“Lovely Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Cheshire
“Lovely Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a special treat for my mother in laws birthday, this was her first time to Paris, it was our fifth and we have previously stayed at the George V so my expectations were high!

First impressions were not great as there wasn't a dedicated area to pull in so it was all a bit of a rush, we had our two children with us also (4 & 7) and it was quite stressful getting them out of the car however one we walked in the door it all became much calmer, I have never encountered such welcoming staff, they really were so lovely and made the children feel very special.

We had a junior suite interconnecting with a standard room for our boys, Our in laws were placed in the room beside the boys and that was also interconnecting which was a nice touch. I loved the decor in the rooms, very modern however I didn't like the fact that the toilet is separate from the main bathroom, it's just as you walk in through the door, there is no sink in it which just doesn't feel right or flow, not great if you need to get up in the middle of the night then go to the main bathroom to wash your hands!! Other than that the rooms were lovely. We received turn down service but I had read about little treats that were left on your pillow, we didn't receive anything except water.

We had dinner the first night in Fouquets restaurant and this is where the hotel were amazing, just as we went to sit down my mother in law took ill & fainted. The staff from the restaurant & the hotel were superb, they didn't make a big fuss just ensured she was okay, had her privacy and generally couldn't have been more helpful. They brought drinks to distract the children and helped her back to her room. I can't thank them enough in the way they handled the situation. The meal that night was superb.

Thankfully she was okay the next morning and we went down for breakfast, we had to wait for a table to be made up as there was six of us, the quality of the breakfast was superb however we received it bit by bit and we had to keep asking for things they had forgotten such as milk, toast, etc, it was like this each morning of our stay so was a bit disappointing.

We also had lunch on the Sunday in the courtyard, I rang down beforehand and asked if they could seat us and told them there would be six of us and we would be twenty minutes, they said fine but when we arrived there was no table set up and we then waited another 15 minutes whilst they set up a table for us, whilst they were doing this another guest came in and took the table we were intending to sit at so they started from scratch again so it was a bit farcical! The lunch however was delicious.

I really did like this hotel, wonderful location, friendly staff & fantastic decor but some of the staff were just not trained to a five star standard and at prices like these it was disappointing. Next time we will go back to the George V but I would like to stay here again as it has a certain quirkiness about it that the big chains don't have and it really feels like you are in a french hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was such a pleasure to welcome you and your family on this special occasion to the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière! Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your feelings with us on TripAdvisor.

How wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were overall satisfied with our services. Your comments about our team are very much appreciated and are as always a wonderful source of motivation, thank you very much.

I am however concerned about your very constructive remarks in regards of the breakfast organisation and I will immediately share them with the restaurant manager in order to prevent this to reoccur in the future.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you back soon, please be kind enough to contact me for your future arrangements.

Fabrice Moizan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Palm Beach Gardens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The problem with many great hotels is that they are only great to a select clientele. If you're not rich and famous, you won't get the time of day no matter what rate you are paying.

There are some exceptions (ex: Raffles L'Hermitage in Beverly Hills) and Fouquet's is one of them. I stayed here on business in February and loved everything about the hotel. My other Paris stays have been at the Bristol and Fouquet's is heads and tails above.

The hotel has a relaxed informal vibe that is immediately apparent upon check in. Doormen wear a more modern take on the traditional uniform. Check-in staff displayed the kind of genuine friendliness that is the difference between a good hotel and a great one. I arrived around 11am and my room was not quite ready so I enjoyed a coffee in the lounge area. I could not stop admiring the beautiful Harcourt photo portaits of film stars that are everywhere.

My room, 502, was elegant in all regards - a soothing color scheme and a high grade fabrics. I stayed on the top floor with a gorgeous Paris street view and double glass windows that kept every bit of noise out. In room technology was up to snuff (Internet radio, in-room printer) but I could have used a few more English television channels than the 5 or 6 offered. The room has a peculiar dog-leg shape that put the WC area on one end and the shower / vanity area on another.

There are several bars and restaurants. I had lunch at the famed Fouquet's and it was excellent. It felt like the clubby place that it is. The bars serve delectable snacks along with your beverages.

Everyone knew my name by the second time I walked through the lobby regardless of whether I had met them or not. I felt like Paris royalty even though I was just there to do some work. My only complaint is that I wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

How wonderful to read your detailed comments about your recent stay at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière! Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the services of the hotel and your room to the Champs-Elysées. Our team strives indeed to make every single guest feel like royalty as they deserve and they will be thrilled to hear that they achieved their goal.

We truly hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon and maybe you will be able to stay longer on that occasion. We are all waiting for the opportunity to welcome you back!

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

good place for family stay.all the rooms are very nice.staff are very friendly.place is very nice and clean.break fast is very delicious.the facilities which are providing by the form is really good.i really love this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor!
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon!

