“Great Location in the heart of Paris” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Castille Paris

You added Castille Paris to your Saves list
Castille Paris
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33/37 Rue Cambon, 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Palais-Royal)   |
Ranked #375 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great Location in the heart of Paris”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

So my wife and I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. The hotel is in a great location (next to Chanel) which my wife loved!!. The hotel is clean and tidy and the room size was not big but not small either, it was fine for a 3 night stay. This hotel however is not a 5 star but more of a 4 star. We arrived in the hotel at 12 o'clock. We did not receive our room until 1.15 so i was annoyed especially as we went out for 40 mins to kill time and then ended up waiting some more. Now also i emailed them to ask if they could do something extra for us a week before as it was my wife's birthday (another reviewer mentioned they received a room upgrade. We defn. did not and the check in staff did not mention anything. We didn't feel any extra was done except for the norm. The staff were always pleasant and we had no issues.

The room was nice but didn't like the fact that the toilet was on one side without a basin to wash your hands and the bathroom was on the other side. Beds were comfy. Another issue we found is that every time another room had a shower in the morning we heard so much water noise so sleeping in was difficult. The TV was very average with very very few English speaking channels but this was not a major issue.

I have to say that the lady at concierge who we always spoke to in the evenings for dinner was just amazing and very helpful...if it was a review on her she would get 6 stars as you sent us to some wonderful restaurants that we cannot stop raving about. I didn't get her name but she was great!!!

I would not ask the hotel to call a taxi as the meter starts to run once they call, nobody mentioned this to us.....cheaper to get a taxi from outside....prob saves a min. of 5 euros.

All in all we had a great time and the hotel was good for us because of the amazing location, 10-15 min walk to most of the sites you would want to see. I gave it 3 stars because they didn't do anything extra for my wife even though i emailed a week in advance and because of the layout of the room was not ideal, and the 1hr.15 min waiting for a room. 5 stars for the lady concierge....she made our stay!!!:)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Erwan S, Deputy General Manager at Castille Paris, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear AkP47,

After reading your comment you posted on TripAdvisor, it will be difficult to me to express by writing how frustrated and distressed I feel about the experience you had with us during your stay. It is so far away from the usual guest service we are proud to provide to our international guests. But it seems that this time we have been unable to answer to your needs but based on your comments, I have already taken all measures with my team to make sure that these discrepancies in service will not happen again, especially.

With my personal apologies,

Erwan Sarre - Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Finnish first
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I have stayed at this property two times over the past 5 years. The first time I was in and out in one weekend. Nothing much to report. The stay was fine. I recently stayed with them at Castille last week for three days. Way too many mistakes were made during my stay.

Room- although nicely appointed if not small(I did not have the smallest room category) had the view of scaffolding and tarps. This made the room very dark. The bathroom had multiple chipping paint areas. Unacceptable for over $600 a night.

Service-Confused(brought wrong adapters several times, missed food and drinks on room service tray) and slow especially at front desk, check-in and restaurants. However, I did get sick and had to have a Doctor come to my room. Patrick at concierge took amazing care of me.

***Beware of the $42 dollar breakfast. We were told at checkin that we all had breakfast included. I ate a croissant and had a coffee each day. Later received a bill with a charge a day for breakfast. Wrote several emails and they refused to take off charges.

Overall, I never will again. There are so many other great hotels in Paris in that price level. Hotel Vendome, Hotel La Pavillion de la Reine are all amazing choices. I look at this hotel as more of a 4 star hotel that if not in the location it occupies would run you around $350 US a night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear mlb35,

I sincerely apologize if we have not been able to meet your expectations and I am very sorry to read your disappointment about your stay.
Please be ensured that our staff is always very committed to our Guest's needs and that every member strives to provide our Customer with the best care and attention.
It is usually what our clients are complimenting about the most.
I would like to thank you for sharing your comments. Feed-backs (positive or negative) are the only way for us to improve and to increase our service level.
My only regret is not to be aware of the situation while you were at the hotel, as I could have been able to bring you all the assistance you needed and avoid this way your actual disappointment.
With my personal apologies,

