“Good Value, Service? See who you meet” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   61, rue Brancion, 75015 Paris, France   |
Ranked #249 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore
“Good Value, Service? See who you meet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

I stayed here for 5 nights in December based on TA's recommendation.

It's clean, looks new and in a good neighborhood with bakeries etc. great value.

Downside :

1) you get great service if William or Zacky is at the desk. If it happens to be Gilles or Claire, go back another time. On two occasions I have requested that Gilles booked the airport shuttle for me. On both occasions (both at about 9 pm),he said come back the next morning to ask the colleague in the morning shift. I told him your brochure displayed on the front desk said the booking hotline opens till 11pm. He was stumped and said the information is wrong. Please, it's a brochure framed next to your TA award. One evening I asked if his colleague in the morning shift left any message to confirm my airport shuttle, he said again come back next morning and when I insisted that he checks the message booklet he started mumbling in French with a clearly irritated face(cursing or what I dont know)  On another night I called from room to clarify how to make a local call. His set of instructions were the same as I previously did. In any case I tried, didn't work, called the front desk again a few times and he longer answers it.

I am out of hotel from 8 am to 9 pm so if Gilles is not night shift (which he was on most nights), I get no help.

I also tried asking Claire to book airport shuttle. She called one provider which was unavailable and proceeded to book a cab, only Zacky tried two other companies. When I asked if she could call more providers, she gave a couple of "I don't know ".

So if you don't need to struggle with heavy luggage and bad service from some staff, go for it.

• Stayed December 2011
homemoderneParis, Responsable réception at Home Moderne, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Dear Madam, Sir,

We're pleased that you spend a good time in our hotel.

I remember when you asked for a shuttle the day of christmas, unfortunately we looked and call for many companies to know if they had avaibilities. Most of them were already fully booked as I respond to you. One can take you but for a really high price ( I think), that's why I told you to take a taki which was really cheaper. Hopefully your husband understood what i was trying to explains and took the cab.
We are sorry if we can't find your hapiness.

For your phone there was a technical problem, that I resolved the same day.

However we hope you enjoy our beautiful city.

Best regards

Claire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Polish first
Minsk, Belarus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

We stayed here in September. Great hotel! Spacious, clean and cosy room, clean and comfortable bathroom with modern facilities, friendly and courteous staff.
The hotel is rather far away from the center, but there is a stop near it. A bus takes you straight to the Louvre or the Pantheon. The metro is in 15 minutes walk. Near the hotel there is a park, a large grocery store and cooking. Booking on offers is a good opportunity to get excellent accommodation for the low price. We were very pleased with our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
homemoderneParis, Front Office Manager at Home Moderne, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Dear Guests,

That such a joy to read this kind of comment !
We are really pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay.

Looking forward to see you soon.

Best regards

Zeki, Guillaume, Claire
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

my partner and i stayed at the hotel for 3 nights from Decmeber the 12th our main reason for the stay was to see Coldplay in concert at the Paris Bercy Arena, the Bercy is only a few stops on the metro from Porte de Vanves about 10 minutes walk fro the hotel.

This was our first trip to Paris and we wanted the luxury of a clean modern hotel which didn't cost the earth. with Home Moderne this is exactly what we got. the entrance to the hotel is spotless clean and clutter free which gave a good first impression. our room was perfect, adequate size, very clean and the bed was very comfy. the bathroom was also a good size,very clean with a lovely shower. i liked the fact there was a safe in the wardrobe to keep all our belongings safe.

