“Great location & good value for money” 4 of 5 stars

L'Hotel Particulier
Rue Cremieux, 75012 Paris, France (Reuilly)   |
Ranked #572 of 1,792 Hotels in Paris
Pila, Poland
“Great location & good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We spent 5 nights at Rue Cremieux 15. The studio is located a few minutes walk from Gare de Lyon railway station where you can get straight from CDG airport by Line 4 shuttle service. As mentioned by many raters the flat is very tiny but after one day you conclue that you do not need anything more when you spend most of your time outside. Very good and swift communication with the owner by email & mobile (thanks Daniel :-)). From the place you can do a very nice walk along the Seine River to Notre Dame and Louvre. If you want to cook yourself you can get what you need at e.g. Carreffour store which is located at a walking distance. The only think I could complain a bit is no WiFi which today is almost a must but...nothing is perfect... :-) I definitely recommend staying a L'Hotel Particulier during your Paris experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My sister and I stayed at this property for 3 nights. It had a great location close the the metro and on a very cute street. When we arrived to check in (which I had confirmed over email prior to be between 12:00 and 13:00) at 12:30, no one was present. We waited outside for twenty minutes and I attempted emailing the owner. By 13:10 I placed what I'm sure was a very expensive phone call to see what was going on. The owner gave me instructions on how to get into the building and set up a new time to collect our payment- which he never did appear for instead sending someone else to get our money. The friend who was very polite could not answer most of our questions about the hotel and the area surrounding. The room itself was nothing like I've seen on trip advisor (where I did all my pre booking research). We were on the ground floor and the room was small, cramped, with none of the cute decor you will see on the pictures. The bathroom shower curtain was mildewing caused the whole room to stink. Walking into the bathroom was horrible because of the smell. The shower continuously overflowed the basin when using it. You would have to turn off the water every minute to let the basin drain before continuing your shower so that the floors didn't get soaked. We kept our luggage later then check out on our last day which was appreciated, but overall this hotel was nothing like what I was expecting and I was quite disappointed by it. It was well priced, but I could've stayed somewhere just a cheap that was clean. Other downsides were no wifi, and no laundry facilities. We were told by the check in friend that Gare de Lyon had wifi- we went there and had zero luck getting any (even at the restaurants that advertised it that we were paying money to be in). Overall not what I had expected and I'm not overly picky- was disappointed by the lack of 'cuteness' I had anticipated but was truly grossed out by the bathroom smell.

Stayed July 2014
San Dimas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Located between Bastille and Gare de Lyon this is the perfect residence for anyone looking to immerse themselves in the Parisian way of life. Its located on a small pedestrian only street full of families and people going about their everyday lives. BE AWARE, this is not a hotel. You are renting a small studio apt with a bed and a kitchenette. If this is what you are looking to discover in Paris and dont mind the missing comfort of an ordinary hotel, then I would HIGHLY suggest L'Hotel Particulier. There is no Wi-Fi so get ready to disconnect and enjoy where you are at!

Daniel, the owner, was very accommodating at the time of my arrival, which was a bit late. He emailed me the code to the front door and was able to leave the key in my room which he left unlocked. At a later time in the week an assistant came by and collected my payment. Also know that they accept only euro as there is no ability to take card. There is a cleaning service that came by and gave me fresh towels, but I'm unsure about the regularity of their visits.

All in all I couldent have been happier to stay at such a fun place like L'Hotel Particulier. I was backpacking across Europe and found it enjoyable to have the opportunity to cook in my room, have the windows open 24/7 and eat my meal at my small table with a bottle of wine.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Noosa, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

After reading Trip adviser reviews I selected the L'Particulier Hotel to suit my travelling companions financial requirements .
When travelling alone on business I usually book 4 star, so this was a refreshing change for me the hotel is great value with cute little rooms, clean linens , good water pressure, nice hot showers ,hair dryer, heated towel racks, and a pleasant view out of the windows into the street.
The kitchenette has 2 hot plates , some basic cutlery and a fridge which is a bonus .
The only thing missing was a toaster and electric kettle , but we did not really need them.
No TV which I did not miss because we were out and about most of the day and night.
We booked two separate rooms my friend preferred the ground floor room and I liked the first floor room.
Daniel is not only very good looking but is helpful and a genuinely nice person.
We arranged the time of our arrival with him by email , no problems there.