Erwan Sarre
Deputy General Manager
West Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Great hotel, very centrally located with easy access to the Metro, very good hotel Service, friendly and helpful staff, room was a nice size ( some of the Parisian hotel rooms require you to step outside to change your mind there so small!) but this was a good size room and was furnished very elegantly, all in all a fantastic find and would absolutely recommend

• Stayed February 2014
Erwan S, Deputy General Manager at Castille Paris, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Micex2,

I would like to thank you for this detailed report about your stay at the Castille Paris. I am very glad to read your comments and what are the reasons why you do prefer our property to an other one. I am fully convinced that this kind of testimony will be very helpful for our future visitors.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife stayed here in December. The staff where amazing. Very welcoming and helpful. My wife's birthday so they kindly upgraded her to a suite. She was so happy with this hotel and can not stop raving about it. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: Get the largest room you can afford to have some space. If you have a special occasion tell them.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Erwan S, Deputy General Manager at Castille Paris, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Joe F,

Thank you thousands times for the nice comment posted on TripAdvisor. My team and I are very happy to have helped to make this special trip even more special. Anyway, we had no right to fail in this kind of occasion !
We look forward of welcoming you to celebrate your 1st wedding anniversary,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This hotel is in the most fantastic location and we got a great deal for two interconnecting rooms. The rooms are modern and clean (maybe a repaint of the ceiling in the bathroom would be nice) and the room amenities are great. The reception area is stylish, the breakfast are fresh and a great selection. The staff are generally very helpful and the manager is very attentive. The location is the best feature for an area of expensive hotels, this is next door to Chanel, a short hop from Rue St Honore and a great place to enjoy all the sites of Paris for no more than a €7 cab ride. I can't fault it!

Room Tip: Interconnecting rooms are actually two distinct rooms with a third door to create an entrance lobby.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Erwan S, Deputy General Manager at Castille Paris, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear CAES12,

Thank you so much for your nice comment posted on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read that either the location of the hotel or the kindness of the team made your stay even better than expected.

And, by the way, I do share with you your opinion about interconnecting roomq. They are perfect for families of 3 or 4.

I look forward of welcoming you again at the Castille Paris.

Best regards.

Oceanside, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Wonderful service ( concierge, front desk, restaurant staff,) accommodations were perfect for the 3 of us, very clean and updated hotel room, delicious and plentiful breakfast, friendly and very helpful staff, great location. We would certainly stay at the Castille again.

Room Tip: Dulplex suite was very comfortable for three.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Erwan S, Deputy General Manager at Castille Paris, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Leslie R,

And, by the way, I do share with you your opinion about our Duplex Suite. They are very convenient for three person staying together.

I look forward of welcoming you again at the Castille Paris.

Best regards.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

The renovation of the front facade did not give us a great first impression. Communal entrance area gives mixed signals, elegant bar and restaurant but cheaply refurbished reception and other front areas gave the impression this hotel is in transition. Rooms are very basic, hotel ticking of requirements for 5 star hotel as cheaply as possible. Best thing about this hotel is location.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear BGilbert1983,

After reading your comment you posted on TripAdvisor, it will be difficult to me to express by writing how frustrated and distressed I feel about the bad experience you had with us during your stay.

Please trust that Starhotels is a company that does invest a lot in their properties and since the Castille Paris has been bought some renovation has been undertaken every year. Some more renovation work has been planned for this year.

Be ensured that we aspire to certain essential priorities, among many, such as courteous staff aimed at customer satisfaction and impeccable service. I truly apologize if these aspects were not entirely achieved and we will definitely work towards improving them as much as we can.

Once again I do apologize for the trouble caused and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again at Starhotels Castille Paris in the very near future.

I stay at your entire disposal would you need my assistance further.

Kindest Regards,

Erwan Sarre - Deputy General Manager

Been to Castille Paris? Share your experiences!