“Classy hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meurice

You added Le Meurice to your Saves list
Le Meurice
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   228 rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Palais-Royal)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #52 of 1,792 Hotels in Paris
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Classy hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Le Meurice is a very charming hotel, which immediately made me feel that I could only be in Paris. It is located near the Tuileries Garden, very convenient to metro line 1. It is also walking distance to the Lourve, the Seine, Musee D'Orsay, etc.... The only potential downside of the location was that during the summer, the rides in the Tuileries garden involve a lot of screaming children and could be heard in our room. I thought, however, that this added to the experience and really was not problem since we didn't get to bed until 0100, by which time the rides stopped running.

I loved the hotel decor, especially in the room where breakfast was served. Our hotel room had an excellent viewed of the gardens, but we could also see from the Lourve to the Eiffel tower. The room might be considered small for the price of the hotel stay, but based on the location of the hotel I was not surprised. The bathroom, however, was much larger than expected.

Service was excellent, from housekeeping to the concierge. There was often a wait to speak to the concierge ,but that was in part because they were extremely thorough in answering questions. I greatly appreciated that they had tickets to many of the major museums so that I could buy tickets from them and avoid waiting in line.

Breakfast was very good, in terms of the ambience and service although it felt very formal. The food itself was very good, but heavy on the carbohydrates. I did not use the hotel spa but did use the fitness center. Many European hotels do not seem to have large fitness centers so I was grateful to have this but it was very basic (four machines for cardio, free weights and three weight machines).

The only negative I associate with this hotel is that while the room rates are high they do not include breakfast (about 50 euros) and wifi (about 24 euros per device for 24 hours). I was disappointed that complementary wifi was not available in the public areas or in a business center. There are other fine hotels in Paris, such as the Shangri-la, which do offer free guest wifi.

Overall, this was a pleasant experience and great for a holiday. I would think twice about staying here on a business trip due to the internet issues.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Kat0425,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review on Trip Advisor. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your holiday with us and that you liked our timeless decor and found our quality of service excellent.

I am sorry that you did not find our wifi service on par with other properties and this is something I will discuss with our team.

We do hope to welcome you again soon,

Franka Holtmann, General Manager, Le Meurice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
La Romana, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

It is hard to explain. It is a simply perfect hotel.

The price is very high, but completely worth it.

I was there during a transit taxi strike, and they repaired my wheelchair.

If there is a heaven on earth, it is there.

The only negative thing I can say is their loaner wheelchair is from WW2, has a wobbly right front tire, like a shopping cart, and the rear wheels squeak.

Other than that, if you want to have a honeymoon in The City Of Lights, and can afford it, Le Meurice is the only place on earth to so.

Six stars.

Stayed June 2014
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear HRquadracci,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a positive comment on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to read about your positive experience with us! Thank you for praising the quality of our hotel. I have duly noted your comment about our wheelchair and we will make sure to have it replaced.

We would be happy to welcome you again soon,

Hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My wife and I have had afternoon tea in eight different hotels including the Ritz in London but Le Meurice is the best so far. The staff were welcoming and very friendly. At no point did we feel rushed or under pressure other than to enjoy ourselves. The room in which we had the tea was beautiful and very grand, light and airy and the furniture was gorgeous.

The tea itself was served in lovely teapots and crockery. The sandwiches including smoked salmon with herring eggs and beef gravlax and were a step up from the usual formula elsewhere. The scones came with cream, jam and marmalade.

The cakes included a lemon meringue tart and a cherry tart complete with chocolate stem.

A perfect afternoon tea!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear BrennanHertfordshire,

I sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your experience about our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you loved our afternoon tea so much that you called in "The best so far!" I shall pass your kind comments along to our chef and our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you and your wife again in the future,

Texarkana, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This was our third stay with Le Meurice, but this time with our kids. We were reminded at every turn why this is our favorite hotel. The staff was there for our every need and especially welcoming to the children. We had connecting rooms that were perfect for our family of four. The rooms and bathrooms were more than large enough to give all of us the space and comfort we needed. As I've said before the location is outstanding, and was perfect for our view of the fireworks on Bastille Day. What a great trip for all of us! Thank you!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear wll70,

I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and leaving such a positive review. I am glad to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay, felt welcomed and that you had the perfect view to enjoy the Bastille Day fireworks.

