To be short:
- SERVICE was stellar at the reception and with room service. The staff was extra-obliging, addressed me by name by the end of my 3 day stay. managed to get me a last minute reservation for 6 at a very good restaurant on a Saturday night. The recommendation for lunch was also incredible and just what I wanted.
- PRICE for 1300 euros per night I got an average size room with a nice bathroom, rather surprising three small terraces with incredible views over the whole of Paris AND an unpleasant smell, that can hardly be masked by the all the room perfumes that the hotel uses. The smell just just not be there (I do not think I would come back to this hotel just because of this) - not for 1300 euros per night. Last year, for 2000 euros a night I got a suite at Georges V that was 2.5 times the size. Then again, it was not fashion week, and the location of Geores V sucks. In short - questionable value for money, bad smell, but very romantic view.
- DINING people at the restaurant should learn the word "hospitality" and realize they work in the hospitality industry. They seem to propose you the worst possible table and then you press your way up to a better one asking whether it is possible to seat at a better table, at which point they oblige. That leaves one with a bad taste in the mouth.
SUMMARY: location can't be beat, value average, concierge stellar, romantic terraces. Your choice, might go to Crillon next time.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meurice Paris
- Le Meurice Hotel Paris
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Paris, opposite the Tuileries Gardens, lies one of Dorchester Collection’s gems; Le Meurice. Le Meurice, the first Parisian Palace hotel, has presided over Rue de Rivoli since 1835. Since its creation, Le Meurice has carried a sense of the grandeur and splendor of Versailles, of Kings and Queens, Patrons and artists, enthusiasts and adventurers – and has been perfecting l’art de vivre into a fine art for 190 years.Here, the past and present meet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Le Meurice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.