“Must do!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 726 Activities in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: From several hours to several days, Better Travel Photos (Paris) offers instructional photo tours and destination portrait sessions in Paris. During the tours our instructors and guides provide one-on-one tutoring tailored to the skill level of every participant, all while introducing the hidden and not so hidden gems of the City of Light. Try this fun and educational way to discover new places.
Chesterfield, Michigan
7 attraction reviews
“Must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is a must for anyone interested in photography, even if the knowledge is limited!

Manon was an amazing guide/teacher. Time went by very quickly and we learned so much! Manon really takes the time to analyze all of your photos and helps you figure out what can be changed and what you did right. She is so full of information that it was a joy spending our day with her. I am incredibly thankful we had the opportunity to work with Better Paris Photos!

BPPhoto, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your good words about Manon and the time you spent with her. This means a lot to us and we are happy you learned along her side. Good luck on your life long photographic journey and keep in touch by sending us photos once in a while.

Ottawa, Canada
“Portrait session with great memory”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We booked the Notre Dame and the Seine River portrait session with Elena more than a year ago. It was one of the best memories we had in Paris! Especially when we travel we don't have a lot of (good) pictures with both of us in. So glad Elena helped us to capture our wonderful trip in Paris :)

Visited July 2012
BPPhoto, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about the portrait session you had with our photographer, Elena. We hope you continue to enjoy those photos for the years to come, bringing back happy memories of your time in Paris.
Bermuda
“Pouring rain did not stop the show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had just landed at 2 pm that afternoon and went straight to a 3 hr Louvre tour. So when the rain started pouring down for an hour straight before my 9:30pm photography tour I was finding every excuse not to go. I was jet lagged and not in the mood. I went and Brian showed up on time and we both chatted for a half hour waiting for the rain to subside. Brian offered to organise a full refund if the rain kept pouring but magically it stopped and I was happy it did. Brian was enthusiastic and a very good teacher. I know very little about photography except to point, focus and shoot. He taught me about the rule of thirds, how to frame a picture and how to set aperture settings. I left the tour smiling and feeling like I got my money's worth for sure. Brian even made sure I got on the subway and on the correct train to my hotel in the Latin Quarter. Funny enough, I was on a City Centre Walking tour the very next morning and we passed through the courtyard of the Louvre and who do I bump into but Brian. It felt like I ran into an old friend.
If I revisit Paris I will definitely try to participate in a full day's tour.

Ron

BPPhoto, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
We certainly have had our share of rain this Spring! We are glad it stopped long enough for you to enjoy a night of photography with Brian and learned along his side. We look forward to seeing you again... You now have friends in Paris!
manila
3 attraction reviews
“Time well spent in Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

As a photography enthusiast, this was time and money well spent. I signed up for a half-day at Montmarte and I would say I would not have captured Montmarte the way I have if not for the super guidance and instruction by Brian Janssen. He shared very helpful and practical tips to take better photos as well as interesting information about the sights that we visited. What I especially like is the amount of time were given to take pictures and apply what we've learned. The critique and feedback sessions were very constructive too. I am more conscious now of how I frame my photos . I highly recommend Better Paris Photos and hope that I would someday be able to take the night photography class next time I'm in Paris.

BPPhoto, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your good words about your time in Montmartre with Brian. You will be able to use your new photography skills anywhere you go, at home or on a trip. We look forward to meeting you again in the future, maybe for a night session!
New Westminster, Canada
“Best Souvenir from Paris!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We booked months in advance a portrait session to celebrate our wedding anniversary in Paris. Michelle was a pleasure to work with in getting our portrait session booked and confirmed. Due to unfortunate weather, we had to postpone our original portrait session at a later date. BPP was accommodating and the process was seamless from booking to dealing with unexpected circumstances. Our session was fun and our photographer, Catherine, was so helpful in providing direction and tips for getting the best shots. We received our digital files a couple days later and had a fun viewing them while waiting for our flight home at the airport! We are so happy to have chosen Better Photos Paris to help us create a memorable first visit to Paris that will last through the years to come.

BPPhoto, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your portrait session with Catherine. We are glad you like the photos and hope they will bring back happy memories for the years to come.