“A palace in the heart of Paris” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Prince de Galles Hotel

You added Prince de Galles Hotel to your Saves list
Prince de Galles Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 avenue George V, 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Élysées)   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #67 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Dakar, Senegal
“A palace in the heart of Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I stayed here whilst in Paris for business. Actually it was booked by a colleague on the ground that it was close to the place we were having our meetings. This hotel has lots of attractions. It is very nicely decorated, rooms are wide and perfectly furnished, the bathroom is spacious and everything a guest may need are available. Another attraction is that it is in the heart of Paris, two minutes walk from Champs Elysees Avenue, the most attractive avenue of Paris. Staff are very professional and friendly.
The restaurant is attractive, wide choice of food

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
SimonRusconi, General Manager at Prince de Galles Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Mhkebe,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your positive thoughts about your recent stay amongst us.

It is a real pleasure to read your generous words and I sincerely hope to be welcoming you back very soon in our Maison de Luxe.

Remaining at your entire dispoal.
Best regards,
Simon Rusconi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stayed here in September 2013 and can't wait to return. The hotel staff was extremely welcoming, helpful and friendly. The hotel location is great, the rooms have a lot of character and are well-kept.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear "scp83",

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your kind thoughts on TripAdvisor website.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon! After a memorable visit in september may I also recommend summer time in Paris! Beautifully flowered and enlighting!

With my best regards,
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

The Prince de Galles is a great choice for those who enjoy the finer things, without being flashy. as we walked into the newly renovated hotel we were immediately struck with what this hotel was all about. The staff was always helpful and attentive, and the space is luxurious without being over the top.

Many times when we stay at hotels of this caliber, the staff have a way of speaking down to you, or seeming pretentious. This is not the case with the Prince de Galles. the staff was attentive and helpful, no matter the request. I had the pleasure of speaking on many occasions with one of the Doormen, Carlos, who was genuine and great to interact with. He even took it upon himself to teach me 3 French words/phrases every day...mission accomplished! All of the staff were as helpful as Carlos; caring and genuine.

The lobby and common spaces are well appointed and meticulously kept. Check-in was a breeze, and the clerk showed us to our room, pointing out the different features of the hotel along the way (restaurant, bar, etc.). She was very helpful and accommodating, showing us our room and the features of the room.

The room was spacious for Europe standards and well appointed with a great bathroom and closet space. The bathroom had 2 sinks (big plus) and separate shower and tub. The bed was comfortable and easy to sleep in. Overall the room was clean, comfortable and relaxing.

We ate one night at Scene, a recent Michelin Star recipient. Dinner was delicious and the staff were immediately available for any question/request. The only knock on the restaurant would be where the bathrooms are located is a bit far, down a flight of stairs. Complete with an open kitchen concept, the space was roomy and clean. I would have no problem returning to eat at Scene. Seating was comfortable and my wife even got a stool for her purse...yes, a little over the top!

In summary, the Prince de Galles is a great place to call home for a few days. We were treated very well, and every detail was taken care of with utmost professionalism. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends/family.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Phalex,

Thank you for being such a wonderful ambassador through your generous comments.

I was enlighted to read all your positive and detailed words about your recent stay with us. Associating the terms "caring and genuine" to the Hotel Staff means a lot to me. You may be assured that I have shared your review.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your findings on TripAdvisor and allow me to take this opportunity to wish you an exquisite day.

With the hope of the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon and with my best regards,
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I know this property for many years and always enjoyed !
Locatopn is perfect and the renovations have been stylishly done with a lot of eye for detail.
Service is "sublime" and the food at the Scene excellent, tasty, creative and having a female chef is top !
I would recommend very highly this chic property of which the luxury is just the way it should be, not OTT and bling bling
Success !!!
mpaule

Room Tip: rooms on the patio are very quiet !!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Marie-Paule,

Thank you so much for the "Just Perfect"!
What a pleasure to read you! May I kindly take this opportunity to also sincerely thank you for your loyalty to the Prince de Galles Hotel.

Looking forward to welcome you back and offer you another "sublime" service.

With my best regards,
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Recently, I returned for the first time to Prince de Galles after the renovation. Overall, we had an excellent stay.

We staid in a Makassar Suite (which is the highest suite category below the specialty suites). It was hands-down one of the nicest suites I have ever staid in in a city hotel. As the name suggests, Makassar veneer is used throughout the room, giving it a nice art deco touch. Furniture is also art deco style, e.g., cabinets in crème leather. Fabrics were high quality, e.g., nice silk curtains and plush carpets. The suite was quite spacious, with high ceilings, two large walk-in closets, and a large marble bath. It was facing Avenue George V, but noise was not an issue. There was even a marble fireplace.

The art deco vibe is also present throughout the hotel's public spaces. The bar is very nicely furnished with low sofas and glass chandeliers. This is also where breakfast is served. What Prince de Galles unfortunately lacks is a nice ground floor sitting area outside the bar. The lobby itself is quite uncomfortable as cold air comes in from the revolving door.

Breakfast was of excellent quality. Very good pastries, very good juices and fruit, and pleasant and fast service. Room service was okay, but I had expected a bit more given the price range (I had a somewhat greasy entrecote).

The concierge was also very helpful (we did not have any extraordinary requests, though). Unlike other commenters, we did not have any issue with housekeeping; our room was always made up perfectly.

Overall, a very nice experience, and I would definitely like to come back to enjoy the nice art deco style.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guerteltier,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your detailed and valuable review about your recent stay at the Prince de Galles Hotel.

It is a real pleasure to read that you enjoyed the meticulous renovation directed by Pierre-Yves Rochon for Rooms and Lobby and by Bruno Borrione for the Bar Les Heures and Gastronomic Restaurant La Scène. Our architects and designers have indeed succeeded in keeping the Art Deco atmosphere and soul of the Prince de Galles, and we are thrilled to welcome each of our Guests in such a unique décor.

Hoping that we will become your Parisian Home, we look forward to welcome you back!

Warm regards,
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here a few times before the renovation and re-opening, and we enjoyed it. But now, there is a difference -- this property, now, is the equal of the very best hotel experience, anywhere in the world. We came in before check-in time and were offered a Mosaic suite (a very generous up-grade). Suffice it to say, if you care about the beauty of your surroundings, attention to the smallest detail in the decor, the thinking behind what the guest experience should be in the room and in personal service, this hotel meets and most likely exceeds your expectations. The staff are friendly, very courteous, and extremely professional: this applies to all - from reception, to restaurant, to housekeeping, to room service. We highly recommend The Prince de Galles and will stay at no other the next time we are in Paris. The prospect of enjoying this hotel may even bring us back sooner!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear JKinLouisville,

What en enlighting pleasure to read your review!
I give such a great importance to our guest' feedbacks and I have shared your inspiring thoughts with our team.

I am delighted to read that you consider the new Prince de Galles as "the very best hotel experience, anywhere in the world" and that you "will stay at no other next time" in Paris!
You may be assured that we always upgrade our reservations as soon as our occupancy allows it.

I sincerely look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon in your Parisian Home and offer you another unforgettable experience with us.

Warmest regards,
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The location is absolutely perfect for either a business or personal stay: short walk to Champs/Eiffel/Seine. Upon arrival it appears that you are embarking on a five star experience, the lobby is first class and the bar and restaurant area is very upscale. Check-in was very smooth both times I checked in (I was in and out of Paris several times during my trip).

The hotel room floors are adorned with period pictures and art deco that almost works. Not sure what the goal is but it came across as a half hearted attempt to create a boutique environment. It was fine, just not great. Not opulent, not exactly uber classy, not quite super cool either.

When you arrive in your room you are greeted with a small bottle of wine and a treat which is a nice touch. The rooms are relatively spacious and very clean and the bathrooms are large and luxurious. The gym at the hotel is surprisingly well equipped and much better than the average hotel gym.

The problem with the Prince de Galles is that it falls short in the service department. I went to the large lounge bar in the late afternoon on a Sunday and it was about 25% full so not too busy but not dead either.....no waiter to take my order for 15 minutes. I eventually got up and ordered directly at the bar and took the drinks to my table. I had to do this twice even though the waiter came by to apologize and said that he would be right back to take our next order. Housekeeping was not up to a five star experience either: the treat we were given upon arrival was a small bottle of wine and a cupcake/pastry.....I ate a bite and drank a half glass of wine and left everything on the desk....the half glass of wine, opened bottle and nibbled cupcake stayed on the desk throughout my stay. The Concierge service was actually very strong....great recommendations for restaurants and atypical sightseeing options and very patient.

All in all, a very nice hotel, great location, great gym and in the true heart of Paris. If you are going to spend this kind of money then you might as well stay at a true 5-star Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a full shower stall and separate bath....some of the rooms have the shower and b...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Maxabillion,

First of all, I would like to dearly thank you for taking the time to share your intersting thoughts on TripAdvisor.

I sincerely enjoyed reading that your consider our atmosphere; reception and concierge service as a five star experience.

Kindlly be assured that I have shared your words with a particular attention to our Housekeeping and Bar services and I truly regret that your stay with us did not meet all your expectations.

I am nonetheless looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back, showing you then a much more positive and enjoyable stay.

I remain at your entire disposal.
Best regards,
Simon Rusconi

Been to Prince de Galles Hotel? Share your experiences!