“Our favorite hotel in Paris - friendly luxury” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Bristol Paris

You added Le Bristol Paris to your Saves list
Le Bristol Paris
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   112 rue du Faubourg Saint Honore | 8th Arr., 75008 Paris, France   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
“Our favorite hotel in Paris - friendly luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

This is our favorite hotel in Paris because of the standard of the hotel. The service is second to none. The ambience is very friendly, the staff is very professional and attentive, the rooms are beautiful decorated, the courtyard garden is a beautiful, lively but still peaceful place to enjoy lunch, afternoon coffee or drinks before dinner. Once you have stayed here, you want to come back (soon).

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Hotel Manager at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Jeanett E.,

Thank you for your posting in September on TripAdvisor regarding your family holiday in September. We so appreciate that you are convinced that Le Bristol needs to become your Parisian residence. So glad that you found the staff to be very professional and attentive, and the ambience very friendly. This is very important to us. Of course we too are delighted that you found the guest rooms and courtyard garden beautiful, and agreeable no matter what time period of the day.

We look forward to welcoming you back home soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

It could my home away from home...

But it is kind of sloppy. This summer @ the reception they misplaced my luggage for a couple of hours, they could not find it. It was a mess since I had a very important dinner and my wife, kids and I had to get dressed.
On many occasions I need to ask les femmes de chambre to bring amenities such as soap and extra towels. It may take a few days before they get it.
The concierges are not to friendly with the guest. When you ask them to make a reservation at the bar or a restaurant you will more efficient if you do it yourself.
At the room service, it is difficult to get a simple breakfast order delivered. I ask for a low fat yoghurt, you will get a regular yoghurt. You ask for espresso coffee you will get perculated... The sweetbread basket is quite are meager.
On the other hand the fruit basket, sweets freshly delivered every evening are a treat.
Can do better for a Palace

Room Tip: Talk to Jose Maria or Nikkie
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Hotel Manager at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Alex D.,

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in October, and during the summer. I am thankful that we finally got to the bottom of all your comments together with our Front Office Manager. It took us too long however. Needless to say it is unforgiveable that you would have to encounter such disappointments.

Our Housekeeping team have updated your kardex accordingly for a future stay, while of course it should have been automatic after the first time you made such a request. The Concierge in question has been spoken with regards to his lack of thoughtfulness, and once again, this is totally unacceptable. I understand that Room Service now have understood your preferences, and here again, we should have got it right from the onset. Thank you for your patience.

Having been such a regular guest of Le Bristol over recent times, I am most embarrassed that you had to bring to our attention what should be obvious. I am sincerely sorry that we let you down, and can assure you that we will do our utmost to win back your confidence.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel combines style with truly warm spot on hospitality!
We stayed 3 nights and will certainly be making it our home in Paris.
Perfect location, beautiful hotel, superb bars and restaurant but most special was the personalized service!

keep it up guys.

Dear Dinesh S.,

Thank you for your kind comments recently posted on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in September. That you found Le Bristol to “combine style with truly warm spot on hospitality” is the best compliment possible.

We look forward to your return to your now new Paris residence!

Saratoga, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Last year I reviewed Le Bristol under the title “Incredible Hotel.” This year my wife and I stayed at Le Bristol from August 20-23 and then again on August 30-31. How could Leah Marshall and her staff top “incredible?” Not only did they, they did it with ease.

You might think that Le Bristol would have a letdown since August is vacation month in Paris. Actually, the opposite was true. With fewer guests, the Le Bristol staff was even more attentive, friendly and unbelievably prescient than in 2012.

We arrived in the morning on August 20. Not only was our room ready, we had been upgraded to an eighth floor mini-suite. Leah Marshall, Le Bristol’s manager, came to the front desk and personally greeted us. She asked us what our plans were for our visit and I told her we were planning a picnic. She offered us a picnic basket and I thanked her and that was the end of the conversation. A day later, I received a call from Room Service asking if it was OK to deliver the picnic basket. I had totally forgotten about it, but apparently Ms. Marshall hadn’t.