I read reviews that this hotel was too far from Paris main attractions, the fact that you can see the Eiffel tower from the street where the hotel is, says it all i think. the metro is a 10 minute walk from the hotel from there all the main attractions of Paris are a short journey. the neighborhood that the hotel is situated is very quiet perfect to get away from all the crowds and the noise at the end of a busy day in paris. the area also feels very safe and had plenty of restaurants, patisseries and supermarkets.

finally the staff at the hotel were very friendly an helpful. the gave us advice on [places to eat and shop around Paris and also made sure that we knew exactly how to get back to the airport at the end of out stay.

i would highly recommend this hotel and would defiantly stay here again if i visit Paris

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

Great hotel, friendly and helpful staff. Stayed in a twin room with my best friend and the rooms are big enough for two people. Rooms cleaned well everyday. Decent sized bathroom with good shower. Large wardrobe big enough for all our belongings and a safe for valuables inside it. Also a television which was free and picked up many channels if you want a lazy evening. Great value room for a decent sized room in Paris. Not too far from metro station to get to the main tourist attractions, and very close to restaurants, shops and express supermarkets. Neighbourhood quite quiet, not as busy as the centre of Paris, and it felt safer too. Would definitely stay here again and I recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
san diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Home Moderne for a week in October 2011. This is a great value for Paris. The room, while not large, was bigger than other hotels in Paris that we have used.
It was big enought for our bags, for a table for the computor, and for us to keep out of each other's way. The bath was the same, not large, but adequate for two old people. The room was quiet, probably I asked for one, it was is the back of the hotel and the hotel's location.
The reception staff spoke English and were helpful when we asked for information or recommendations . Breakfast was 8 euros and worth it.

The location on rue Brancion is a residential area. There are a couple grocery stores close by from a small one open all the time 20 feet away to a very large one with everything 500 yards away. There are at least 6 pastisseries within a quarter mile, one open any day of the week, and half our breakfasts were simply delicious.

There are several very good restaurants, in the 65 to 76 euro for two range, within walking distance

Two buses run by the front door, both from Montparnasse train station but different routes.
The only down side is the nearest metro station, in fact there are three stations, are one third of a mile away. A bus runs on rue de Vouille, 250 yards away, to the most convenient station, Convention, every ten minutes or so. Rue de Vouille is a shopping street with open markets twice a week and a wonderful walk if the weather is good.

On a last note, the hotel does not have any stars on the front. This might be because it looks like it has just been remodelled. It should be a two star( ensuite rooms and an elevator) hotel.

Room Tip: AQsk for a quiet room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

Even if the rooms are a bit small like all Paris city hotels, that was a very clean hotel and transportation is easy, 3-4 mn. wlk to tramway and metro and a bus going to Louvre and Opera Building passes just in front of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Fontana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

I read some of the reviews, and was sad to see people have crazy expectations. They want a hotel in the middle of Paris, with giant rooms, for less than 300 Euro a night? It's not going to happen.

Hotel Home Modern is not in the middle of Paris, but that's why it appealed to me. The area is quiet, and not quite as busy as other areas in Central Paris. The Metro is not close, but it's not very far either. We were there for 5 days, and bought the Unlimited metro pass, which was a life saver. There wasn't a single day where we didn't take the over the road tram (which is about a 10 minute walk) to one of the metro stations. If you can't walk more than 10 minutes, honestly, Paris is not for you.

Anyway, more on the hotel...on the exterior, looking at it, you wouldn't know what to expect, but once you get inside, you get the feeling that it really is a lot more modern than what the building appears to be. The lady at the front desk was VERY helpful, and spoke English very well. Once we got to our room, we were even more pleasantly surprised.

You see, in Paris, hotels are not usually in new buildings, and Paris is one of the most visited places in the world, so hotel rooms are small, to get the most out of buildings. For what a single cost in the middle of Paris, you get a very modern, clean, and comfortable "suite". There's no microwave in the room, which is the only thing we wish we would have had, but the mini fridge is decent, the bed is comfortable, and the bathroom (with a separate toilet) was very nice.

There's a bakery in the corner, which is quite good. There's also a bar/cafe across from that who serves a pretty good bacon cheeseburger and fries. A couple doors down, there's a fruit and vegetable stand, with a small convenience store inside, and there are a few restaurants before you reach the end of the block. There's also a laundromat on the same block, which is quite convenient.

Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend Hotel Home Modern. My wife and I loved it!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Home Moderne? Share your experiences!