“Stay here not at the pont royal” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Montalembert
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Rue de Montalembert | 7th Arr., 75007 Paris, France   |
Ranked #335 of 1,796 hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Stay here not at the pont royal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Having had to check out of the pont royal due to the appalling service rude and abnxious staff that seems to be common complaint clearly ignored by the general manager it was a pleasure to come back here having stayed years ago the friendliness helpfulness and kindness of the staff could not be more different from the pont royal even on checking in a bottle of champagne was sent to our room as it was my birthday they couldn't have done more to make our stay comfortable and helped recover from our disgraceful treatment receved next door stay here different claSs

• Stayed December 2012
Myriam K, Directeur général at Hotel Montalembert, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear greenygreeny,
Thank you very much for leaving a review about your experience at the Hotel Montalembert.
We are thrilled to read you had a pleasant stay and that we managed to make you feel confortable and at ease while in Paris.
We hope having the pleasure of welcoming you once more very soon.

334 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Wow, this hotel was just what we wanted- it was typically Parisian and so luxurious! Great central location, a few minutes walk away from the Louvre and situated near a fantastic boulangerie that sells amazing sandwiches. The service was brilliant and all the staff were very helpful. The rooms were a little small compared to others I have stayed in, but this is Paris and they were decorated perfectly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It really is a super place to stay, especially if it your first time in Paris and if you want a very chic hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Hannah,
Many thanks for your review.
We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Montalembert. I will send your good words to the staff.
We hope having the pleasure of welcoming you once more very soon.
Best regards.
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I've stayed at the Montalembert 5 times now and have decided to continue staying there for all my future visits to Paris. The physical building is really not spectacular--still beautiful for the most part, but nothing grand; the main "birdcage" elevator is out-of-service more often than it's in and the postage stamp elevator to its right can be funky. But rooms are clean and cheerful (I like the contemporary rooms more than the so-called classic rooms) and the public spaces are very comfortable and a great place for a cocktail and conversation if one chooses. The absolute best feature of the Montalembert, however, is the staff! Where did they find so many professional, helpful, patient, and overall fabulous people? Whoever does the hiring there should be commended for their good taste and people skills. [Note: Room 66 is available anytime that I'm not in Paris--if I'm in town, though, it's mine!]