A few minutes later, a picnic basket befitting Le Bristol showed up: a beautiful wicker, three-tiered affair, with four place settings of china and real silverware, an insulated drawer, silver salt and pepper shakers, and, of course, a wine opener. Our picnic at Parc Monceau attracted a lot of attention because of this. “Bon appétit” was what we heard from several passersby.

That evening we were on our way to a local brasserie our friend had recommended. The concierge suggested we stop by the Le Bristol Terrace where a reception was going on. We did and Ms. Marshall came by, addressed us by name, and asked us about our picnic. I was floored she remembered the picnic, let alone our names. It truly made us feel like the most important guests in the hotel. We told her about a raspberry macaron we had purchased at Eric Kayser and Ms. Marshall promised us that the ones at 114 Faubourg (where we were eating the following night) were better.

I’ll review 114 Faubourg in a separate review, but suffice it say that at our meal’s end, several raspberry macarons found their way to us and yes, Ms. Marshall, they WERE better!

After a visit to Bordeaux and a six-day bike trip in that area, we returned to Le Bristol where we stayed in a very large, very sumptuous suite. Once again, the staff went out of their way to make us feel like we weren’t staying in a hotel, but rather our own Parisian apartment. We ate at Epicure the first night on this second visit in August (under a separate review) and once again, we were completely surprised and delighted with the entire meal.

It’s no coincidence that Le Bristol was named France’s Leading Hotel by worldtravelawards.com on Aug. 31. It is an amazing, wonderful and unique hotel, thanks to the efforts of the staff who are truly outstanding.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Hotel Manager at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

What a wonderful review you have given us! Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay with us in August! It is always impressive the number of guests we meet who are dedicated at reading TripAdvisor, so once again, much appreciated!

We also were thrilled with the heading you chose. I always say that it is a work in progress, and I am delighted that you noticed the difference even from your last visit. Both teams at 114 and Epicure were also over the moon with your comments on both dinners you had. Our Pastry Chef, who has a fabulous book coming out late November, was very proud that you agreed with me about his raspberry macaroons.

Our Room Service Manager was tickled that residents of the neighborhood of Parc Monceau had a glimpse of the sort of outdoor picnic experience we are capable of delivering. You gave a great description to set the scene.

All in all it was just very thoughtful of you to take the time to share with these dedicated readers!!

Looking forward to a return trip.

With best regards,

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed 7 nights. Nothing was too much trouble & all the staff were just gorgeous. How could we live without the concierge? Such a reflection of a very well run hotel. It was very special to celebrate my birthday here & now my husband & I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Be sure you are not near the service lift. We were initially but we were moved to a quiet room witho...
Dear Deb F.,

We are thrilled that you consider Le Bristol your Parisian home now. Thank you kindly for your comments posted in September on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your 7 night stay, and that the concierge came through with flying colours!

We look forward to seeing you next visit!

Fort Stockton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Rarely do I find a hotel with the the excellent reviews this hotel has on Tripadvisor living up to the ratings. LeBristol, for us, not only met them, but exceeded them. Everyone who worked there was glad you were there and ready to help anyway they could. For example, I asked the doorman where I could find macaroons. To make sure I got there safely, he literally walked me part of the way there, until the store was in eye sight, so I had no chance of getting lost.

When I read other people's reviews, especially when they are all excellent, I wonder if it can all be true. Before I wrote this review I read several others, and I can honestly say that they all match our experience.

Dear Ted D.,

I was so thrilled to read on TripAdvisor that you rarely yourself find a hotel with the excellent reviews this hotel has on TripAdvisor living up to the ratings. We could not hope for a more generous comment that we even exceeded them! We do know that it is always a work in progress, so never take it for granted!

Our doormen were very happy that you found their gest of accompanying you until the store you were looking for was in sight.

We look forward to having you with us again in the very near future;, and thank you for your thoughtfulness!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

One of the 10 palaces in paris. It has one of the best locations. The best restaurant. The service is wonderful and the rooms very very nice. I recommend every one who can afford this hotel ,to try it at least one time and to feel the difference with other hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for voting us as one of the best palace locations on your TripAdvisor posting in September. We appreciate that you give our restaurant top marks also, and encourage fellow readers to experience Le Bristol.

Hotel Manager

Been to Le Bristol Paris? Share your experiences!