“Reliably wonderful.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Bristol Paris

You added Le Bristol Paris to your Saves list
Le Bristol Paris
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   112 rue du Faubourg Saint Honore | 8th Arr., 75008 Paris, France   |
Ranked #1 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
NYC
“Reliably wonderful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Moved to respond by the prior two emails reporting bad experiences... I've stayed at the Bristol a dozen times (mostly on business, but not always) and like it better every time. Staff has always been friendly and helpful. I've stayed in everything from a royal suite to a regular room and thought they were each and every one ample, comfortable and gracious. It's expensive, but (a) worth it, and (b) that's Paris for you. The location is ideal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Hotel Manager at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for being so thoughtful in giving your appreciation of your time spent with us in March.

We are truly delighted that you appreciated the service and the Hotel’s style.
It is a great pleasure to read that you truly enjoyed each of your experiences with us and that the service met your expectations.

We truly appreciate your loyalty and support towards Le Bristol, and we look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back amongst us in a not too distant future.

I hope to have the opportunity of meeting you then.

Warmest regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Munich
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The are many good things to say about the Le Bristol:
Entering its lobby is like arriving in a different century; the chandeliers, the marble floors, the wonderful flower bouquets, the charming old elevator, the chintz and velvet arm chairs.... Glorious! Reception staff are incredibly professional and courteous. Food is great (waiters less so- Whenever I have a special request, I feel they look at me with an expression that means "how dare you ask me something"). Also, the owners invest continously into keeping the property immaculate- each time I have stayed there (3 times so far), there was renovation work going on in parts of the building.

HOWEVER during my last stay earlier this week, I was really upset by the fact that in my room that cost > € 600 the was no warm water available at 11.30 at night! Knowing that it is an old building, I thought "ok, probably I just need to wait a little, the pipes are old..." But even after a full 5 min, all that flew from the taps of both the basin, the bath tub and the shower was ice cold water.

I was really tired and had to get up early the next morning, so did not call reception (did not want to stay awake and wait for someone to look into it) and went to bed without a shower. The next morning, it worked fine - but it was a REALLY disappointing experience. At a hotel of this category and price, this is not acceptable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Resident Manager at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Madam,

We thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your last visit at Le Bristol.
We are very honoured to read that you stayed amongst us for several visits in Paris.
Your words concerning our decoration, our Staff and also the quality of the food and the ambiance at Le Bristol are very appreciated!

Nevertheless, we were deeply sorry to read that your last experience has not been entirely in keeping with your expectations, and that you had to face a terrible experience with no hot water at night in your room.
We totally understand that you felt reluctant to call the Reception desk at this late hour, and you are perfectly right, this situation is not acceptable in an entirely renovated five star palace. Be assured however that if you had called our teams, they would have been glad to bring you immediate assistance.

We would appreciate if you could contact us directly, so as to investigate properly on your recent visit to know how we failed, and to have the chance to organize your next visit with us.

Staying at your entire disposal, I remain,

Yours sincerely,

Florence Bezault
Resident Manager
Virudhunagar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

From the moment I checked-in to the moment my friend who drove me to the airport, I loved the experience. Being a first timer in Europe, with no knowledge of French, It was amazing how my friends there sorted out everything for me.

I didnt feel like I was checking-in. In about 5 minutes, I was taken to my room. The moment I stepped into the room, the marble flooring, hermes, the washroom, the so comfy bed made me so happy. My friend Jean was like a saviour. He helped me out with everything I needed for my night stay. Its not just about him, there was another friend on mine (Who, sadly, I dont know the name of) even greeted me by NAME. He pronounced it so perfectly just after 12 hours of my check-in and inspite few celebs staying over there. The friends there are just great. You would never feel lost.

Epicure served me some delicious food and Bristol Bar was great. I preferred to dine the last day in my room facing the tower. The checkout was simple. Though I felt the stay was touch expensive, recounting the experience made me re-think that!

Shopping areas were nearby and rightly pointed out by my friends there. Without them, I am sure to have had a tough experience. Loved it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Hotel Manager at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a kind review on Trip Advisor following your stay at Le Bristol last February.

We are deeply touched to read that we have contributed to make your first experience in Europe a success!

It is great to learn that you appreciated not only your room overlooking the Eiffel tower, but overall the thoughtfulness of the teams making you feel like a celeb. Be assured that we will share your warm words with Jean-Marie Burlet, our Director of Guest Relations.

We are pleased that you enjoyed Epicure, our three-Michelin star gastronomic restaurant, as well as the new evening Bar du Bristol!

