“Not what we expected but more than we had hoped for !!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Societe

La Societe
4, place de Saint Germain des Pres | Saint-Germain-des-Prés, 75006 Paris, France (Luxembourg)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,146 of 13,448 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Italian, Gastropub, Asian fusion
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Luxembourg
Sydney, Australia
“Not what we expected but more than we had hoped for !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I stubbled across this place in Paris in June this year. At first we were a little sceptical because everyone around us seemed like they belonged in French Vogue (including my beautiful wife and the staff). But from the moment we sat down, we were very much impressed. The food , service, location and ambience were excellent. The waiters were very helpful and made us feel very special. We sat outside but inside would have been just as nice.
I would recommend this especially for couples.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
New York
“THE WORST”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

If you want to have one of the most terrible evenings this is the restaurant. When you arrive you are made to feel as if you do not belong. Once you are finally seated you are approached by your server as if they were doing you a favor. The food quality is so poor, that I do not understand why this restaurant is so popular.You see all the "beautiful" people come in, but so what...I guess they come for appearances. Expensive and not worth it. So many better choices in Paris. Do not wast your time.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Monte Carlo
“Great dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

From the moment we walked in till the moment we left we enjoyed our dining experience
The captain seated us outside, at our request, then was very gracious when we asked to be moved inside because we were chilly.
The waitress could not have been more charming or helpful.
We had to wait a bit too long for our main course, but the waitress brought us complimentary drinks to compensate.
The food, by the way, was excellent!
We will definitely return.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Tokyo, Japan
“International feel in the heart of Paris”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I wanted a "trendy" restaurant in the center if Paris and was introduced to La Societe by a Paris office colleague. I was told this is the latest restaurant of the Costes brother and I was not surprised to find the same feel as in the Hotel Costes which I used intensively a few years back. Overall, great atmosphere in the restaurant, and very fashionable waitresses. Our waiter was wearing a kilt!
The food taste was ok but not excellent and the wine list did offer a good match to the menu. Prices were slightly high for Paris but in line with the deco and the Costes signature.
I will definitely go back there with friends during my visits to Paris.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Really Great - Perhaps a tad overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Great food and great service here. But they are trading on a novelty factor I think. With the staff all "off the catwalk" in paris - which they may have been...

The food was really really good - but for the money I was still expecting a bit more to be honest.

Great wine list - again quite expensive.

So had a really great time here, but left feeling like I had overpaid a bit.

Visited October 2013