“Excellent half day of photography...lots of learning! Don't miss it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Better Travel Photos

Better Travel Photos
32 Avenue de Suffren, 75015 Paris, France
+33 6 74 04 21 84
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 729 Activities in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: From several hours to several days, Better Travel Photos (Paris) offers instructional photo tours and destination portrait sessions in Paris. During the tours our instructors and guides provide one-on-one tutoring tailored to the skill level of every participant, all while introducing the hidden and not so hidden gems of the City of Light. Try this fun and educational way to discover new places.
Rochester, New York
“Excellent half day of photography...lots of learning! Don't miss it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I booked the half day Classic Paris tour with Nadia and it was wonderful! She taught me how to use the settings of my SLR and I learned so much, had so much fun, and ended up with some amazing photos! Nadia was very professional, and very patient with me when I had trouble remembering things (I recommend you bring a small note pad to take some basic notes....I forgot mine, but Nadia was nice to repeat things and was very kind). Thanks Nadia!!! Also, there was not too much 'walking' (my legs didn't get too tired), it was just right.

I would highly recommend this tour... I hope to be back to do a twilight tour.

Visited May 2014
BTP_London, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you for your comments about your photo tour with Nadia. We are glad you learned a lot on the way and enjoyed your time. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future, maybe for some night photography next time.

“Thank you Nadia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

My husband and I booked a portrait session at the Eiffel tower during our recent vacation and were very pleased with the results! Nadia was excellent. Our photos are beautiful and I love showing our pictures to family and friends. We also did a photo tour of Montmartre the next day. Although the weather didn't cooperate with us (it rained most of the morning) I had a wonderful time and learned a lot from Nadia.

Better Travel Photo is 5 stars--- booking was fast and easy, photographer was on time, easy to talk too, and results of portrait session amazing. Just do it---You won't be sorry!

Visited May 2014
BTP_London, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
It is great to hear you like to share the results of your portrait session with family and friends, and that you learned during the photo tour with Nadia despite the wet weather.
Continue to practice your new skills for more great photos at home and while travelling.
“Wonderful Memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I should have written this much sooner to emphasize how pleased we were with Better Travel Photos, but thought at least to share now versus not at all. I had discovered this option through the Today Show highlight and promptly booked as my husband and I were celebrating our 10th year anniversary with a trip to Paris in the summer of 2013.

I received a response from Better Travel Photo immediately and felt confident going into our designated date. With a confirmation email sent in advance, we planned to meet Catherine at the Louvre. She was prompt and easy to find, despite the sea of tourists. In the next few hours, she made us feel comfortable and at ease as we were photographed as tourists throughout Paris. Our photos came to us within 36 hours and we were so pleased with the memories captured from our trip!! There were so many to choose from! Asking a bystander to take the same pictures would not have resulted in the same effect and we're so, so glad we booked them to photograph our celebratory trip. In fact, I'm coming back to Paris with my mom and siblings and plan to reserve Better Travel Photos to capture this memorable, upcoming trip. I would highly recommend without hesitation- do you want the perfect photo to reflect your fantastic vacation? Better Travel Photos will do that for you!

Visited August 2013
BTP_London, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your portrait session with Catherine from a year ago. We are glad you like the photos and that they bring back good memories of you time in Paris. We already look forward to meeting you again with the rest of your family next time you are in Paris, or maybe in London since you can now also find us there.
Los Angeles, California
“Really Glad We Did This”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We did a half day tour with Brian in Paris in the Marais section of the city. It was sprinkling a bit so I was worried the shots wouldn't be great. He had multiple locations ready for us to go to and was very friendly and knowledgeable. I just got a new DSLR and was feeling extremely intimidated. I had an SLR before but only had used it on the Auto settings, so no real knowledge of all the settings.

I learned a ton and really enjoyed it too. I would say it’s been the highlight of our time in Paris. Brian is a wonderful and talented person. His teaching methods really increased my interest and love for photography, and within the first hour I felt my photos were much improved. I would take another lesson from Brian in a heartbeat -- his work is absolutely breathtaking and we feel lucky to have spent the time with him!

Visited May 2014
BTP_London, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments about your time with Brian. It means a lot to us to know the photo tour was the highlight of your time in Paris and that you learned a lot with Brian at your side. Continue to use your camera with confidence and have fun on your photography learning path. Don't be shy, stay in touch and share your photos with us!
Nuremberg, Germany
5 attraction reviews
“Always Learning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Having been to Paris many times I decided to invest in a "Classic Paris" photo session with Hermione. I wasn't disappointed!! We met outside The Louvre before opening time and Hermione gave me a crash course in the essentials of taking great photos. We then immediately put this into practice around The Louvre, Arc de Triomphe and then close to the Eiffel Tower. What I found particularly useful was comparing how Hermione composed her photos by moving into the right position and waiting patiently for the shot to come, rather than just snapping wildly which was my former tendency. She was extremely patient and had an excellent coaching style. I was sad when my half days tuition came to an end, but I then spent the rest of the afternoon practising and got some great shots. Highly recommended. Thanks Hermione and Good Luck back in London! Caroline

Visited May 2014
BTP_Sophie, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank you for your good words about the time you shared with Hermione during your photo tour in Paris. There is always something to learn in photography and we are glad you found your experience useful. We look forward to seeing you again either in Paris or in London where you will be able to meet Hermione again.