“An amazing place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meurice

You added Le Meurice to your Saves list
Le Meurice
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   228 rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Palais-Royal)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #52 of 1,792 Hotels in Paris
Adelaide, Australia
“An amazing place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I recently spent a couple of nights in an Executive Suite at the Le Meurice and it was easily one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed in. The service was flawless and the room was stunning. It was my first trip to Paris and I was so excited to have my first ever view of the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre from the balcony of this amazing room.
Every part of staying in this hotel was perfect - the location, the view, the room, the spa and the service. And athough I did not eat in the restaurant, the room service breakfast was the best breakfast I have ever had! I was extremely impressed by my stay at Le Meurice and hope that one day I am fortunate enough to stay again.

Room Tip: Any room on the hotel front has an amazing view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Megz528,

Thank you for taking the time leaving such a wonderful review. I am glad that you enjoyed every single feature of our hotel, may it be the Spa, the magnificent view from your room, the breakfast and the quality of our service.

We hope to welcome you again in our establishment the next time you come to Paris,

Johan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Remember your visions of the gilded age in Paris, turn of the century when no one could conceive of WWI? Or remember when you found out you were going to Paris the first time, perhaps with that someone special or on a girl's shopping trip, and you thought oh what shall I wear? Well you can recapture those old glory days, just unpack that fun cocktail dress you were hoping to wear, shake out his jacket, and find your way through the unassuming doors of the Le Meurice. You won't be disappointed.

On weekends, Le Bar 228 is lovely for pre or post dinner drink. Dark wood interior, deep leather chairs, strategically placed for optimal vantage points of the room. The live piano and base add their charm, and they take special song request, think those great old standards, although my special request was Frankie Valli.

A special mention to Salim Kessab, who went beyond the call of duty in giving us a lovely tour of of the hotel event rooms, truly breathtaking, and making excellent suggestions for where we should go later in the evening.

Gents looking to propose in Paris at a at dinner and then retreat to your inner sanctuary in the hotel? This should be a top spot to consider.

Girls on a Paris art and fashion trip, you can't go wrong with starting your evening here with a champagne cocktail. We liked it so much we went twice to Le Bar 228.

Dine in Dali, the more relaxed little sister to the Formidable Le Meurice by Alain Ducasse. It will still cost a pretty penny, but you will never forget it. If it's still on the menu, order the mushroom appetizer and have the Peach dessert, you won't regret it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear NYC_Jmac,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a delightful and wonderful comment on our hotel and I am am happy to know that you really enjoyed your stay and your experience of our hotel, bar and restaurant.

I will make sure to pass your kind comments to my team, and to Kalim especially.

We hope to welcome you again very soon at Le Meurice.

Kind regards, Franka Holtmann, General Manager
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

In a city that is already stunningly beautiful, Le Meurice stands out, as does its level of service. With the Metro across the street, the Louvre just a couple of blocks away, and the Tuileries Gardens to stroll through, the location is also ideal. No complaints whatsoever, simply loved everything about it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear NewYorkSunWorshipper

I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and leaving us such a great rating. I am glad that you appreciated our level of service as well as our convenient location.

I hope to welcome you again at Le Meurice very soon for your next trip to Paris.

Fredericksburg, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We were strolling down rue de Rivoli and decided to stop in for a drink, though we were not guests of the hotel. Le Bar 228 is a beautiful bar, dark wood with comfortable leather seating. We were entertained by a piano-bass duo while enjoying our drinks and fois gras canapés. The atmosphere in 228 is first class and the servers are very efficient. It was the perfect place to bask in luxury for a while on a hot July evening in Paris. At 96 euros for 3 drinks and fois gras, Le Bar 228 is not for the faint of wallet, but then, we found very little in Paris that is.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear 4gentexn,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review on our bar. I am glad that you enjoyed your entire experience at Bar 228 from the drinks, the the music, not forgetting the quality of our service.

