“Very comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #220 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Shanghai
“Very comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The location is a bit far from metro station. But the rooms are very comfortable - nice balcony door, spacious clean bed room and bath room, The staff are very nice and helpful. We have very nice 4 nights stay here with a big family. Thank you. Special mention a pizza restaurant ( DA VINCI) 20 meters down the road. We had our best pizza in our life.

Room Tip: Special mention a pizza restaurant ( DA VINCI) 20 meters down the road. We had our best pizza in our...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
jpshotel, Front Office Manager at Home Moderne, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Hello

Thank you for your nice comment!

I've never tried the Da Vinci Restaurant, I will try next time.

Thank you again.

Julie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Polish first
Summit, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Very nice, very modern hotel. It's a little remote from the center of Paris by Metro, but not unacceptably so. The hotel was very clean, the staff most helpful, and the rates by Paris standards quite low. Metro stations are reasonably close. There are several good bistros near the hotel, as well as several cafes open for breakfast. The rooms are very, very small and one would suggest that large people think about that. My wife and I are around 5'7", and while we found our room somewhat cramped we had no particular problem with it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello

Thank you for your positive review!

Rooms are very small, it is a fact in Paris :)

However, we have different type of rooms, you might ask for a suite next time.

Julie
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Our first visit to Paris was made even more enjoyable by staying at your hotel. The room was a little small but the tarrif was extremely good. The hotel was clean and the staff wonderful. We were close to the metro and the bus stopped outside the door. The Sunday markets, just down the road, were the best we had seen. Congratulations on a fine hotel and a big thank you to the staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
jpshotel, Responsable commercial at Home Moderne, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
A big thank you for your kindness and this great comment!

We hope you will come back to visit us again!

The front desk!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our time in Paris in this hotel, well priced, decent size rooms and good location. We were here during a French holiday and went to the Eiffel Tower to see fireworks and public transportation was a nightmare after the event. We decided to walk back to our hotel instead and it was a nice walk! Very well maintained property and friendly staff. Close to bus and metro stops as well. We didn't get the breakfast option because we felt 10 euros was a bit much for breakfast per person when there are so many restaurants and cafes in the surrounding area. Overall, a good place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013
Hello

We are very happy you choose our hotel for your honeymmon!

We wish you the best for your life and we hope to welcome you for your first anniversary!

The 14th of July is the national day and it is just crazy to take the metro, you were right to come back by walk!

Thank you again for your nice feedback.

Best regards

The front desk
Fishers, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We took the Eurostar from London and stayed in this hotel on recommendations on Trip Advisor. It is in a neighborhood with several bakeries nearby, thus insuring a fresh pain au chocolat each morning. The room was a fairly standard European room-- small bathroom and a couple beds. The rooms were clean and kept clean by an efficient staff. The internet was a bit flaky in that your log in expired daily which required you to go down to the desk for a new one each day. We had two rooms-- one for the girls and one for the boys-- and they were on different floors. I have to say that the cost for these rooms were much lower than ones that were nearer the center of town.
There is a spiral staircase if you want to walk up or a small elevator when you want to move your luggage. There is also a restaurant next door.
The biggest problem we had was the distance to the Metro stop. It took us at least 15 minutes to get to one and probably closer to 20 minutes. If you take the trolley/tram-- which is 10 minutes- you can get to a Metro station without as much walking. We used the Convention stop - line # 12- but if you use the trolley, you can get to line # 13 and get on and off at Port de Vanves. You can also use the trolley to access the train to get to Charles DeGaulle or perhaps Versailles. So, take a left out of the hotel door and go up the hill to the trolley or go right and walk downhill for 20 minutes to get to the Convention station.
We enjoyed our time in Paris and we liked being in a neighborhood hotel. It was a nice enough place to rest our heads after a long day of riding the Metro and seeing the sights.

Room Tip: Buy a Metro pass to help get around. We bought the Navigo Descouvertes and supplied our own pictur...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Homemoderne75, Responsable réception at Home Moderne, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Client

Thank you for your nice post!

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we will be happy to keep in touch with you through our facebook page!

