“Right pace, Right place, Great Job” 5 of 5 stars
Review of City Wonders

City Wonders
Paris, France (Formerly My Parisian Tour) (Hôtel-de-Ville)
+33 1 70 37 14 26
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
Skip the Line
$61*
and up
Skip the Line: Catacombs of Paris Small-Group...
Ranked #44 of 728 Activities in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover your Paris on our unique tours of the city's most famous sights. All of our tours are in small groups led by fun, knowledgeable, English-speaking guides who are passionate about Paris and about making your visit as relaxed and memorable as possible. Treasures in the Louvre, views from the Eiffel Tower, VIP Versailles or wine tastings and walking tours - which memories of Paris are you taking home?
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Granbury, Texas, USA
“Right pace, Right place, Great Job”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Our recent tour of the Louvre with MLT (My Louvre Tour) was a wonderful experience. The Guide was well informed. The pace was not too fast or too slow, we were introduced to the "expected" tourist sights in the Louvre, as well as several unexpected gems that we probably would never have seen otherwise. They also conducted business prior and during the booking process in a very professional way. I would recommend them to anyone, and will use them again in the future.

Jacksonville
“Louvre Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

MyLouvreTour.com delivered exactly what they promised. Easy place to meet the tour guide and they were right on time. Our guide, Damien, was very knowledgeable about each painting and sculpture. He gave us a whole new appreciation for the works that we were viewing. I never knew there was so much history behind the Louvre building itself. He kept the attention of two teenagers, not an easy task. We skipped all the lines and saw many of the major pieces in just 3 hours. Well worth it! I would highly recommend this service to other travelers.

Calgary, Canada
“WOW! A somber experience and very eerie as well.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I signed up for the skip-the-line tour with Dark Rome (or My Parisian Tour is the other name they go by). SO GLAD WE DID THAT! Firstly, we thought it wouldn't be busy at all since it was January 3rd! But we signed up for the tour anyway because I've had such a wonderful time with Dark Rome tours in Rome, Italy. When we got there at 11am in the morning, the line was so incredibly long that it wrapped around the block to the point where we couldn't tell where the line even started! We waited at the front of the entrance of the Catacombs where our tour guide met us. We walked right past the poor people waiting in the line probably for hours.

The Catacombs! I can find no words for it. I am a very healthy and fit person but walking down the spiral stairs was scary because it was so tight (and I'm a fairly petite person) and my head started spinning because we kept goint down and down and down all in a tight spiral staircase. My boyfriend, who is a big beefy guy, didn't have much problems though so it might have just been me. He is 5"10 and his head was barely scrapping the ceiling of the "galleries" as the tunnels are called. Definetly have to watch, walked slow and be careful to not crack your skull on the ceiling.

Then came the ossuary where the bones are. This was a very somber walk through the "galleries" or tunnel with thousands (perhaps millions) of bones all stacked. It was a little upsetting to see a few skulls graffited, which is very disrespectful of whoever did it. And I wouldn't be surprised if people walked out with bones for souvenirs because all the bones are right there. It's nice to see them not behind a plexi glass but I won't be surpised if more protection is added in the future to avoid people leaving with the bones! So I highly recommend everyone going to Paris to make a trip to the Catacombs before the extra protection goes up to get the full eerie experience! And I highly recommend to book "skip-the-line" because you'll be waiting in the line for hours otherwise!!
Recommendations:
It is a little cold in the Catacombs. Please bring a torch-light with you because it gets very dim and dark in certain places. I had to use the flash on my camera to try and see sometimes. Some people where using the light off their iphones. The metro station right across from the Catacombs entrance is 'Denfert Rochereau'.

UK
“Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We are very glad we did a walking tour rather than having to queue and try make our way through the louvre without any direction. We came out feeling like we had had a very thorough and informative visit. Our guide was extremely knowledgable and able to answer every question. We definitely recommend it.

New York City, New York, USA
“A must see in Paris!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Best way to see this HUGE museum is to go with a tour group. You will be assured of covering the most important collections of the Louvre. Then, after the official tour, you can linger on and view the other parts of the museum.

Visited December 2012