“Hotel Montalembert” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #364 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Benfleet
“Hotel Montalembert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The hotel is well situated for the Left Bank area where we like to be when in Paris. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was not ready but we had an upgrade which was acceptable. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Myriam K, Directeur général at Hotel Montalembert, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Andrew,
Thank you for choosing the Hôtel Montalembert and for taking some time to write a review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend our hotel. We are sorry you were not able to access your room right away and hope it was not too much of an inconvenience. This is, I'm afraid, rather typical during high activity periods such as the time of your stay.

We hope having the pleasure of having you amongst our guests very soon.

Kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Montelembert for two nights in late December. The service was one of the most friendly I have ever experienced. We have stayed at many well known 5 star establishment but the staff this boutique establishment go well beyond expectation. We were upgraded and since it was my birthday we arrived back in our suite to find a birthday cake and a bottle of champagne in our room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Myriam K, Directeur général at Hotel Montalembert, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Roger,
Many thanks for your review. It is delightful to read how much you enjoyed your experience at the Hôtel Montalembert, and all the staff was thrilled welcoming you and making your stay special. I will send them your good words.

We hope having the pleasure of welcoming you once more at the Hôtel Montalembert very soon.

Kind regards
the med
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

48 busy hours in Paris where made very easy by this well located hotel with very pleasant staff. The location is great, the surrounding area great for 'mooching' around (and eating) . My only query is that in UK or USA this wouldn't be 5 stars, the rooms are small & just a little 'tired' looking in places. there are also no movies or tea/coffee making facilities, That being said, it's still very nice, the style of our room was modern & simple, the bed large & comfy. The lobby & exterior where very attractive. A couple of times I wished for better lighting in the bedroom but the bathroom was excellently lit. We where given an room upgrade as it was my birthday.

Dear sallyw13,
Thank you for choosing Hôtel Montalembert for your past visit in Paris. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the property and the service. I can see your were quite disappointed by the size of your room. Please be informed our hotel offers upon availability a selection of various room types from 15sqm for our Standards to 40sqm for our Suites. I am also pleased to confirm you we are currently in a process of refreshing all the rooms of our hotel. This maintenance is made every year around the same period during our low season in order to keep our standards of performance and elegance.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you once more very soon at the Hôtel Montalembert.

Ghent, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

a small room, a bath room without ventilation, poor accoustic isolation do not fit with a five star classification in a asuperior room...
breakfast was good and luckyly all the employees were very kind and helpfull.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Yann C, Reservation Manager at Hotel Montalembert, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your past stay in Paris and also for taking your time to share your comments about our hotel and your recent stay with us.

I took note you highlighted some inconvenients such as the size of your room (Superior room which represents our 2nd room category of 18m2) and also the accoustic isolation.

Concerning the room size, the scale is clearly mentionned on the several websites we are represented. Nevertheless I can understand our first categories (Standard and Superior rooms) can seem a little bit too small but it is a general situation for 99% of the hotels located on the Left Bank which are always smaller than the ones of the Right Bank due to space discrepancy between these 2 parts of the city.
I am pleased to inform you our hotel offers depending on availability of course a total of 5 rooms types from Stnadard rooms (15m2) to Suites (40m2) that allows our guests to select a more spacious room if they want.

Concerning the accoustic issue you mention, I presume you focus your claim on the internal noise that might occur within the hotel as the external noise from the traffic is entirely avoided thank to our soundproof windows.
I apologize for the noise inconvenient during your stay and I would be pleased to discuss further elements of this part with you if you agree in order to isolate the reasons of this disturbance and to update your preferences in term of room assignment.

Despite your disappointment made from the mentionned issues, I hope we will be able to welcome you for an upcoming visit in Paris and make your stay more pleasant and that you would give us the opportunity to show you that we are definitely a 5 star hotel.

Kind Regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Having had to check out of the pont royal due to the appalling service rude and abnxious staff that seems to be common complaint clearly ignored by the general manager it was a pleasure to come back here having stayed years ago the friendliness helpfulness and kindness of the staff could not be more different from the pont royal even on checking in a bottle of champagne was sent to our room as it was my birthday they couldn't have done more to make our stay comfortable and helped recover from our disgraceful treatment receved next door stay here different claSs

• Stayed December 2012
Myriam K, Directeur général at Hotel Montalembert, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear greenygreeny,
Thank you very much for leaving a review about your experience at the Hotel Montalembert.
We are thrilled to read you had a pleasant stay and that we managed to make you feel confortable and at ease while in Paris.
We hope having the pleasure of welcoming you once more very soon.
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Wow, this hotel was just what we wanted- it was typically Parisian and so luxurious! Great central location, a few minutes walk away from the Louvre and situated near a fantastic boulangerie that sells amazing sandwiches. The service was brilliant and all the staff were very helpful. The rooms were a little small compared to others I have stayed in, but this is Paris and they were decorated perfectly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It really is a super place to stay, especially if it your first time in Paris and if you want a very chic hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Hannah,
Many thanks for your review.
We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Montalembert. I will send your good words to the staff.
We hope having the pleasure of welcoming you once more very soon.
Best regards.
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I've stayed at the Montalembert 5 times now and have decided to continue staying there for all my future visits to Paris. The physical building is really not spectacular--still beautiful for the most part, but nothing grand; the main "birdcage" elevator is out-of-service more often than it's in and the postage stamp elevator to its right can be funky. But rooms are clean and cheerful (I like the contemporary rooms more than the so-called classic rooms) and the public spaces are very comfortable and a great place for a cocktail and conversation if one chooses. The absolute best feature of the Montalembert, however, is the staff! Where did they find so many professional, helpful, patient, and overall fabulous people? Whoever does the hiring there should be commended for their good taste and people skills. [Note: Room 66 is available anytime that I'm not in Paris--if I'm in town, though, it's mine!]

Room Tip: Room 66 has a view of the Eiffel Tower and a small terrace to see it from.