While you were here, we had some trouble with our internet system, it has been fixed now

Thank you for all directions you gave , it should be helpful

Claire and Guillaume
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I am one of those travelers who spends way too much time reading reviews of hotels, restaurants, etc. before making a decision. I had to spend one night in Paris before catching a flight the following morning in early July, and I did not want to spend much just for a place to sleep. I found the Home Moderne on Tripadvisor and booked it based on the rave reviews. Anxious about choosing a two star hotel, I still kept looking at three star possibilities until the time for cancellation passed. I was also a bit concerned about the location of the hotel in light of my itinerary for the evening I arrived. I am delighted that I did not cancel and that I spent a night at the Home Moderne.

My single room was small, but with a double bed rather than a twin. All of the amenities I desired were there, however. Ironically, I had spent the previous night in a five star hotel in Tunis. Certainly the five star was very nice and more plush. However, one of the curious discoveries was that there were insufficient electric outlets in the room, making it difficult to plug in my laptop and my phone. In contrast, Home Moderne provided several easily accessible outlets. It is a little thing, but an important one.

The staff was great, both a woman with whom I conversed in French and a gentlemen who spoke excellent English. Again there were little things that I really appreciated. I was given the log in and password for the Internet at the time of check-in, so I did not have to go searching for it or call the desk for it. In addition, when I checked in the staff person asked if I wanted anything to drink--something I really appreciated, as I had a horrendous time getting to the hotel (bad directions given to me at the airport) and I was hot and bedraggled when I arrived. The cost of my Perrier at 2 euros was a bargain. Later when I sought directions for getting to Charles de Gaulle the next morning, I received a map and clear, flawless directions.

The typical French breakfast the next morning was excellent. Had I more time the following morning, I might have wandered to find a boulangerie instead, but I was happy to pay the additional charge for breakfast because of the convenience and because the rate for the hotel was so reasonable.

My only minor complaint was that the shower is in fact very small, and it uses a curtain rather than a glass or plastic door. I could not seem to shower without leaving a substantial puddle on the floor, but it was easy enough to absorb with my bathmat.

The hotel is a bit off the beaten track with regard to major sites, but nevertheless in a pleasant enough area. With the superb Paris Metro, however, you can get to wherever you want to go in short order.

I would like to share the best way to get to the hotel, It took me an hour from Orly and it should have taken half that.

From Orly take the Orlyval, a smaller train that will take you to Antony. At Antony board the B3 line, or any of the other B lines. Take the B3 to the Cite Universitaire stop. Exit the Metro and catch the tram that runs along the street in the direction of Port de Garigliano. Go a fewstops to Port de Vanve.

From Charles de Gaulle, take the B3 line to Cite Universitaire. From there step out and take the tram in the direction of Port de Garigliano. Go just a few stops to Port de Vanve. You will be on Boulevard Lefebvre. Do not cross the Boulevard, but rather walk down Rue Brancion to the hotel, about 10 minutes.

A word of warning. When I was given directions from the airport and even at the Metro information desk, I went from the B3 line to the No. 4 line to the No. 12 line and as still about 1.2 kilometers from the hotel. The directions above leave an easy 10 minute walk to the hotel and, of course, provide the closest Metro access.

In short, the hotel is an incredibly easy trip from either airport. Unfortunately I was sent on a circuitous route involving three metros and rush hour madness at Les Halles.

Hopefully HomeModerne has some triple rooms for my next visit with my family. If you want to see Paris on a budget without sacrificing comfort and service, check out the Home Moderne.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

We are very pleased you enjyed your stay with us, and we will be happy to welcome you again with your family!

In France we must have a certain numbers of blugs in the room, it is an obligation to get the stars.

Our staff do their best to be nice and useful, it is a pleasure for us to help our customers.

We are very happy you noticed the breakfast, some people think it is too expensive but as you wrote, there is lot of choice and 10 € is a nice rate.

About the shower, you are right, it is very small, and we might put a door instead of a curtain.

We all thank you for all the tips you gave to future customers and we are waiting for your next stay!

Best regards

Claire et Guillaume

Been to Home Moderne? Share your experiences!