“Amazing Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Prince de Galles Hotel

You added Prince de Galles Hotel to your Saves list
Prince de Galles Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 avenue George V, 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Elysees)   |
Ranked #51 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Amazing Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

one of the best in Paris. Good location as just off the main shopping street full of tourists. Good location for business and pleasure. Room is a little on the small size but decor makes up for it. I will definitely stay again

Room Tip: Need rooms at back because front rooms are noisy
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

It seems like half a decade that this property was unavailable due to a major renovation. The long wait was worth it. The property is beautiful and the staff is friendly and attentive to the max. They could not have been more helpful when I arrived a little late and thought it might be tight to make my restaurant reservation. They called the restaurant to let them know I would be 20 minutes late, and the night before my departure they unprompted called to ask when I would want my wake-up call and when they should arrange for a taxi to the airport.
I would strongly advise reserving an interior room with a terrace, for there is nothing more Parisian than sitting out on your own veranda, drinking a glass of Champagne and looking out at the Eiffel Tower. The George V is next door, so the five star competition is fierce, but this hotel is up to it and worth a visit. Kudos to the entire staff, from top to bottom!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
SimonRusconi, Directeur général at Prince de Galles Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Cary,

your review is the best gift you may give us.
Thank you for such a wonderful description of our level of service and how much we are focusing on our hosts' feeling and wellbeing.

We are all delivering the best service to provide you the sensation that you are at home, your Parisian home.
Thank you for describing us as "attentive to the max", this is our daily objective and I am proud that you had the chance to fully experience this.

I truly hope that we will have the chance to host you back in our Maison de Luxe.

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We returned to the Prince de Galles after an absence of several years. The occasion was a birthday celebration, and the hotel was beyond our expectation. The property has been upgraded and both the public areas and the room we stayed had everything a Luxury Collection should have. We were given a lovely room with a balcony, and nothing was lacking. From the bathroom amenities to the ultra-comfortable bed, nothing was lacking. The staff was overly friendly and always most helpful. The location couldn't be better, near the Metro and several wonderful restaurants.

We can't wait to return.

Dear Tamalpais,

allow me to thank you for taking the time to let us know who was your experience at the Prince de Galles.
I am glad that you enjoyed our Art Déco renovation and even more your room with a balcony.

Thank you for choosing our Maison de Luxe to celebrate this unique occasion!
I am delighted to read that we will have the chance to host you back.

I already look forward to it,

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Unfortunately we only stayed one night. The design of the hotel and its rooms is flawless and you really feel that you are in a Palace. We arrived from Montreal at 8am and received an amazing welcome, the room was ready and fully prepared.
The employees do all they can to make you feel unique. That is what I like with SPG hotels.

Room Tip: Just book now
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jean Pierre,

thank you for your review posted on TripAdvisor.
You spent a short stay to give you a first immersion into our Maison de Luxe. Reading your comment, I trust that will not be the last one.

Thank you for choosing the Prince de Galles and please let me know whenever you come back to the Prince de Galles, I would be more than happy to assist you & ensuring you a longer and perfect stay.

Best regards,
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife an myself were just on Vacation starting April 4, 2015 an it started in Paris with us arriving at the Prince de Galles Hotel. From the minute we stepped out of our taxi until the time we left, the employees treated us as if we were Kings an Queens. The staff were outstanding an the hotel was beyond anything I have ever been in. I can not say enough about the staff, an if you ever have a chance to visit Paris be sure to visit the Prince de Galles Hotel your trip will not be complete without a stay.

Room Tip: In the Heart of the city
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
SimonRusconi, Directeur général at Prince de Galles Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Robert,

thank your very much for your wonderful comment posted on TripAdvisor.
I am more than glad to read that a Parisian journey cannot be complete without a stop at the Prince de Galles.

You felt like King and Queen ... memorable service delivered by the Prince de Galles. It was a royal experience that we would be more than happy to reproduce whenever you are coming back to Paris.
Sincere regards,

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We visited paris for 3 days, straight away the hotel was in a great location. just off the main shopping area. They upgraded us, as a requested a extra bed for my boy. The room was lovely separate living space, with bedroom and bathroom and shower.
The shower was powerful and hot water.
The only gripe i and was the food was overpriced for breakfast. 9Euros for a bowl of rice krispies. Had i not had my toddler with me we would have ate somewhere else.

Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Sandy,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback after your stay at the Prince de Galles.
It is great to read that you enjoyed a nice family time in our Maison de Luxe and you had the chance to stay in one of our wonderful Suite.

Thank you for qualifying our ambassadors as "lovely staff".
I sincerely hope that we will have the chance to host you back at the Prince de Galles, in family or for a romantic gateway.

Wrentham, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a typical Starwood property and I say that from a negative perspective.

Those who visit Starwood properties note that they have a theme of hip, trendy, and serving a young active set. This is all well and good for a typical property, but falls flat when you enter the luxury category. The hotel contains a LOUD, noisy techno disco bar that is open until 3 AM and the sounds from that bar echo through the courtyard making sleep a real challenge. Juxtapose this with the Four Seasons next door which would never, ever inconvenience guests like this. If you like paying these prices and partying to 3 AM, this is your place for upscale accommodations. Additionally we had some problems with late housekeeping service, but that was promptly and efficiently addressed.

If you can put up with the noise this is a fine place. As for us, we will take our business elsewhere.

Dear William,

thank you for taking the time to write a review after your stay in our Maison de Luxe.

I am sincerely sorry to read that you experienced issues with music. We are stopping all music at a reasonable time to make our guests enjoying a great night after a long day in Paris so, thanks to your feedback, I will personally follow up and I am sure I will have the chance to clarify this inexplicable situation.

I hope that you will grant us the possibility to host you again in the future. If so, please not that I remain at your entire disposal,

Best regards,
Simon Rusconi

Been to Prince de Galles Hotel? Share your experiences!