“Business stay...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Fouquet's Barriere

You added Hotel Fouquet's Barriere to your Saves list
Hotel Fouquet's Barriere
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   46 Avenue George V | 08 Arr., 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Elysees)   |
Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #21 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Montreal, Canada
“Business stay...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I am really glad that my work needs me to travel a lot around the world and my company sent me to Paris. They booked with Fouquet's Barriere and my stay there was like i was in heaven. The room was very luxury and the staff is obviously picked one by one. Everyone was really helpful in anything i needed. Quite large room for my needs and great breakfast.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Please be assured that we are very glad as well that your company sends you to Paris and that you were able to stay with us at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière !

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our services and the staff and for sharing them on Tripadvisor.

We truly hope to be able to see you often for other business trips!

Général Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The Duplex Eiffel Suite Room 418 for Valentine's Day week could not have been more wonderful. Our experience with Hotel Fouquet's Barriere was first class start to finish. Upon arrival, we were welcomed personally by Monika, the manager, then accompanied to the room where Sebastian, the butler, showed us all of the features. The staff during our stay were so very attentive, courteous and accessible.

WOW doesn't begin to describe the suite. The entrance hallway leads to the downstairs bedroom, exquisitely decorated in muted tones, with a huge walk in closet, and bathroom with double sinks, bathtub and shower. One of many welcoming gifts were two Hermes fragrances. The toilet and bidet are located off of the entrance hallway, not in the bathroom. This might be disconcerting for some, but it is smart as visitors to the suite have no need to enter the bedroom.

A winding wooden staircase leads to the upstairs living space. The living room, dining table, and work desk are all very comfortable with views of the Eiffel Tower. The private patio space outside has a spectacular view of the Eiffel Tower. Unfortunately it was very cold during our stay, but I can imagine in the Spring and Summer how delightful it would be. We had tea delivered every day as well as daily room service dining. Both the food and staff service were outstanding.

For us, the hotel has a strategic location for accessing the major sights of Paris, as well as shopping. The entrance on George V allows for a civil arrival, rather than being directly on the Champs Elysee and in the crowds. After several days of self-guided touring, the Hotel Concierge easily and promptly arranged for a car and driver for an afternoon. It was well worth it not to be part of a group tour somewhere and have the flexibility to explore the back streets of Paris. We've done private touring in other cities - always a treat.

Unfortunately we did not have enough time to experience the spa, so I can't comment other than to expect that it would be of the same quality and service that we experienced in the hotel. Also, we only had one dinner in the restaurant as we prefer room service, but the food and service overall were excellent. The only negative about the food was that the rib-eye steak was not tasty, but all of our other selections were well prepared and delicious.

I want to finish by saying that this suite is unique, and priced accordingly, nevertheless for us it was totally worth the expenditure to make our first trip to Paris and our Valentine's Day experience extremely special. We did get our 4th night free and a free restaurant meal using American Express Travel, so please don't overlook their deal if it is available. Room selection and cost notwithstanding, it will be a pleasure to return to Hotel Fouquet's Barriere and stay again in any room. Having searched the list of Paris hotels and compared the amenities, then experienced our selection of Fouquet's Barriere in person, I can't imagine there is a better hotel in Paris that combines such stellar service, pleasant personnel, incredible location, and a spectacular Eiffel view.

Thank you to the management staff for such an extraordinary stay!

Room Tip: Room 418 is the Duplex Eiffel Suite view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

How wonderful to read on TripAdvisor that you have enjoyed your time in Paris and at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière! You have indeed left an amazing description of our hotel !

Your comments about the room, the service of our team are marvellous and we thank you very much for your wonderful support. They will be a great source of motivation to them!

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to your new home-away-home in Paris, and hope you will be able to try our USPA.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed there for 4 night and 3 days with my family. I would love to say its a family friendly and best for kid's and I would love to stay there during my nest trip. Staff is professional and helpful.

Room Tip: Corner Rooms are best for me
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions following your stay with us at the hotel Fouquet’s Barrière!

Indeed, our team strives to do everything possible to satisfy our families and little guests. I hope that they enjoyed their gifts!

We are looking forward to your next visit!

Riyadh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Hello I have been to this hotel twice the last was in January 2013 when we arrive the evening manger welcome us and he and all the staff with him where very helpful and charming about the room i did not like that the toilet is separate from bathroom or at least put wash basin in the toilet and I think the carpet need change the staff in the reception ,concierge,housekeeper,spa and the room service are very helpful and charming thanks to all of them about the butler the first time i stay in the hotel he was very efficient ,very helpful ,very charming he deserve the best but for the second time I only see our butler twice when we arrive and when we left she was not very effective may be she need more training thank you

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you very much for your patronage and for staying back at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière last January. How wonderful to read that you enjoyed your time with us!

Your comments in regards our services and staff are very much appreciated!

