“Picture Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 462 activities in Paris
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: From several hours to several days, Better Travel Photos (Paris) offers instructional photo tours and destination portrait sessions in Paris. During the tours our instructors and guides provide one-on-one tutoring tailored to the skill level of every participant, all while introducing the hidden and not so hidden gems of the City of Light. Try this fun and educational way to discover new places.
Toronto, Canada
“Picture Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

If you love to travel AND take pictures of the places you visit, but perhaps at times are disappointed with the results in capturing those memories, I can highly recommend participating in one of Better Paris Photos workshops. Not only will you learn some helpful composition tips but also will become a master in command of your DSLR in just a few days. All of those tools that simply make for a better picture (aperture, shutter speed, ISO, histogram, exposure compensation and white balance) are carefully explained with patience and enthusiasm by Manon and Sophie, your instructors, while wandering through very distinct parts of Paris over the course of three days and one evening session. I was fortunate to have shared this with five other female photographers who all had the same goal in mind-getting off of AUTO mode! Success! The only complication I can foresee if you have not been to Paris before is that you are required to meet at different Metro stations daily which may require some familiarity with the city if you are using public transit. Otherwise a very valuable and educational course that I would highly recommend to any photo buff if you find yourself in the City of Light with a few days to fill.

BPPhoto, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about the 3 day workshop you recently attended. It was fun to see the group learn and progress together. Continue to practice with self assignments and stay in touch!

Shreveport, Louisiana
10 attraction reviews
“A MUST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

this is a must no matter what level photographer you are. I was so amazed that in just one day what all i learned from elena. we practiced different techniques ( motion blur, zoom in and out blur, depth of field) we went to places for pictures i never would have thought of. All I can say is i LOVED LOVED LOVED this tour.

BPPhoto, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent photo tour with BPP, and with Elena specifically. Knowing our participants go home with new photography skills is important to us. Continue to practice and have fun with your camera!
Cairo, Egypt
“Paris+Photo+Perfect Group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was lucky to be part of the 3-day workshop with the perfect tutors - Sophie & Manon - and the perfect students. It was my first visit to Paris, and I wanted to take shots of the lovely city without the disappointment of not using my camera as it should be used, and having the beauty I see captured on my memory card. Sophie and Manon treated every one on her own pace. I took it easy as I was so happy with the results I never expected would accomplish in short time, with simplified instructions for my complicated camera!
It was the time of my life! The thrill is also about going to places and strolling with your camera, with no map, we're going to wonderful places with a couple of Parisian ladies who know how to make your day (and your perfect shots).
Keep it up BPP

BPPhoto, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your good words. It was rewarding for Manon and I to see your progress over the days during the workshop. There is still much more to learn of course... Continue to practice and keep up the good work! Thanks again for joining us.
New Jersey
“3 Day Workshop -Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Just came back from the 3 day photo workshop run by Sophie and Manon. Everything about it was spectacular. Everyday we explored at least 2 different neighborhoods including the Louvre and Place de Concorde for night photography. I had been using my camera on the auto mode before the workshop but not now! I learned so much. They made it so easy to understand my camera and worked individually with each of the 6 participants so that each person got the help they needed. This is not only a great learning experience, it's a great way to see Paris. Do it!

Visited April 2013
BPPhoto, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments. It means a lot to us to know you learned lots and enjoyed the photography workshop. We look forward to seeing more of your photos in the future too!
Lake Forest, California
“"Learning and Loving Paris by Night"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We scheduled a night tour, focusing on the Eiffel Tower. We met with Manon on the Pont Alexandre III bridge just after 8pm. (Sunset was around 8:45.) It had rained ALL day, and we were worried about how the evening would turn out. But, luck was on our side, and the clouds broke a couple of hours before we met. That made for a fantastic set of views from the bridge.

From my husband:
I am an experienced photographer, and Manon was quickly giving me advice that pushed my capabilities above and beyond. She is an excellent guide, and very knowledgeable. She helped me understand how White Balance can be a tool to create artistic effects. She also educated me on the how the aperture can cause the star effects on lights. Who knew!?!?! (Well, I guess I could have read that somewhere…) The result is that took a series of some of the most beautiful photographs I have ever taken! Thank you Manon! (See our best photos at http://nightscape.smugmug.com)
At 11pm, when we had travelled to the Trocadéro to get a different vantage point, it had just started to rain again, putting an end to our evening (our choice – Manon was willing to keep going, but we had gotten wet all day and didn’t want any more!) We will definitely book again!

Visited April 2013
BPPhoto, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your experience with Manon despite the difficult weather this Spring. Yes, who needs filters and software when you can create a start effect within the camera!! We'll be happy to meet you again next time you are in Paris.