We hope to welcome you again very soon in our establishment.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I need to get one point out of the way. The Le Meurice is a nice hotel. It is withing walking distance to alot of the things one wants to do in Paris. My room was large and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was large and really high end. There was of course a high end price that came with that so the accommodations should be exactly as they were. Here is what should not accompany that high price, Attitude. I do not like to arrive at a hotel and feel as though I am a bother to the staff when checking in. When I checked in at Le Meurice I was met by a gentleman who truly wanted to do anything other than check me in to the hotel. During the process I considered going somewhere else but trudged on. Got to the room and as I said it was good. I went down to the lobby restaurant for a late lunch and it turned out the restaurant staff would rather have done anything other than get me food. I was sitting next to a couple from the States who remarked to me on the attitude of the food service staff and told me I should just get used to it as they had experienced that treatment since their arrival. I rolled on and went through a couple of non eventful days and then I need to use the hotel laundry service. Out in the morning and back in the evening is the rule on laundry. When my laundry did not arrive by 7pm in the evening I called the desk and they said they would locate it and get it to me. The next morning I inquired at the desk about the laundry and got that Le Meurice attitude again. I swear asking for anything at this hotel, including finding my laundry you lost, is a problem. There are plenty of places to stay in Paris. I will find a different one next trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear TravellingCoroner,

I would like the personally thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, it is valuable to us as we aim for perfection.

I am happy that you enjoyed our location, décor and rooms, and I am however sorry that you could found the attitude of our staff sub-par. This is indeed unacceptable and I will make sure to speak to my staff to resolve the problem. Please be assured this is unusual and in no way reflective of our high standards.

I do hope to welcome you again in our establishment,

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Le Meurice is a very charming hotel, which immediately made me feel that I could only be in Paris. It is located near the Tuileries Garden, very convenient to metro line 1. It is also walking distance to the Lourve, the Seine, Musee D'Orsay, etc.... The only potential downside of the location was that during the summer, the rides in the Tuileries garden involve a lot of screaming children and could be heard in our room. I thought, however, that this added to the experience and really was not problem since we didn't get to bed until 0100, by which time the rides stopped running.

I loved the hotel decor, especially in the room where breakfast was served. Our hotel room had an excellent viewed of the gardens, but we could also see from the Lourve to the Eiffel tower. The room might be considered small for the price of the hotel stay, but based on the location of the hotel I was not surprised. The bathroom, however, was much larger than expected.

Service was excellent, from housekeeping to the concierge. There was often a wait to speak to the concierge ,but that was in part because they were extremely thorough in answering questions. I greatly appreciated that they had tickets to many of the major museums so that I could buy tickets from them and avoid waiting in line.

Breakfast was very good, in terms of the ambience and service although it felt very formal. The food itself was very good, but heavy on the carbohydrates. I did not use the hotel spa but did use the fitness center. Many European hotels do not seem to have large fitness centers so I was grateful to have this but it was very basic (four machines for cardio, free weights and three weight machines).

The only negative I associate with this hotel is that while the room rates are high they do not include breakfast (about 50 euros) and wifi (about 24 euros per device for 24 hours). I was disappointed that complementary wifi was not available in the public areas or in a business center. There are other fine hotels in Paris, such as the Shangri-la, which do offer free guest wifi.

Overall, this was a pleasant experience and great for a holiday. I would think twice about staying here on a business trip due to the internet issues.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Kat0425,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review on Trip Advisor. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your holiday with us and that you liked our timeless decor and found our quality of service excellent.

I am sorry that you did not find our wifi service on par with other properties and this is something I will discuss with our team.

We do hope to welcome you again soon,

La Romana, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

It is hard to explain. It is a simply perfect hotel.

The price is very high, but completely worth it.

I was there during a transit taxi strike, and they repaired my wheelchair.

If there is a heaven on earth, it is there.

The only negative thing I can say is their loaner wheelchair is from WW2, has a wobbly right front tire, like a shopping cart, and the rear wheels squeak.

Other than that, if you want to have a honeymoon in The City Of Lights, and can afford it, Le Meurice is the only place on earth to so.

Six stars.

Stayed June 2014
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear HRquadracci,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a positive comment on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to read about your positive experience with us! Thank you for praising the quality of our hotel. I have duly noted your comment about our wheelchair and we will make sure to have it replaced.

We would be happy to welcome you again soon,