I hope to welcome you back again very soon at the hotel.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Le Bristol last weekend and had the most luxurious, wonderful time... it exceeded all our expectations and would recommend it to anyone... the staff are so courteous and friendly, the Epicure Restaurant is the best I have ever been to, the rooms so elegant and comfortable, the spa magnificent..... everything was of the highest standard and yet did not feel stuffy or overly formal - a real tonic for the body, spirit and soul....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Hotel Manager at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Ian G. from London,

We were delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your weekend with us in February.

To have any of our guests say that we exceeded their expectations, and that they would recommend us to anyone, is the best compliment one could hope for in this business.

Hope to have the opportunity of meeting you on a future stay.

Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Having visited Le Bristol previously, we were persuaded to return and the hotel was all that we could have hoped for and more.

The hotel was very clean and everyone was very friendly. There were a number of celebrities staying at the hotel whilst we were there (including David Beckham) and I was concerned that we might find ourselves being obviously second in line to them but this was not the case. On the contrary, we were made to feel as though we were the special guests who had come to stay.

I hesitate to single any member of staff out for the quality of service we received, as that may suggest (incorrectly) that the unmentioned staff were not on the same par. However, Jean-François on the concierge desk was exceedingly helpful and gave us excellent directions (even if we ran out of luck when we followed them!) and Stéphanie was also fantastic, managing to save the day on more than one occasion – like locating a camera which we could borrow as I had forgotten mine.

The suite we stayed in was very spacious, clean and furnished in character with the hotel as a whole. We could see the Eiffel Tower from it which made our stay more magical and romantic (which is hard to achieve with two children in tow.) We also had a DVD player in the lounge and bedroom. There was plenty of drawer space available. (Travelling with two young children, it often seems to be the case that, whilst there is plenty of hanging space, there is a lack of shelves/drawers for the children’s clothes.)

We chose to take meals in our room – a lot more relaxing with a two year old. The food was excellent and presented beautifully. We had to wait no longer than if we had been in the restaurant and the food was still piping hot when it came. We very much appreciated all the little extras.

I definitely think that we should come back to this hotel – if only to make sure that the service we received this time is in fact the norm! My husband will always remember his 50th Birthday treat (as will I) for all the right reasons.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ms. Woodhouse,

Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding the family trip to Le Bristol early last month.

Needless to say we were thrilled that the quality of service met your expectations.
I have passed on your appreciation to Jean-François and Stephanie. You are too kind to have singled them out. It is true that all our guests should feel that they are the most special guests.

Look forward to seeing you and the family in the not too distant future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Le Bristol provides even the frequent traveller with an experience of unique elegance, excellence, friendliness, and consistency in all areas. The hotel is beautiful, the staff is uniformly kind, competent and enthusiastic, everything works like a charm and the overall experience is unmatched. What Leah Marshall and her team produce every day is remarkable -- far, far better than the Ritz or Cinque. Make a special effort to stay here; in Paris, don't consider staying anywhere else!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear James_M358 from New York !

Thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience at Le Bristol in Paris.

We know that our business is such that we can always improve, all the same it is such a boost to know when our guests have truly had a memorable time with us.

We look forward to seeing you in the not too distant future!

Best regards from Paris,

Leah
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Dear Traveler,

I just returned after spending three weeks in Europe. I am very grateful, 5 Star Hotels have become my home away from home.

Le Bristol in Paris is in a league of it's own truly leading in the hospitality business. They are so out front that no one competitor is even in sight! The pride and care every guests receive is truly so very special.

The new Le Bar a spectacular edition making your late evenings especially on the weekend very entertaining with some amazing sounds from some of Paris's most talented DJ's. Le Bristol you might want to consider selling some of the discs by just calling them the sounds from Le Bar.

Hats off to real Top Class operation and absoulutely worthy of this years Travel and Leisure 2013 Best of the Best.

Well deserved and keep up the excellent work!!!!!!! Mr. Anthony J Vecchione NYC

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Vecchione,

You are too kind to take the time to post your thoughts regarding your stay at Le Bristol Paris during your stay in February.

It is understood that when one travels as extensively as you do, it is comfortable when you can say that one hotel is now like ‘home away from home’.

We are really thrilled that you enjoyed our new evening Bar that opened in September. As the majority of guests are from Paris, it is nice for our North American or Anglophone guests to actually realize they are in Paris by being surrounded by French patrons! It is agreed that we need to work on making our own compilation of discs!

Thank you for your positive comments, and your support! It is so much appreciated when our guests recognize our earnest efforts to please each and every guest.

Hotel Manager

Been to Le Bristol Paris? Share your experiences!