We are very much looking forward to see you back soon and we will ensure to have your butler at your services.

Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a special treat for my mother in laws birthday, this was her first time to Paris, it was our fifth and we have previously stayed at the George V so my expectations were high!

First impressions were not great as there wasn't a dedicated area to pull in so it was all a bit of a rush, we had our two children with us also (4 & 7) and it was quite stressful getting them out of the car however one we walked in the door it all became much calmer, I have never encountered such welcoming staff, they really were so lovely and made the children feel very special.

We had a junior suite interconnecting with a standard room for our boys, Our in laws were placed in the room beside the boys and that was also interconnecting which was a nice touch. I loved the decor in the rooms, very modern however I didn't like the fact that the toilet is separate from the main bathroom, it's just as you walk in through the door, there is no sink in it which just doesn't feel right or flow, not great if you need to get up in the middle of the night then go to the main bathroom to wash your hands!! Other than that the rooms were lovely. We received turn down service but I had read about little treats that were left on your pillow, we didn't receive anything except water.

We had dinner the first night in Fouquets restaurant and this is where the hotel were amazing, just as we went to sit down my mother in law took ill & fainted. The staff from the restaurant & the hotel were superb, they didn't make a big fuss just ensured she was okay, had her privacy and generally couldn't have been more helpful. They brought drinks to distract the children and helped her back to her room. I can't thank them enough in the way they handled the situation. The meal that night was superb.

Thankfully she was okay the next morning and we went down for breakfast, we had to wait for a table to be made up as there was six of us, the quality of the breakfast was superb however we received it bit by bit and we had to keep asking for things they had forgotten such as milk, toast, etc, it was like this each morning of our stay so was a bit disappointing.

We also had lunch on the Sunday in the courtyard, I rang down beforehand and asked if they could seat us and told them there would be six of us and we would be twenty minutes, they said fine but when we arrived there was no table set up and we then waited another 15 minutes whilst they set up a table for us, whilst they were doing this another guest came in and took the table we were intending to sit at so they started from scratch again so it was a bit farcical! The lunch however was delicious.

I really did like this hotel, wonderful location, friendly staff & fantastic decor but some of the staff were just not trained to a five star standard and at prices like these it was disappointing. Next time we will go back to the George V but I would like to stay here again as it has a certain quirkiness about it that the big chains don't have and it really feels like you are in a french hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It was such a pleasure to welcome you and your family on this special occasion to the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière! Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your feelings with us on TripAdvisor.

How wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were overall satisfied with our services. Your comments about our team are very much appreciated and are as always a wonderful source of motivation, thank you very much.

I am however concerned about your very constructive remarks in regards of the breakfast organisation and I will immediately share them with the restaurant manager in order to prevent this to reoccur in the future.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you back soon, please be kind enough to contact me for your future arrangements.

Palm Beach Gardens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The problem with many great hotels is that they are only great to a select clientele. If you're not rich and famous, you won't get the time of day no matter what rate you are paying.

There are some exceptions (ex: Raffles L'Hermitage in Beverly Hills) and Fouquet's is one of them. I stayed here on business in February and loved everything about the hotel. My other Paris stays have been at the Bristol and Fouquet's is heads and tails above.

The hotel has a relaxed informal vibe that is immediately apparent upon check in. Doormen wear a more modern take on the traditional uniform. Check-in staff displayed the kind of genuine friendliness that is the difference between a good hotel and a great one. I arrived around 11am and my room was not quite ready so I enjoyed a coffee in the lounge area. I could not stop admiring the beautiful Harcourt photo portaits of film stars that are everywhere.

My room, 502, was elegant in all regards - a soothing color scheme and a high grade fabrics. I stayed on the top floor with a gorgeous Paris street view and double glass windows that kept every bit of noise out. In room technology was up to snuff (Internet radio, in-room printer) but I could have used a few more English television channels than the 5 or 6 offered. The room has a peculiar dog-leg shape that put the WC area on one end and the shower / vanity area on another.

There are several bars and restaurants. I had lunch at the famed Fouquet's and it was excellent. It felt like the clubby place that it is. The bars serve delectable snacks along with your beverages.

Everyone knew my name by the second time I walked through the lobby regardless of whether I had met them or not. I felt like Paris royalty even though I was just there to do some work. My only complaint is that I wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

How wonderful to read your detailed comments about your recent stay at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière! Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the services of the hotel and your room to the Champs-Elysées. Our team strives indeed to make every single guest feel like royalty as they deserve and they will be thrilled to hear that they achieved their goal.

We truly hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon and maybe you will be able to stay longer on that occasion. We are all waiting for the opportunity to welcome you back!

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

good place for family stay.all the rooms are very nice.staff are very friendly.place is very nice and clean.break fast is very delicious.the facilities which are providing by the form is really good.i really love this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor!
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon!