“Visit at night” 4 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Skip the Line
$50*
and up
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tickets and...
Ranked #6 of 636 Attractions in Paris
Type: Landmarks
Activities: Dining, Ice skating, Watching sunrise/sunset
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Completed in 1889, this colossal landmark, although initially hated by many Parisians, is now a famous symbol of French civic pride.
London, United Kingdom
“Visit at night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2014 NEW

My second trip to Paris, this time with my eldest daughter who really wanted to go up the Eiffel. As I'm not good with heights I agreed to the 2nd Etage. Thanks to Tripadvisor reviews we saw the 'twinkling' Tower at 8pm on the dot, which was truly memorable.
Even though I remained far from the edge of viewing platforms the view at night is awesome and well worth testing my Acrophobia.

Tip: Under 25's get a discount when presenting ID/Passport

• Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Atlanta, Georgia
20 attraction reviews
“A must do..., unfortunately...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2014 NEW

I would really like to say that we loved the Eiffel Tower, but really it was more of a bucket list that is gladly checked off and never done again. And, we went during off season with very short lines.

Going in December means shorter lines, but you also need to bundle up. No worries about offending Europeans with shorts this time of year. Even still, the crowds on each level were too much for me. I can't imagine it in high season, when more people are climbing the stairs to reach the first and second levels. Crowd management was poor, even in the slow season. We got off the funicular on the second level to get in line for the elevator to the top. About three couples ahead of us, the crowd management folks decided to move the line. They did this by cutting off the line and not telling people where to go. To add a little insult, when we finally got to the "redirected line", the staff member were telling the people that made the cut off that they were in the wrong line and needed to move. Luckily for them, they were able to stay in they position, but I think we did get ahead of them. At least they didn't need to move behind the 60 new arrivals.

Getting down was almost as much of a chore as getting up. Some people have more of a feeling of entitlement than those in the United States. It wasn't a huge bother of people cutting the queue, but I can't imagine what it is like in July.

On the high side, we got to see a young man propose to his young bride, and her acceptance of the proposal. It made us middle aged (far side thereof) feel a little younger and romantic.

I'm glad I did the tower, and I'm glad I did it in December - even with the cloud cover. Do it when you visit Paris, and then head over to the Arc de Triumph for just as good of a view with a work out (climbing stairs) to help lessen the crowds.

Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“love it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2014 NEW

fun, fantastic views and good photo opps. very busy, a little pricey(took elevator to top floor), very beautiful city. we visited both day and night. dancing lights on the tower at night. take a local cruise to see the tower from the river. In the winter time, make sure to get some sweet red vin chaud from across the street. yummy!

Visited January 2014
Greenville, North Carolina
“The one must-do of Paris!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2014 NEW

You cannot go to Paris and not experience the Eiffel Tower! It was cheap at only 9 Euros per person. The line looked crazy and I thought we were never going to get through it but it actually went extremely quick and was very well-organized. We only went up to the "second floor" (the top was closed) and then came straight back down without going to the "first floor" but we had a spectacular time and took loads of great pictures. I was with my mom but I could see that it was definitely a very romantic place to be as well!! The gift shops were closed because the workers were on strike but it didn't hamper our experience at all. There's apparently free wi-fi offered. Don't skip the Eiffel Tower, it's totally worth it :)

Houston, Texas, United States
104 attraction reviews
“YES!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2014 NEW

Ahhh... no trip to Paris is complete without a visit to the Eiffel Tower (or at least a couple pictures with the Eiffel Tower in the background). The Eiffel Tower is a global cultural icon of France and one of the most recognizable structures in the world. The tower is the tallest structure in Paris and the most-visited paid monument in the world. Just being in the presence of the Eiffel Tower will make you feel better about yourself, you will have the feeling of accomplishment!

Visited October 2014