“Cosy, Friendly...but expensive” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Book Online and Save Up to 20% *
La Maison de l'Aubrac is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
*Some exclusions may apply.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,230 of 13,368 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Paris, France
“Cosy, Friendly...but expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

While its projected as a 'traditional francaise' restaurant..the dishes are served in gourmet form. The location is discreet...one of the streets in Champs-Elysees. The food is tasty and appealing to look at. The atmosphere is bustling (as it should be)...however maybe not for vegans and those who dont share a love for meat.

The choice of wines are different from those I have tasted and tried in other restaurants. Neverthless I discovered a new italian vintag 2010 that wonderfully blended with my 'veau'.

Overall, its like any other restaurant that you could walk in casually...except the pocket still needs to be a bit deep.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
Courbevoie, France
“Finally back to good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I did not come back to this restaurant for at least 2 years as my last experience was really bad. They changed the responsible who was really pretentious and most probably the cook as this time everything was perfect!
The waiting time was really correct, the meat was perfectly cooked and a really good piece as well! The waiter helped us choosing the wine and his choice was very good for our food!
As we did not finish the bottle, we were even able to take it with us.
I recommend again this restaurant as it is worth a try for the meat lovers! (and wine drinkers!)

Visited November 2012
Boulder, Colorado
“Moderate Price, Great Beef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The specialty of La Maison de L'Aubrec is its beef. My wife has one of their alternative dishes (chicken with a mushroom confie), which was also excellent. Their specialty is steak tartar, and this was great! The service was very good, and the place filled up rather quickly. Reservations recommended.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin
“Love this restaurant! Great steak and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Paris. The steak is always perfect and I love the sides that go along with it. Always fresh and taste like they're straight from the farm. Finishing off the meal with a perfect crème brûlée makes it an even more amazing experience. Merci beaucoup!

Visited June 2012
San Diego
“Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I think we ate our first good steak in Paris, nice restaurant near Ch E. we were 4 the service was very good and fast. I agree, nothing extraordinaire. I have eaten better steak in Mexico or USA but as I told after 10 days in Paris first good steak. Avoid l entrecôte, very bad service and the food. This is much better