“Great location & service from an excellent staff” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Montalembert
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Rue de Montalembert | 7th Arr., 75007 Paris, France   |
Ranked #405 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Paris
“Great location & service from an excellent staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Enjoy staying in this area of Paris, so close to the Seine, museums , d'Orsay, and Louvre and our favorite restaurants and shops! Within walking distance or short cab ride to the Arch de Triumphe, Eiffel Towel & Rodin museum. Rooms tiny even by Paris standards. Bedding was average at best.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Myriam K, Directeur général at Hotel Montalembert, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Thomas S,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel. The Montalembert is central and in a charming and quite area of Paris at the same time.
Hotel rooms are usually not that large in Paris and the Montalembert does meet this " Parisian standard". Our 3 different room types offer however some alternatives to our guests, based on their lenght of stay, expectations and preferences. Our Junior Suites, Suites and our Suite by Christian Liaigre, are well appreciated by the guests who are looking for some more space and comfort.

We hope to see you again soon at the Montalembert and wish you a happy holiday.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I spent 6 months in Paris on the Rue de Seine many years ago and would walk by this hotel with curiosity because it looked so lovely. This trip I decided to try it and could not have been more pleased. First let me say that I am partial to this neighborhood. The fact that it is quiet yet central to so many wonderful shops and museums is the biggest appeal. I drool just walking by the MOST beautiful art, design, and antique shops and the cafés and patisseries and restaurants are all top. What else do you want from this civilized city?! Hip and young and lively it is not. Go to the Marais for that. Elegant and timeless yet hip is The Montalembert!

Room Tip: They had a very good rate for a superior room and I was quite pleased with the size and amenities.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Myriam K, Directeur général at Hotel Montalembert, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Stefani P,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for recommending our property.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon to the Montalembert.

Wishing you Happy Holidays,
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

the hotel is situated in the centre and close to many shops and sights, which makes your life as a tourist easier. we had a standard room which was small, but I guess from what I saw in Paris that most of them are small and you have to book a suite to be comfortable (imagine there are flats to rent of 9 sqm!! unbelievable). the breakfast is ok, the rooms are clean and the stuff very friendly. Highlight: Mr. Benjamin at the reception. He will guide you to the best restaurants and clubs (if you are interested in real parisian night life), he will arrange everything and you will have a great time! Ask for his help when you get there and you will not regret it!!

Room Tip: watch for the size of the room, I did not pay attention and the room was small, but it is clean and...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Dimitris7,

We would like to thank you for your kind comments that we shared with our team and with Benjamin, our Concierge "Clefs d'Or".

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Montalembert.

Best Regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

If you are fond of staying in St. Germain than you should stay at Hotel Montalembert...period! I've stayed at a artery of hotels and have also rented apartments. While in Paris for a a few days I finally chose Hotel Montalembert--a property I've had my eye on for a couple of years. I could not have been more pleased with my decision.  The staff was completely lovely. Professional, yet warm, cheerful and exceedingly helpful. The room was large by Paris standards and the bath was generously sized and beautifully appointed. I reject other recent reviews that found the hotel in a state of deterioration. It was immaculate and could not have been more comfortable. From the queen size bed to the room ammenities, it exceeded my expectations. The restaurant and bar off the lobby offer a welcome respite with a lovely fireplace and an attentive staff ready at your service. The wi-fi service was perfect--never weak. The location of the property is ideal. An easy walk to the Musee D'Orsay and the Louvre. Every shop imaginable is within a short walk out the front door. I truly look forward to returning early and often and am confident that my next stay will be as completely perfect as my first. Merci beau coup to all the staff and I hope to see you soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Mamaroneck, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband travels alone and fairly regularly to Paris on business and has stayed at the Montalembert several times. On a previous trip, his flight was cancelled due to snow in Paris and, upon missing his first night, the hotel extended a one night one year credit for the first night value of 295 euro. That seemed like a decent and smart business decision by the hotel to keep a customer coming back. On a recent trip together, we had a business rate with colleagues to stay at Le Meurice and did so for the first four nights of our trip. However, we made the mistake of deciding to use the credit at Montalembert for the fifth and last night. This reservation was made by my husband's assistant, who claims the hotel did not tell her that the credit value was lesser than the room they booked us into - which was billed to us as 10 euro MORE then the business rate we had a Le Meurice! This might have been OK, if they had given us a decent room that reflected the additional expense, instead, they stuck us in the smallest room on the floor (I guess they figured we were a credit and one not stay so it wouldn't matter!) which felt like and, after Le Meurice, was decorated like a two star....I looked up the rates people were paying at this hotel and just have to say if our little hole was equal to a basic room at Le Meurice, then this hotel ISN"T WORTH IT!! The whole contemporary boutique style is scuffed and dated, worn and sad. This is NOT a five star as they claim. My husband made it clear upon check out that he will not be going back after this treatment.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We want to thank the exceptional staff for making our romantic honeymoon stay in Paris a most memorable, wonderful and first class experience at Hotel Montalembert !!! (Oct 13 – 17, 2013.) From the moment we arrived, the personalized warm welcome, the charming lobby, the gorgeous spiral staircase, the very pretty room with a beautiful marble bathroom and a bottle of champagne along with the outstanding concierge service made our stay outstanding!!

The staff’s attention to detail was amazing. When I came down to breakfast the first day, I had asked if they had any USA Today newspapers, which they didn’t because there was no delivery on a Sunday. The next morning at our door was the Wall Street Journal (which my husband had requested) and the USA Today. Your staff’s knowledge of restaurants was so helpful, especially when we were undecided as to which 3 star restaurant we should go to. The front desk helped us with the right decision - Pre Catelan!! This is what a 5 Star hotel is all about – attention to the little details!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aside from Montalembert’s fantastic location, it’s also beautifully decorated Christian Liaigre - “old world charm meets contemporary cosmopolitan” , little touches such as L'Occitane products, the choice of a HEALTHY continental breakfast, little surprises in the room such as a boxed HM purse holder - loved it !! (great to have – so your purse ends up hanging on the table not on the floor) but most important of all was the fantastic personalized service and remarkable staff!!

I am a Virtuoso Travel Agent, who has stayed in numerous hotels all over the world - Hotel Montalembert is one of my favorites!! I would highly recommend the Hotel Montalembert to all my clients!!

My husband and I will be back in Paris and we will be staying at the Hotel Montalembert – our home away from home!! We can’t wait to come back!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night as part of a business trip. I very much
liked the design of the property and the quirky elevator, which must be the smallest hotel elevator - literally accommodating only one person at a time. I had a room on the 7th floor - it was small, but had everything you need. Although tiny, I really liked the marbled bathroom, giving the room a bit of Parisian chic.

I ordered room service which was a bit average, but delivered quickly. Breakfast was good and a nice area to start the day. The staff were all friendly and really helpful getting me taxis or assisting me with directions etc.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Myriam K, Directeur général at Hotel Montalembert, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Chris O.
I wanted to thank you for your comments. We hope we'll have the pleasure to welcoming you back soon to the Montalembert.
Best regards,

Been to Hotel Montalembert? Share your experiences!