He opened the front door and greeted us with a warm smile on our arrival and helped us with our cases .
The studio apartment is a short walking distance to a small supermarket , pharmacy , Gare de Lyon and there is a really famous little Bistro called A la Biche Au Bois close by.
The little street is more reminiscent of being in a French village , so lovely.
RER from CDG airport is € 9.70 to Gare de Lyon ,and it is an easy walk to the Place Des Vosges and the Bastille . All in all great value , we had 8 nights at L'Particulier and we enjoyed our stay.
Thank you Daniel, for all your kind help .

Room Tip: If you have a problem with narrow staircases , book a ground floor room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We arrived at our street after a very early Eurostar from London, totally in awe of the beauty of it, to find our apartment to be in one of the quaintest buildings you could ever hope to stay at in a big city like Paris, and that's coming from my boyfriend who is originally from Paris! It was easy to find, even though he is fluent in French. It's off a main street (Rue de Bercy). The cleaners were there at the time, so they let us in and told us to choose a room. We chose the 1st floor room to the right, as it was slightly bigger than the one to the left. The decoration was very nice and modest, with nice plain walls and hints of Parisian culture here and there. My favourite part of the room was the big windows that open wide and let you look out onto the beautiful Rue Crémieux, which you find is a tourist attraction in itself. The apartment had a small hot plate which we never used. We were out for all of our meals, even breakfast, which I highly advise. The food in France is to die for. However, if you do want to cook, the kitchen area is very clean in general, you have basic utensils and a very spacious fridge, which we did use for water/orangina/beer etc. as the weather was very hot (35 degrees celsius) for most of our trip. The bathroom was fine, with a roomy shower (with a great water pressure), sink, toilet and a heated towel rack! It smelt a tiny bit damp as most hotel bathrooms do, but what do you expect from a room with no window? It didn't affect the smell in the room at all, as long as you keep the door closed while you go out like we do. The location of the hotel is brilliant. Only about a 3 minute walk from Gare de Lyon metro and mainline train station, as well as in walking distance of Canal Saint Martin (which has nice restaurants), Place de la Bastille, the Seine and actually the proper centre of the city if you don't mind a really long walk and the weather is not too hot/cold/rainy like it was when we went. If you don't want to travel for dinner there are a lot of restaurants near the apartments, as well as a supermarket (Monoprix). The only issue I had was that there are a lot of homeless immigrant families living around Paris, and whilst I feel sorry for them, it really did affect my overall view of the area, even though it was generally lovely. The owner of the hotel, Daniel, is very friendly and gave us the option to leave our luggage in the spare room on our last day, as we weren't getting the Eurostar back to London until 17:15. Overall, brilliant, and we will definitely be back some time soon.

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor. We were allowed to choose as we were the first there, but we chose...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Our second floor room (on right) up a spiral flight of stairs was, indeed, cramped. And yet we overlooked one of the cutest and quietest streets (Cremieux) just 2 blocks from GARE Lyon. And then, too, this pad is maybe six blocks from Bastille, ten blocks from Jardin de Plantes and the pleasant Open Air sculpture embankment (frequently a music and dance scene) on Seine. Great price for fine location but surely is not for the fastidious elite who seek luxury on vacation.
Needed help to work stove top burners, but we appreciated having mini fridge and this cooking option. Curtains in our room left a foot of material on the flloor, quite simple for owner to rectify before you visit.
Major side street 50 meters from Hotel - Rue Lyon which leads to the GARE - could NOT be heard from our very quiet room but the litter on that street (Rue Lyon) was disheartening. Oh, key note: must contact by phone owner close to or upon arrival as there is no front desk. And payment must be in cash.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

This is not really a hotel as such, it is a lovely terraced house on a quaint, cobbled street (see picture) offering self catering accommodation in the heart of Paris.

The location was perfect as many have said, just a stone's throw from Gare de Lyon Station and walking distance to the Seine and many other attractions. Lots of Bistros and Brasseries nearby, plus an ATM and super market for supplies.

Our room was small but perfect as a base to explore Paris. It was very clean and nicely decorated, with a double bed, en suite shower and toilet and kitchenette (electric hob, sink, fridge and basic cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery). It was accessed by a rather steep, rickety spiral stair case (not suitable for those with mobility issues) in keeping with the character of the property and over looked the other pretty, pastel coloured houses on Rue Cremieux.

The owner/manager of L'Hotel Particulier, Mr Alexandre Daniel, was equally charming and very helpful when our train into Paris was delayed on the evening we arrived. There is no reception or staff on site overnight, but he was easily contactable by phone, spoke excellent English, and arranged for our keys to be left at the property with instructions and a code to enter.

Very good value for money and the location was second to none, I would stay here again in a heart beat!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to L'Hotel Particulier? Share your experiences!