember to send me there. Sacre blu!

Apart from these mishaps which shouldn’t happen when residing at a 5-star hotel, all was made up when I found a beautiful open-air center-courtyard at the hotel, where I could smoke my Cuban cigars at ease and in peace.

Ahhhh Paris.

Room Tip: Depends on your budget. Fouquet's is not cheap - but worth the price. Higher rooms in the back...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Fabrice M, Directeur d'exploitation at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Don,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière in Paris and for sharing your thoughts with us on Tripadvisor.

It is true that the hotel is perfectly located on the Avenue Champs-Elysees and the Avenue George V, not far away from all the major shopping areas and sights in Paris. We appreciate that you enjoyed your room and its amenities as well as the style and decoration of the hotel.

I certainly appreciate your remarks regarding our business area, which is indeed merely a support for our guests who might have forgotten their own devices. We were aware of the failure of the computer and we apologize for this inconvenience. Indeed we are currently looking into a change of providers in this area.

Nevertheless, for the comfort of our guests, free internet, laptops and printers are provided.

In regards of the desk in the room, we have noted your remarks and shared them with our designer for our upcoming renovation. As you have experienced, our housekeeping team is used to adapt the rooms to the very specific needs of every single guest and we do make sure that this preferences are met at every stay.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any mishaps during your stay; we trust that we will be able to welcome you back soon. I would enjoy meeting you personally on that occasion.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had the pleasure of visiting the beautiful Fouquet's Barriere and enjoyed an unforgettable lunch. This hotel is actually small with a total of 81 rooms, but it's 5 restaurants make it feel like a large property.

The staff is a great group of polished professionals that go above and beyond for the pleasure of their guests.

At lunch I ordered the shown chicken dish and really enjoyed the Dijon mashed potatoes that came with it. My friend had the veal and couldn't say enough about it. Oh and dessert is not to be missed! The chocolate delight is certainly worth every calorie. Besides who is really counting calories in Paris?!

I would return to this fabulous property in a heartbeat! In fact, I can't wait to return. A great location, great food and a great staff all make for a great stay in Paris!

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Fabrice M, Directeur d'exploitation at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Sabina,

Thank you very much for your lovely feed-back on Tripadvisor ! We are thrilled that your time with us at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière was enjoyable.

Indeed the desserts of our Pastry Chef Claude Ducrozet cannot be missed and obviously in Paris desserts are a must!

We are very much looking forward to your next visit.

Nicolas Cleorec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What a wonderful stay at a delightful hotel. Welcoming staff who were happy to help at any time, lovely relaxing atmosphere at all times.
Can't wait to go back for our anniversary next year!!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Fabrice M, Directeur d'exploitation at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Jenna,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments on Tripadvisor, it was such a pleasure to welcome you to the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière !

The entire team is thrilled that you enjoyed a relaxing stay with us and we definitively hope to welcome you back next year for your anniversary.

Norman oklahoms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Go here. Get a balcony on the champs.... Get breakfast in your room ,,, delicious. The restaurant down stairs was extremely good too. Staff helpful and nice. Room fun and cool. Loved this place. Great fun and we will go back for sure

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you again for sharing your wonderful comments with us on Tripadvisor ! It is such a pleasure to welcome you back to the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière and see that every time you enjoy ou company.

The entire team looks forward to see you soon at your Parisian Home,

Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful hotel on two separte trips to Paris this year - January and again in July. The location is wonderful - right off the Champs Élysées and Ave George. The entire staff goes out of the way to welcome you and to attend to all of your requests. We stayed in one of the suites that faced the inner courtyard on our first visit and on the Champs Élysées on the 2nd visit. Both rooms exceeded our expectations and were above and beyond. We thoroughly enjoyed both settings. The rooms are well appointed as one would expect from a luxurious five star hotel. I loved having our own Nespresso machine in our room. Another added bonus which is so welcoming is that they stock up the mini bar with all of your favorite beverages (non alcoholic - your butler will correspond prior to arrival to find all of your preferences) and it is all inclusive. I think this was a wonderful addition that you don't see often in luxury properties. Another added amenity is the Butler Service, this was a nice touch and very helpful. We utilized the gym every day which was small but had all the necessary equipment and was sufficient. They also have a wonderful indoor pool but we did not use this feature. The breakfast buffet is wonderful set out in a beautiful room overlooking the inner court yard. I would highly recommend this hotel. I loved the location and the fact that it is a small boutique hotel and not overwhelmingly to busy. The concierge staff is superb and very helpful with any of your request. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Paris. I love this hotel.

Room Tip: I loved the 1 bedroom suite that faces the quite inner courtyard.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the wonderful and detailed review on Tripadvisor! It was such a pleasure to welcome you on two occasions to the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière and we are all thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us.

Indeed our Butler takes great pride to personalize your stay as much as possible and we are glad that you enjoyed their touch. How wonderful that you were able to enjoy our relaxing USpa Shiseido on this occasion.

We are very much looking forward to your next visit. Please let us know in advance, so we can make sure to have your favorite room to the inner courtyard waiting for you!

Nicolas Cleorec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel Is Amazing ,The People The Work There Are Incredible & Everything Is Just Fantastic Best Hotel I Have Ever Stayed At & I Will Be Coming Back. Amazing Place Should Really Stay Here Great Spa Bedrooms Are Nice & They Leave You Chocolates From Lauduree & When U Come Back It's Like U Just Checked In Love The Hotel

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest,

It was such a pleasure to welcome you to the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière and we thank you all for having shared your comments with us on Tripadvisor!

We are thrilled that you enjoyed all services and amenities in the hotel and that you loved the hotel.

We are looking forward to see you back soon to your Parisian Home,

Yours sincerely

Resident Manager

Been to Hotel Fouquet's Barriere? Share your experiences!