Room Tip: Room 66 has a view of the Eiffel Tower and a small terrace to see it from.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Myriam K, Directeur général at Hotel Montalembert, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear bozzart,
Thank you for leaving a review about your stay. It is a pleasure for us to read you enjoyed your experience at the Montalembert. I will send your compliments to the staff. I am sorry about the elevator problems you had while you were here, I will make sure this does not happen again.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you once more at the Hotel Montalembert very soon.
santa barbara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We just spent a few days at the Hotel Montalembert and had an excellent stay. We were upgraded to a deluxe room from a superior room for our wedding anniversary. A very nice gesture! When we arrived (earlier than check in time) the hotel offered us coffee and tea while we waited. We were shown to our room which was nice but I realized that it was the 'classic' style room and we were expecting the 'contemporary' room. I spoke to the front desk manager, Pascal and he understood and found a contemporary room for us which had modern furnishings. Pascal's service and demeanor were excellent. He personally helped in making sure we got into the room ok and personally transferred our champagne bottle which the hotel had offered us for our wedding anniversary. The entire staff from the rest of the front desk people to the door men provided excellent service. If you are looking for a boutique hotel in an excellent location (heart of St. Germain where there are so many restaurants and cafes) then Hotel Montalembert is an excellent choice. And it's right next door to an excellent restaurant too, L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Myriam K, Directeur général at Hotel Montalembert, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear midavi,
Thank you very much for leaving a review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay at the Hotel Montalembert. It is was a pleasure welcoming you, and all the staff is very happy to have made sure your wedding anniversary. I will send your good words to Pascal at the front desk, as well as the rest of the staff.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you once more very soon at the Hotel Montalembert !
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I write this review from an informed position. We have been to Paris 8 times and we will be back again, thanks partly to the Montalembert Hotel. We have stayed in various parts of Paris from the left bank to La Defence to Charles de Gaulle Airport. We appreciate good, clean accommodation, a nice area to stay in and an area that is not only accessable but also pleasant to take a stroll around. We found all of this here. We paid a bit more for this trip but felt it was worth the extra. I would agree that the rooms are small, even although Paris is not known for large rooms these are particularly small. If you can see past this then you will have an amazing time, we did! The breakfast was adequate although I would prefer fresh fruit along with the amazing fresh orange juice for a 5* hotel and would also greatly appreciate expresso available more frequently than just for breakfast! An expresso to go would have been greatly appreciated!! All that said I loved the service provided from the door man to the reception staff, to the cleaners to the waiters/waittresses, I could not fault anyone and everyone seemed to show an interest in what we had experienced that day. I loved the extras of water, l'occitane toiletries and servicing the rooms in the evening as well as the morning. I also loved the personald touch of a letter addressed to my husband & I on arrival. We should never forget the personald touches & how important they are. My husband & I have never experienced this at any other hotel in Paris & we had an amazing room at the Renaissance in La Defence. What I loved was the little gift of chocolate cake pieces on our last night that awaited us in our room when we came back from dinner. Perhaps others don't feedback on the attention to detail but we do. I would come back to this hotel again as the service was impeccable, Hotels like this don't happen by accident they happen because the people in charge take charge. Credit where it is due and I don't understand why others complain about the people that stay there. We love the fact that we get to meet people from different countries. Paris is all about the ambience, and the way people make you feel welcome but it is also about the experience. I would highly recommmend this hotel if you are not on a budget. Memories we made this year are priceless, we used our wealth of experience and I am happy to say it paid off. If you want to visit all the best places in Paris and have a fabulous time then don't hesitate to book The Montalembert Hotel. We would book it again but would also appreciate some little extras like expresso to go in the morning. Would be nice if they could take on board our feedback. The safe int he room is a great idea but it appeared this was not locked into the wall and could have been removed so not really the most secure option. Loved the fridge but the price of the bar was a bit over the top. That said there was a Monprix right outside the hotel so it was a no brainer if you needed something at a reasonable price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Myriam K, Directeur général at Hotel Montalembert, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Maureen,
Your review was a delight to read. I sent it to managers of the staff so that they could congratulate their teams by showing them your good words. We are thrilled to read your stay at the Hotel Montalembert. It always is a pleasure to welcome our guests with all the attention you have seen, but it is even more rewarding to know it has been that much appreciated. Regarding the safe in the room you stayed in, I asked the housekeeping departement about it and it seems that their was a problem with it, it is being fixed right now.
We also would like to thank you for you suggestions about the coffee, we will make sure it can be served on request.
We hope having the pleasure of welcoming you once more at the Hotel Montalembert very soon !
Kind regards,
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great location, very central. Service was excellent (Sophie the concierge especially). The best part was that the service was consistently good throughout our stay with every staff member professional and pleasant, a consistency that is difficult to find in Paris. Rooms are on the small side (as you'd expect in Paris) but the interiors and furnishings were excellent. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Myriam K, Directeur général at Hotel Montalembert, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear hereunbody, thank you very much for leaving a review. We are thrilled to read you had a pleasant stay at our Hotel and that you appreciated our staff. I will send your good words to the different teams, and especially Sophie.
We hope having the pleasure of welcoming you one more at the Montalembert very soon !
Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

As mentioned by someone previously the street in front of this hotel is under construction but it didn't make much difference. The location is very central, close to the Musee d'Orsay, St. Germain des Pres, and the Louvre. It is a design and antique neighborhood but we were still able to find local brasseries and restaurants.
Our room and bathroom were small, but I understand many of the rooms are. The elevator was great for hauling our suitcases up to the 5th floor but I avoided it whenever I had the energy to walk up. Not good for anyone with claustrophobia.
The staff were very cordial and helpful, at the front desk, at the bar, and in the restaurant.
We kept our windows open at!night and were treated to a man practicing his scales and a choir practicing for something. An added bonus!
We spent 5 nights here recently and would consider staying here again, but would probably try out another neighborhood.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Carolyn,
Many thanks for this review. We are very pleased to know you had a nice stay at the Montalembert and I will send your compliments to the staff.
I am sorry about the size of our elevators, I hope it was not too much of a problem. As you have seen, all the hotel is rather small, and even if we would love turning some of it bigger there is nothing much we can do... Let's call this Parisian Charm !
I hope having the pleasure of welcoming you once more at the Montalembert very soon.
Best regards.

Been to Hotel Montalembert? Share your experiences!