“Absolute perfection” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Absolute perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I do not believe I have ever stayed anywhere in the world where I have felt so simply and wonderfully welcomed than at the treasured Fouquet Barrière. It is incredibly rare (perhaps an absolute first!) that I do/did not find fault or something (anything!) to complain about... but here, I flowed through my four days in Paris without fault and with the grandest of smiles.

We came to celebrate the 7th birthday of my daughter and her dear friend. From a surprise birthday cake to gifts, and to the myriad of other fun treasures they have for all children, our first hours in Paris were absolutely perfect.

Our room was absolute perfection- in every way. Our babysitter and I took turns sleeping in the king bed with the birthday girl, and whether in the luxurious bed with the most wonderful feather free duvets and soft pillows or on the rollaway literally next to the window overlooking the Champs-Élysées, we managed to sleep until noon each day without hearing a sound or seeing a ray of sun.

Housekeeping was without fault- no one moved my things around (strangely universal, but not here), and they came and went without my having to call or ever return to a room not perfectly ready. Also, I find it wildly wonderful that everything in the mini bar is free- yes, free! I have stayed at some of the most luxurious and famed hotels around the world, and Fouquet Barrière is the first (!?) that gave us water as if they wanted to contribute to our general health and well-being (as well as juice or Coke for the little ones).

The concierge desk was indispensable (Bertrand!). I was so busy before this trip that I had not planned a single detail or studied any maps, yet with the help daily of the outstanding team at the Fouquet concierge desk, we checked off SIX wish lists (adults and children) with what seemed to be the utmost of true pleasure of the concierge team. We even mastered the metro, due to step by step instructions and mapping, which made some of us feel pretty cool. In addition, I encountered a serious problem with American Express, who thought my card had been stolen and therefore cancelled, and Bertrand made the call for me and allowed me to use the concierge telephone when I was at my wit's end - again, with only great pleasure in assisting.

Finally- room service. It's one of our favorite things in the world. Especially when you are sleeping until noon (or later), again, there aren't many hotels that will forgive the hours listed on the room service menu and give you exactly what you want (or more!), whenever you want it. Guillaume was the kind voice at the end of the line when we were desperate for coffee or croissants or whatever else we could dream up. More than once, he made the delivery himself, ensuring everything was perfect (which it always was- again, we never had to ask for more butter or strawberry jam, even though one of us ate it without abandon). Indeed, on our last day, we had one breakfast at 7 a.m., one at 9 a.m., and then finally, Guillaume made sure to come back to give the birthday girl her omelette, fresh and hot, with what were truly sad goodbyes!

I really just do not gush - but Fouquet Barrière in Paris is worth gushing about. I have one picture of myself from this trip that explains it all - I have never seen myself happier, more carefree - and so much of it has to do with resting so peacefully and being guided so flawlessly through Paris by our new friends at Fouquet Barrière Paris. Merci merci merci.

(Oh and if you would like to see an example of just how very much I can find fault in a luxury hotel, stay tuned for a review coming soon from the south of France...)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Linda,

It is very difficult for us to find suitable words to thank you for this wonderful comments and remarks following your family’s stay at the Hotel Fouquet’s BArrière. Needless to say that every single team member is grateful and proud for this amazing feed-back!

So just a very warm Thank You from us all.

What a pleasure to be part of your daughter’s 7th birthday anniversary, we truly hope that this special occasion will remain in her memories for a long time. I am sure that the little Grenadine, the ladybird, will remind her of her trip to Paris.

Thank you as well for mentioning Bertrand and his concierge team, as well as Guillaume and his room-service team. We all are looking forward to welcome you back soon to your new Parisian home.

Fabrice Moizan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

You walk into this hotel and they are so welcoming! It really feels like they are happy you are there. The lobby is simply gorgeous. The bellman was so helpful with arranging taxis even in the rain when it is most difficult!

• Stayed June 2013
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear guest

We really appreciate your wonderful comments left on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière!
Hopefully you will be coming back soon and we will do our Best to have a sunny day on that occasion…

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Really great place to spend a couple of days.
Rooms very clean and large. We enjoyed the time we spent in this hotel and we definetely hope to come back as soon as possible. paris is paris.. What else....

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor about your last stay with us at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière !

We truly hope to see you back soon! As Audrey Hepburn said “Paris is always a good idea”…

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed three nights at Fouquet's Barriere earlier this month. My mother had been to the hotel earlier in the year and from the moment we entered the hotel, the staff remembered and greeted her. It remains her favourite hotel in Paris and I can see why: the service is incredible, the hotel is immaculate and the spa is divine. Make sure to bring your swimsuit and take advance of the pool and relaxing area!

My only criticism is that as a nut allergy sufferer I have to be very careful when I travel. I've lived in France so I am aware that they use peanut oil in many kitchens as their main cooking oil. We had no problem in the hotel, but unfortunately I would not recommend the neighbouring La Petite Maison de Nicole.

When we asked whether they used peanut oil they told us on the door that they did not. However, it soon transpired that peanut oil is their main cooking oil. They were able to cater for me (grilled steak with mash potato - delicious) but the confusion which occurred during our meal and the waitress' initial attitude would not inspire confidence. So just a head's up for those with serious peanut allergies.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this wonderful feed-back on your last stay with us at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barriere! We are thrilled that you and your mum enjoyed being with us again!

I am however concerned about your constructive remarks in regards of your allergy request. Please be assured that we take this very seriously and have already taken the necessary measures with our Food and Beverage Manager to prevent this to reoccur.

We truly hope to have the pleasure to welcome you very soon back to the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière!

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in an Executive Suite overlooking the Champs Élysées . ( with soundproofed windows) . We had a wonderful bathroom with lovely toiletries. The room was spacious and furnished with fresh flowers and a well stocked ( non alcoholic mini-bar which is included in the room rate . What made our stay though is the staff, so professional and courteous. Our Butler looked after us very well and was charming and efficient .

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière with all of us on Tripadvisor!

Everybody on the team and specially the Butlers are thrilled that you enjoyed their services.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back soon. Maybe on that occasion you would like to try our wonderful Duplex Suite with the view to the Eiffel Tower?

Milan, Lombardia, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great location, lovely boutique, great location and the real guest winner is an extraordinary staff who makes each guest feel like they are at home with a full and happy service staff. Impressive crew. Congratulations

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

This is a marvellous feed-back on your stay with us at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière! The entire staff of the hotel thanks you for your comment on TripAdvisor and your congratulations. Merci beaucoup!

We hope to see you back soon at your Parisian home,
Very sincerely,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Having stayed at the nearby Four Seasons Georges V hotel, I really thought that I had seen the best of the French hospitality sector: I was wrong. The staff at the Hotel Fouquet Barriere is simply unique: incredible attention to detail, immediate knowledge of the customer's preferences and a smile on every face.

The decoration of the hotel is the only area that I did not really appreciate but I understand that it wants to create a unique style.

Overall, this was a unique experience. Thank you everyone for a wonderful stay. Looking forward to another visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear guest,

It was such a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with our services at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barriere and I thank you very much in behalf of the entire team for leaving these comments on Tripadvisor !

Indeed, the satisfaction of every individual guest is very important to us and we are thrilled that we achieved this goal.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you on a future occasion!

Fabrice Moizan

Been to Hotel Fouquet's Barriere? Share your experiences!