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Based on reviews I read I had quite high expectations of this hotel and whilst it was lovely there were a few things that tarnished our stay.
First of all, before we arrived we received a form to fill in of our 'favoutites' to make our stay more comfortable. Things like, what colour flowers we preferred (I ticked white and there were purple in the room), what type of music we preferred (there was no music) pillow preference etc etc. I'm not sure what the purpose of this form is if these things arent implemented.
We arrived in a taxi from the airport and there was no one at the door to assist with our luggage or greet us (not very 5 star in my books). So we struggled with our heavy suitcases up to front desk for check in. Not a great start.
We stayed for 3 nights and for 2 out of the those 3 nights we did not receive turndown service. The first night was fine and everything was great. The second night we returned to our room at 10pm and noticed we hadn't received turn down service so I called the front desk and they apologized and said they would send housekeeping up straight away. So we headed to the bar for a night cap. When we returned housekeeping had been. They removed all the used glassware but didn't replace them, nor did they replace the water. So we went without still water that night.
The third and last night we returned late after a day of sightseeing about 11pm and again, no turn down service. I called the front desk and they suggested maybe we had left our 'do not disturb sign on'. We had been out all day, had our room made up that morning from housekeeping so the sign could not have been on. They apologized again and offered to send someone up but it was too late and we were ready for bed.
Aside from the negatives that we encountered, the hotel is really lovely, a great location and sleep quality is excellent. Both myself and my husband commented on how comfortable the bed was.
The bar and staff were outstanding, a special mention to Pepe who was fabulous. Cocktails are wonderful.
Overall a lovely stay but we encountered a few things that should not happen in a 5 star hotel. I have received an apologetic email from management with an offer of an upgrade for next time but I'm not sure we will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to post your remarks on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière.

First of all, I would like to personally apologize for the unpleasant experience you had with some of our services. Your observations were immediately investigated and you are absolutely right in your assumptions, we did not provide you with the service you quite rightly would expect from a hotel of our standard.

On a more positive note, it was indeed a pleasure to read that you were overall satisfied with our hotel and its location. Your enthusiasm for our staff is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation for the entire team.

Your constructive remarks will certainly help to us to quickly reach the quality we aim.
We all look forward to welcoming you again in a not too distant future.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 30th anniversary in Paris. We stayed at Fouquet's after extensive research on my part from Jan 9-13 2013. The room I requested was the one on Champs Elysses and I asked if they could have it ready upon our arrival from US (around 12 noon). The room included breakfast, a bottle of champaigne and a bouquet of roses. I had requested that they have the bottle upon our arrival but that the roses be brought to the room the following day which was our anniversary. They did everything I asked when I asked: the room was ready for us early, the champaigne was in the room when we walked in, breakfast in the room was brought in at 9:30 the following morning and the roses were in the room before we went to dinner. Perfect, they made me look like a king - now that is service!
Also, on the seond day we noticed there were flying insects in our room - nothing dangerous but certainly not what you 'd expect from a 5 star hotel; probably from the fruit or the roses. They did not hesitate a second: they upgraded us to a suite with balcony on the Champs Elysses and transferred all our things while we enjoyed Paris.
Merci beaucoup! You made our stay unforgettable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I read another review where someone mentioned this hotel raised the bar, and I have to agree.

Yes it a very expensive hotel but there are more expensive ones in Paris, and at least at the Fouquet you do get exactly what you pay for and expect from a 5 star hotel.

Can't beat the Champs Elysee location! It was magical, especially during the holidays.
Our room was a decent size for Europe, lots of closet and luggage room with a lounge area and good size tub and shower.

The staff were pros. This is a true 5 star hotel.
All wonderful, available, accommodating, attentive and amicable in all the facilities (restaurants, bar, hotel).

Little things such as free suite upgrade, complementary preferred water type and snacks.
The free bottle of champagne made our stay romantic and very memorable!
Restaurant Le Fouquet is like a rite of passage in Paris.
Restaurant Le Diane was beautiful, good food and nice view of the courtyard.
Bar Le Lucien was fun: good for celebrity spotting and surprisingly very good prices for cocktails in Paris and yummy mise en bouche.
The truffled nuts are delicious: my husband still talks about them.

Its a close tie between the Fouquet Barriere and Le Crillon, but the service at the Fouquet is better.

For the size of the suites and palatial feel and more central location the Crillon is better. But don't get me wrong there is a reason why le Fouquet's Barriere is rated #1 in Paris.
The pre arrival guest preferences arrangements, the wonderful concierge and waking up to a view of les Champs is certainly a must, at least once in a life time!
We cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the Champs Elysees, it was absolutely MAGICAL! We could see the Paris wheel on...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me to thank you very much for this amazing comment on TripAdvisor following your stay with us during the holidays! Being compared to the top hotels of the world and reading that you enjoyed our services and amenities is definitively a highlight of this New Year!

Our location on the Champs-Elysees is certainly one of our key points and with special services such as the complimentary in room amenities, our various restaurants and bars we hope to ensure that our guests have an exceptional experience.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon to Paris and the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière! Again, thank you for having taken the time to give us such wonderful feed-back.

Olympia, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

The Hotel Fouquet's has raised the bar on attention to detail. The rooms are beautiful, the service is outstanding. It is in a great location - right on the famous Champs Elysees. They go out of their way to ensure that you are comfortable and the concierge is simply the best in making suggestions and reservations. My husband cut his finger and needed hydrogen peroxide. One call to the front desk and 15 minutes later, we had what we needed because they sent an employee to the pharmacy. This is just one example of "over the top" customer service. We will be back to Paris in the summer and cannot imagine staying anywhere else.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear guest,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the hotel Fouquet’s Barrière!

Thank you very much for this wonderful comment on Tripadvisor, which of course I have shared with the entire team. It is always a great source of motivation for our staff to hear that our guests appreciated their services and attention to detail.

We truly hope that your husband is better and that the cut was not too deep.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you back in the summer and will ensure that you will have a memorable stay.

Fabrice Moizan

Been to Hotel Fouquet's Barriere? Share your experiences!