We hope to welcome you again for your next stay in Paris.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

When in Paris never hesitate to book a room in this wonderful landmark hotel!!!

Also,
Across you will find Le jardin de Tuileries great to relax from a busy day ..... from work, studying, visiting or shopping or just from the busy city

They have the most WONDERFUL Service,
I had a terrible loss in the midst of a ten day stay and the Whole hotel Staff couldn't be more helpful and kinder ! They made the sorrow more bearable..... and did everything to help me cancel get to airport etc !
THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!

Stayed July 2014
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear SilviaTK,

I would like to sincerely thank you for leaving such a warm and positive review. I am glad that our team managed to make your stay more bearable and please know that my kindest thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

I will share your warm thanks with our team.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This hotel was terrible. The staff were extremely rude and unhelpful. Originally we were given a tiny room towards the back of the hotel facing another building, there was barely any room between the bed and the walls, not to mention how gloomy it was. Upon asking to switch rooms we were met with hostility and the staff were very un-acomodating - we felt this was due to our age and perhaps thought that because we are young that we wouldn't know any better. We managed to finally get a room on Rue de Rivoli with a slight view of the Eiffel Tower, although this room was better it was very dated and felt a little unclean, the decorations were ornate but very sparse. The saving grace of this hotel is the lobby designed by Philippe Starck and the breakfast dining room which was very grand. For the price this hotel is very lack luster and if you are only staying in Paris for a weekend like we were then I'd suggest somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Iamdave89,

Thank you for leaving your feedback as it is great help for us to continuously improve and we shall take your opinion into account.

After reading about your experience at Le Meurice, I would like to sincerely apologize.

Know that this is very unusual as we aim to always treat our guests with great care and respect regardless of their age. If you would like, please contact me directly so we can exchange on your experience.

I am however glad that you enjoyed our lobby and the design of our dining room.

We hope to welcome you again soon if you decide to give us a second chance the next time you come to Paris.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was my number one must do hotel for the year since it received such high ratings, and we weren't disappointed. The hotel is beautiful and the staff is extremely accommodating. We booked their summer promotion of stay two nights and get one free (which we felt like was an excellent value) and were pleasantly surprised to find out that even though we had pre paid for our room, we had been upgraded to an executive Jr. suite from a regular Jr. suite. We were also greeted upon check in by the general manager and several other staff members who came over to introduce themselves and wish us a pleasant stay.

The room was spacious and gorgeous. So elegant. It was absolutely perfect for three people and in fact it had a day bed that was the perfect size for my daughter in her own little alcove. The bathroom was large, all in white marble with great amenities. Anything you called for such as turndown service or towels you received almost immediately, the quickest I have ever had. The hotel provided excellent dining options as well.

The only drawback for us was the location. You are right on Rue de Ravoli next door to Angelina, but still sandwiched between the tourist traps and the crowds. It's hard to escape this madness and it puts you off a little bit. However, once you get inside and past all of this it's all good. The lobby decor and as you go farther into the hotel has a palace like feel but with stark modern contrasts. Almost Venetian in a way. My daughter was happy that it was right across the street from the Tuilleries and the ferris wheel. The concierges are knowledgable and able to accomplish most any request like getting us into the Ducasse restaurant at the hotel the very next night with one days notice.

Also be careful too, included in our rate was an american breakfast for two, but even if someone joins you and eats nothing (such as my child who comes in after we are finished and eats a bite of my eggs) you will still be charged an extra 58 euros even though she didn't order the American breakfast. However, the front desk was happy to remove the charge from our bill when we explained. Checkout was smooth. It was very expensive but worth it. We would definitely consider it as a top hotel option on our next visit to Paris especially if they continue the promotions!

Room Tip: Executive Junior suites are perfect for a couple and a child.