So my wife and I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. The hotel is in a great location (next to Chanel) which my wife loved!!. The hotel is clean and tidy and the room size was not big but not small either, it was fine for a 3 night stay. This hotel however is not a 5 star but more of a 4 star. We arrived in the hotel at 12 o'clock. We did not receive our room until 1.15 so i was annoyed especially as we went out for 40 mins to kill time and then ended up waiting some more. Now also i emailed them to ask if they could do something extra for us a week before as it was my wife's birthday (another reviewer mentioned they received a room upgrade. We defn. did not and the check in staff did not mention anything. We didn't feel any extra was done except for the norm. The staff were always pleasant and we had no issues.
The room was nice but didn't like the fact that the toilet was on one side without a basin to wash your hands and the bathroom was on the other side. Beds were comfy. Another issue we found is that every time another room had a shower in the morning we heard so much water noise so sleeping in was difficult. The TV was very average with very very few English speaking channels but this was not a major issue.
I have to say that the lady at concierge who we always spoke to in the evenings for dinner was just amazing and very helpful...if it was a review on her she would get 6 stars as you sent us to some wonderful restaurants that we cannot stop raving about. I didn't get her name but she was great!!!
I would not ask the hotel to call a taxi as the meter starts to run once they call, nobody mentioned this to us.....cheaper to get a taxi from outside....prob saves a min. of 5 euros.
All in all we had a great time and the hotel was good for us because of the amazing location, 10-15 min walk to most of the sites you would want to see. I gave it 3 stars because they didn't do anything extra for my wife even though i emailed a week in advance and because of the layout of the room was not ideal, and the 1hr.15 min waiting for a room. 5 stars for the lady concierge....she made our stay!!!:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming Intimate 6-story Hotel dating from the 19th century with carefully matched Venitian-style interiors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Castille Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Castille Paris Hotel Paris
- Starhotels Castille Hotel Paris
- Paris Starhotels Castille Hotel
- Castille Hotel Paris