“Staying in style!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meurice

You added Le Meurice to your Saves list
Le Meurice
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   228 rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Palais-Royal)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #64 of 1,786 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Limassol, Cyprus
“Staying in style!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel has the perfect location in Paris!! From our room we could overlook the Tuileries and also is very central!! Only few steps from muse d'Orsay! The staff is extremely efficient and the my have the best addressees for Paris from restaurants to everything you wish!! A very historical and elegant in style in Paris!! Once you visit Paris, don't skip it!!!

Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

le meurice in paris needs no introduction to the well heeled traveller. the hotel transports you to paris with its old world charm and great views from the rooms of the city mainly river seine and grand palais. expect service to be uppity not too warm as i guess it was fashion season. would have loved some modern twitches in this iconic hotel landmark

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
new york city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Staying at Le Meurice was purely magical. From the moment you step into the hotel, the staff welcomes you and makes you feel totally at home. I was so impressed by the kindness, elegance and impeccable service offered by each of the team members. I have traveled in many places and have not seen professionalism like this. The attention to detail is unmatched.

The hotel is architecturally magnificent - the perfect mix of Old and New worlds. You really feel like you are walking through history as you roam the hotel. The live music in the lobby and bar area in the evening is a lovely touch.

We had a beautiful suite with a living room, fireplace, and huge windows that opened up to face the Jardin des Tuileries. It was the best to come back to after a long day and just fall into the wonderfully comfortable bed.

We ate a number of meals at the hotel, including breakfast, room service and drinks at the bar. I ordered a salad and freshly baked bread from room service that was seemingly so simple, but so perfectly executed that I am still thinking about it.

I celebrated a big birthday while in Paris and at Le Meurice and I truly could not have asked for a better or more memorable trip.
I smile every time I remember it.

This is THE place to stay while in Paris. I am so looking forward to going back!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Le Meurice is one of the eight French palaces in Paris and this is a very well deserved title.
In fact, after many business trips in Paris in many different hotels, I can say with confidence that Le Meurice is the best hotel in Paris. I even think this is the best hotel in the world.
The location is amazing. Le Jardin des Tuileries on the other side of the street is a haven of peace in the very center of Paris.
The staff is lovely, helpful and very efficient.
The rooms are extremely nicely decorated and you could not dream of better beds.
The bar allows for a relaxing evening with live music. The breakfast is a must have: exquisite food in the most magnificent room I have ever seen in Paris.
I have already spent many nights in this hotel and I wish I will spend many more.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was our first trip to Paris and I wanted to stay somewhere romantic with my wife of 34 years. There was absolutely no problem using the voucher from AMOMA and it saved me about $800 per night over other booking options. In fact, we were upgraded to a deluxe room. The bedroom was large and the bathroom was huge. The bathroom and bedroom both had large working windows that opened onto an interior courtyard. There was no street noise. The breakfast that came with the room was the best I've ever had. The concierge was extremely helpful. The bar was cozy with a piano player singing great songs. This hotel is exactly what you think of when you think of old school Paris. Elegant, formal, not stuffy. The location was close to the museums, but stepping outside the hotel was a different world, full of tourists and cars. The neighborhood around Plaza Athenee is much better for walking around. I've stayed at many of the world's best hotels and this is one. Le Meurice is a great romantic hotel!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com

LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful review further to your recent stay at Le Meurice.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel atmosphere, the peaceful inner courtyard in addition to the breakfast and helpful advices of our concierge team.
Le Meurice is indeed the perfect place for any celebration and particularly for a romantic stay in the City of Love.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in your new Parisian home!

Franka Holtmann
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were there for the second time two weeks ago. This time we got a room on the top floor overlooking Les Tuileries. It has one of the best views in all of Paris. The room was good-sized, elegantly furnished and really quiet. The location is perfect. It is actually a short walk to Musee d'Orsay which is right across the Seine over a very conveniently located bridge.

The service is extraordinary. Friendly and courteous.

We were looking for some new restaurants in Paris, and the concierge booked us at Spring and Hexagon,, both fantastic. The Hexagon choice was particularly good because the restaurant had recently opened, Actually we had our best meal in Paris after Epicure, so we really appreciated the recommendation.

It is nice to come back to the hotel after dinner to have drinks at the piano bar. Really good musicians, and let's face there are so few of these left anywhere in the world.

We took advantage of the off-season rate, so with the surging dollar, the bill was not a shock.

Room Tip: Rooms on a high floor facing the park are best
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

It is such a pleasure to read your wonderful comments further to your recent stay at Le Meurice.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed so much your room overlooking the Tuileries Garden and the very convenient location of the hotel.
I am also very happy that you enjoyed the recommendations of the concierge team and appreciated the jazzy atmosphere of the Bar 228 for after dinner drinks.

Please be assured that I shared your positive feedback with all the teams as this is so rewarding to them.

You will always be more than welcome to your Parisian home!

Franka Holtmann
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed recently for two nights admittedly in the lower priced room which was still very expensive at more than Euro900 per night. The room was on the first floor and looked out onto a grotty courtyard with some fake turf on the floor of it. It was furnished ok and was a nice size - but no pictures or paintings or anything to give it any character. As it was on the first floor there was hardly any natural light at all during the day which made it all a bit sad. The bed was nice. The common parts downstairs etc were nice and the staff were fine. The fitness room was tiny and had too little equipment in it to be of much use to anyone. The bar was nice when they played live piano and double bass jazz. But the drinks were so ridiculously expensive that we couldn't afford to have more than one. I guess it was just the wrong choice for our budget really, but I do think that to charge that amount of money for a room like that was not really appropriate. We wont be returning - it's a lesson well learned.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing the Hotel Le Meurice for your stay in Paris. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

I am so sorry to read that you were disappointed by the room, and that cocktails at the Bar 228 were far too expensive for you. I can perfectly understand your comments and be assured that I have taken them very seriously.

Please allow me to extend my most sincere apologies with regard to your experience, and I truly regret this has caused a bad impression of the hotel.

Should you be willing to give us a second chance to welcome you back to Le Meurice, and to make you experience a memorable moment with us, I would truly appreciate to look personally after it.

Franka Holtmann,

Been to Le Meurice? Share your experiences!