“I felt like a celeb!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Bristol Paris

and 1 more site!
You added Le Bristol Paris to your Saves list
Le Bristol Paris
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   112 rue du Faubourg Saint Honore | 8th Arr., 75008 Paris, France   |
Ranked #1 of 1,792 Hotels in Paris
Virudhunagar
“I felt like a celeb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

From the moment I checked-in to the moment my friend who drove me to the airport, I loved the experience. Being a first timer in Europe, with no knowledge of French, It was amazing how my friends there sorted out everything for me.

I didnt feel like I was checking-in. In about 5 minutes, I was taken to my room. The moment I stepped into the room, the marble flooring, hermes, the washroom, the so comfy bed made me so happy. My friend Jean was like a saviour. He helped me out with everything I needed for my night stay. Its not just about him, there was another friend on mine (Who, sadly, I dont know the name of) even greeted me by NAME. He pronounced it so perfectly just after 12 hours of my check-in and inspite few celebs staying over there. The friends there are just great. You would never feel lost.

Epicure served me some delicious food and Bristol Bar was great. I preferred to dine the last day in my room facing the tower. The checkout was simple. Though I felt the stay was touch expensive, recounting the experience made me re-think that!

Shopping areas were nearby and rightly pointed out by my friends there. Without them, I am sure to have had a tough experience. Loved it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Hotel Manager at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a kind review on Trip Advisor following your stay at Le Bristol last February.

We are deeply touched to read that we have contributed to make your first experience in Europe a success!

It is great to learn that you appreciated not only your room overlooking the Eiffel tower, but overall the thoughtfulness of the teams making you feel like a celeb. Be assured that we will share your warm words with Jean-Marie Burlet, our Director of Guest Relations.

We are pleased that you enjoyed Epicure, our three-Michelin star gastronomic restaurant, as well as the new evening Bar du Bristol!

I hope to welcome you back again very soon at the hotel.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Le Bristol last weekend and had the most luxurious, wonderful time... it exceeded all our expectations and would recommend it to anyone... the staff are so courteous and friendly, the Epicure Restaurant is the best I have ever been to, the rooms so elegant and comfortable, the spa magnificent..... everything was of the highest standard and yet did not feel stuffy or overly formal - a real tonic for the body, spirit and soul....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Hotel Manager at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Ian G. from London,

We were delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your weekend with us in February.

To have any of our guests say that we exceeded their expectations, and that they would recommend us to anyone, is the best compliment one could hope for in this business.

Hope to have the opportunity of meeting you on a future stay.

Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Having visited Le Bristol previously, we were persuaded to return and the hotel was all that we could have hoped for and more.

The hotel was very clean and everyone was very friendly. There were a number of celebrities staying at the hotel whilst we were there (including David Beckham) and I was concerned that we might find ourselves being obviously second in line to them but this was not the case. On the contrary, we were made to feel as though we were the special guests who had come to stay.

I hesitate to single any member of staff out for the quality of service we received, as that may suggest (incorrectly) that the unmentioned staff were not on the same par. However, Jean-François on the concierge desk was exceedingly helpful and gave us excellent directions (even if we ran out of luck when we followed them!) and Stéphanie was also fantastic, managing to save the day on more than one occasion – like locating a camera which we could borrow as I had forgotten mine.

The suite we stayed in was very spacious, clean and furnished in character with the hotel as a whole. We could see the Eiffel Tower from it which made our stay more magical and romantic (which is hard to achieve with two children in tow.) We also had a DVD player in the lounge and bedroom. There was plenty of drawer space available. (Travelling with two young children, it often seems to be the case that, whilst there is plenty of hanging space, there is a lack of shelves/drawers for the children’s clothes.)

We chose to take meals in our room – a lot more relaxing with a two year old. The food was excellent and presented beautifully. We had to wait no longer than if we had been in the restaurant and the food was still piping hot when it came. We very much appreciated all the little extras.

I definitely think that we should come back to this hotel – if only to make sure that the service we received this time is in fact the norm! My husband will always remember his 50th Birthday treat (as will I) for all the right reasons.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ms. Woodhouse,

Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding the family trip to Le Bristol early last month.

Needless to say we were thrilled that the quality of service met your expectations.
I have passed on your appreciation to Jean-François and Stephanie. You are too kind to have singled them out. It is true that all our guests should feel that they are the most special guests.

Look forward to seeing you and the family in the not too distant future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Le Bristol provides even the frequent traveller with an experience of unique elegance, excellence, friendliness, and consistency in all areas. The hotel is beautiful, the staff is uniformly kind, competent and enthusiastic, everything works like a charm and the overall experience is unmatched. What Leah Marshall and her team produce every day is remarkable -- far, far better than the Ritz or Cinque. Make a special effort to stay here; in Paris, don't consider staying anywhere else!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear James_M358 from New York !

Thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience at Le Bristol in Paris.

We know that our business is such that we can always improve, all the same it is such a boost to know when our guests have truly had a memorable time with us.

We look forward to seeing you in the not too distant future!

Best regards from Paris,

Leah
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Dear Traveler,

I just returned after spending three weeks in Europe. I am very grateful, 5 Star Hotels have become my home away from home.

Le Bristol in Paris is in a league of it's own truly leading in the hospitality business. They are so out front that no one competitor is even in sight! The pride and care every guests receive is truly so very special.

The new Le Bar a spectacular edition making your late evenings especially on the weekend very entertaining with some amazing sounds from some of Paris's most talented DJ's. Le Bristol you might want to consider selling some of the discs by just calling them the sounds from Le Bar.

Hats off to real Top Class operation and absoulutely worthy of this years Travel and Leisure 2013 Best of the Best.

Well deserved and keep up the excellent work!!!!!!! Mr. Anthony J Vecchione NYC

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Vecchione,

You are too kind to take the time to post your thoughts regarding your stay at Le Bristol Paris during your stay in February.

It is understood that when one travels as extensively as you do, it is comfortable when you can say that one hotel is now like ‘home away from home’.

We are really thrilled that you enjoyed our new evening Bar that opened in September. As the majority of guests are from Paris, it is nice for our North American or Anglophone guests to actually realize they are in Paris by being surrounded by French patrons! It is agreed that we need to work on making our own compilation of discs!

Thank you for your positive comments, and your support! It is so much appreciated when our guests recognize our earnest efforts to please each and every guest.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The recent addition to the hotel is the new bar a very nice cozy room intime. Atmosphere ,the hotel personal service .nice rooms and very good food offered in all the restaurants of the hotel makes it a very attractive place in paris. It's upper class luxuriously place prices are in line with level

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Yosef L.,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay at Le Bristol in February.

Delighted that you enjoyed our new evening Bar that opened in September. It is most popular with the locals, and not sure if you caught the DJ on Thursdays from 7 p.m. or either Friday or Saturday from 9:30 p.m., but they have been a very positive draw.

Look forward to having the pleasure of meeting you on a future visit!

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

When you are at the top of the class the things that may cause you to fall deep in your customers regard may be very small. Unfair? Maybe. But that is the name of the game in the high end service business; whether it be hotels or anything else. That was what happened the first time we stayed at the Bristol. Small things that annoyed our enjoyment came to overshadow the fact, that the hotel may have delivered on 90%+ of expectations.

Coming back, expectations were high. We arrived on the back of a dialogue with the hotel about some of the grievances that we listed on this site. The dialogue was open and forthcoming, even if we may never agree on all issues. But that is not the point. The point is that by engaging with your customers in a forthright manner you may be understood and sometimes even "forgiven".

We stayed two nights in a junior suite (I recommend room 738 to everyone using that category of rooms) and simply enjoyed every moment.

In part it was due to some of the changes made, especially the introduction of the bar as an add on to the coffee/tee lounge. The bar really works well, not an easy accomplishment in an establishment such as the Bristol. If you're not staying, do go there when the DJ is playing for pre dinner drinks. Great surroundings, great atmosphere.

But the true nature of the greatness rests on three things in our view:

1. The Bristol is the only Hotel that really that exudes the greatness of Paris. It is this greatness that keeps many of us coming back - even if we know that it may actually be hard to find in Paris at times. As hotels go, I believe this may be one of the few places to go for that rare sentiment of being in the middle of a place that truly reflects the fascination of the city you're visiting.

2. At the same time it is also distinctly modern. The staff is of course courteous and helpful. But also warm, personal and attentive in the way that shows you that the person in front of you invests time in making sure you feel relaxed and comfortable. The attention we received, especially from Jean-Marie Burlet was nothing less than extraordinary.

3. The surroundings are truly amazing. You can almost feel the grandeur and the warmth of the place when you walk around the corner at the Elysee and see the bright walls, the overhangs and the lights outside. And the light and the flowers in the spacious reception and lounge area feel so welcoming.

After a bumpy start, we are hooked. We already look forward to coming back again

Dear Guest,

We are truly honoured that you would put us in a category all alone in the amazing city. Thank you for taking the time to post your gracious comments regarding your visit to Le Bristol Paris in February.

The personalized service from a Jean-Marie Burlet as an example, should be the norm for each and every guest. It is true that those very small details are what makes the difference, and you are so correct, that is normal for the top-end of any business.

Thrilled that you enjoyed our new evening Bar that opened in September. It is such a pleasure to see how the locals are also becoming more and more regular, and that is what our in-resident guests enjoy, that Parisian feeling. For your information, DJ from 7 p.m. Thursdays, and Fridays and Saturdays from 9:30 p.m.

I hope to meet you on a return visit in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manager

Been to Le Bristol Paris? Share your experiences!