“Food was surprising good, service was the worst!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bistro Romain Cadires

Bistro Romain Cadires
122 Ave de Champs Elysees, 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Élysées)
01 43 59 93 31
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9,318 of 12,477 restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Champs-Élysées
New Haven, Connecticut
“Food was surprising good, service was the worst!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Ate here almost a week ago while in Paris with my girlfriend and her associate as we strolled the "Champ". Anyways, we decided to stop here and eat since it was a gorgeous day and I wanted to eat outside. Off rip, our waitress didn't even want to bother with us. Her attitude was the worst! My girlfriends associate is French so she did most of the corresponding for us since we don't speak much French. Even with this being the case, the waitress was even being a bird towards her as well. If I knew her name I would post it, but luckily for her, I don't. Anyway, when she came back with our drink orders, my glass still had lipstick from the previous user "Ilk"! When I attempted to show the waitress, she just snatched the glass off the table, spilling wine on the table in disguise. She ended up asking one of her co-workers to take over for her who I actually felt kinda bad for since our French associate was already pissed and he ended up bearing the grunt of it even though it wasn't really his fault.

This place is an obvious tourist trap due to location and I could tell the staff is just fed up with dealing with us (tourist) for a multitude of reason. With that being said, if your in the service business, tourist come with the territory. I honestly don't think some people realize (or care for that matter) how they can influence a person perception of place with both a horrible attitude and/or service. In conclusion, some of the staff at this place needs some serious customer service training.

Now to the food, Shockingly, I enjoyed my meal. I had a steak with frites and even though I ate at a ton of nice restaurants during my stay in Paris, I can honestly say that their steak was the best steak that I had on my trip (Beating Le Roland Garros & Les Ambassades in Montmartre where I also had steak and both of which are better establishments). Nevertheless, even though the steak was good, the poor service left a sour taste in my mouth. Granted it was crowded on a nice saturday afternoon, if your understaffed, then hire more people! I would honestly never eat here again unless it was maybe for takeout.

Visited September 2012

25% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“Not at all bad for the money.. Especially in tourist central!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I ate here yesterday as a party of four and have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. They offer a very reasonable set menu for just under €12 that included a choice of four mains and a glass of house wine (red white & rosé available).

We all opted for the beef which came in a generous portion served with crispy frites and a peppercorn sauce. Whilst the quality of the beef means its unlikely to win any awards, it was certainly nicely cooked and not at all fatty.

I had the red wine which was also very palatable and easy to drink.

I'll admit, I was scepticle about eating here but our experience was all good. It's not the bet cuisine in Paris obviously but you can't knock it for a reasonably priced tasty lunch.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Mediocre”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Tasteless food and terrible service . Overpriced way better places on the champs élysées ! Avoid this place

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong, China
“Maybe it was the choice of food...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Walked down Champs Elysees and saw a long plate of beef and we decided to sit down. We waited a few minutes to be seated and upon getting the menu there were a wide range to choose from.
Having set my eye on the carpaccio I discovered they also do a Salmon carpaccio. To my disappointment it was cooked(rather than smoked) salmon thinly sliced arranged neatly on a long plate. It also seems that it was arranged a long time before it was ordered because the edges of the paper-thin salmon was already dried and stuck on the plate.
For that price I probably wouldn't go for that again. Someone else ordered the beef carpaccio and the beef seems to be the better option of the two. Apart from that the food was so-so, but it was nice to sit down and relax while everything goes past on the busy boulevard.
When we wanted to get the bill we also had to wait quite a long while, price was reasonable given the location, but probably won't go back there, might try the nearby restaurants/ cafes

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
“Meal with a view at affordable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Situated in the center of Paris. Go for a set menu and try to be seated near the window. We had lunch for 2 with 1 wine and 1 soft drink for 23 €. Just avoid aperitif and coffee wich would double your bill.

Visited January 2012