“wonderful weekend break” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 1,796 hotels in Paris
Taunton, United Kingdom
“wonderful weekend break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

just returned fro celebrating a very special birthday w/end at this hotel and have to commend the entire staff on their helpfulness and happy manner. they couldn't do enough for us and even managed to get a cake on the sunday , and decorated it with candles and presented it to my wife at breakfast with a chorus from all the staff of happy birthday in French.

although the rooms are a bit small, they are very well designed and have items like spa baths with colours lights, ambient room lighting and intimate French décor.

breakfast was buffet, but had more than enough choice and it was constantly being refreshed , there was also a choice of freshly cooked to order eggs in every manner you could wish for.

we were even upgraded the 2nd night to the best room in the hotel, so a great big thankyou to all the staff for making my wifes special birthday stay such a brilliant weekend.

my last comment is oo la la to the secret de paris hotel

Room Tip: all well designed but the artistes rooms on top floor are much more spacious
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Colin,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay in our hotel on such a special occasion!
I am thrilled to read that we contribute in making your wife anniversary a memorable one. You are too nice about our singing skills :) We need more practice!!

I look forward welcoming you again.

826 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Rhodes, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Thank u for everything specially to willmore and carolaine!! Thank u for making this trip a real pleasure, thank you for being there in everything we wanted.You deserve the place you are and you should be a five star boutique hotel. Discovered by tripadvisor i was really afraid if everything was really and they where really at final! Thats the result if you combine the most clever sweet and worm decoration with the best stuff ever!and when we mean stuff we mean everybody from the director till the girls at service!when you see the manager serving her self often the clients at the breakfast the show that they take their job really sirious!excellent rooms the size and the view never was a point in this hotel since everything they where perfect! Cleaned everyday the whole room also the bathroom without asking welcomed drings when we arrived complimentary water fruits and juice big plasma tvs with more than 50 channels azzaro shower gel in the bathroom,you ask something (taxi confirmation of bookings museum tickets advises complimentary tips)and you have them in seconds with pleasure.They spend time with you they want to know you as a person and not as client!best breakfast ever best juice ever specially the apple one best omellette ever best coffe in paris!in breakast you had anything you wish until 11 and 12 until sundays in a number thats not boring from choices. 5 minutes walk from opera 10 from lafayett stores 25 around stores bistros washing stores super markets shops. Quiet street with no traffic what else do you want more?i could writte more but you should discoverd more by your self!!good job guys you put the glasses to the hype fancy arrogant hotels!!! It was a pleasure THANK U AGAIN

Stayed November 2013
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Dimitris,

I would like to start by saying that YOU ARE MOST WELCOME!!! It was a real pleasure for the team and myself to meet you and your wife. I am really glad that you had such a nice time with us and I should be the one thanking you for all your kind words and compliments.
Be assured that I will pass on your thanks to each team member.

I have taken note, next stay, Musée d'Orsay will be here waiting for you :)

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Secret de Paris hotel was in a great location, had brilliant service and made our stay very enjoyable an relaxed. Perfect for short break as a couple or friends/ solo/ business. Free wireless connection an reasonably prices drinks. Fast room service and great staff team.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

This review is a bit overdue as I wanted to write it immediately upon my return to the U.S. My husband and I stayed at Secret de Paris October 2-10, 2013. Having never been to Europe before I was unsure where to stay and did not want to stay at the usual chain hotel as we wanted to experience Paris and not feel like just another guest among a sea of a hundred. A colleague of mine gave me about five hotels that he knew about or had stayed in and they were all sold out (back in February 2013). So after days of reading numerous reviews on TripAdvisor, I picked Secret de Paris. Well I did a really good job of choosing the right place for us to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary! It was perfect! Although it was small, we were fine with that as we expected it as we heard that all rooms in Paris are small. It was very clean and seemed new! We stayed in the Eiffel Tower room and it had a rain shower and the bed was very comfortable. Free internet was great too! The staff were phenomenal!! Wilman provided exceptional customer service! I called a week before we arrived asking questions about amenities as well as a trip to Normandy and he was so helpful. He made our stay so comfortable and took care of our daily needs. He really cares about his job and the guests. Vitoria was also very helpful as well as Irene. Anything we needed, they were more than accommodating. We do not speak any French and they helped us daily with recommendations and directions. This hotel is two blocks from the Metro and easy to get to. If you stay here, you won't be disappointed.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Hope,

Thank you so much for remembering our little Secret and writing a wonderful comment about your stay on Tripadvisor. We got lucky that all the hotels recommended by your friend were full :)
Willman and the team were delighted to be able to make your stay an enjoyable one and are very touched that you even remembered their names!
We hope to see you again.

Caroline & the SDP team
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel for a short break, after having spent our main holidays this year in other countries, we can honestly say that this was the best hotel we have stayed in to date.
We arrived earlier than expected, but the persons on the reception desk were quite happy to keep our luggage safe for us until we could check in leaving us to start exploring Paris. When we arrived back at the hotel, (they had already taken our luggage to our room) they gave us a tour of the hotel before guiding us to our room. Our immediate impression of the hotel was the incredible interior design, cleanliness, professionalism and pride which both staff and hotel presented.
Our room was stunning (room 36), decorated to symbolise the French Opera, with a mini fridge, flat screen TV with channels in various languages, comfortable bed which felt brand new, lighting you could personally adjust throughout the room as well as bathroom, a desk, cupboard space and the bathroom which had a hot-tub / bath large enough for two people. It also had a shower.

We found the staff to be excellent, as they were friendly, approachable, knowledgeable and always seemed willing to go that extra step to ensure our stay was a pleasant one, for example offering me the use of an umbrella when it unexpectedly started raining just as we were going out or remembering where my husband and I had said we were going to tour and asking us about it when we returned.
An occasion arose during our tour of Paris, when I desperately needed the assistance of a translator, and a lady at the reception desk was brilliant in carrying this out - so I would like to say a huge thank you to her. It can be quite daunting to be in a country where the main language is not your own, but if you are as fortunate as we were to be staying at the Secret de Paris this was not an issue and we were supported and felt completely in good hands.
In our line of work, we know a huge amount of people that travel between London and Paris and would now only recommend this hotel to them.
Neither my husband nor I had an issue with any of the staff's English, and particularly as we do not speak a word of French we all communicated perfectly well and all the directions they gave us, as well as suggestions and hints about where to find hidden 'treasures' in Paris was greatly appreciated.
This was our first trip to Paris as a couple, and we fully believe we will not come across another hotel of this standard, and therefore will continue to come back to this same hotel.
Excellent!

Dear Aleisha,

I am extremely grateful that you took the time to write such a lovely review, with a great amount of details about our rooms and service. Be assured that I printed out your comment and hanged it in our back office for everyone to see!! You brought a big smile on each team member's face and for that I only have two words: THANK YOU.

This was your first trip, and I hope there will be many more to come!

Caroline & the SDP team
manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Nice little hotel. Service is good. Rooms quite small with a tiny desk so not great for the business traveller. Decor and design is amazing, really very cool, loved it. I stayed in The Eiffel Tower room. Staff are friendly but could do with speaking better English, especially in Paris the tourist centre! I'm only staying one night, it's great for a stopover but if i was staying longer i would look for a hotel with a bigger room and bathroom. Great big TV and music system. All in all it's a lovely hotel, I would not say amazing but very good.

Room Tip: Eiffel Tower 14 room is pretty small. It's cosy and only has a shower with glass rooms into the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear tk7575,

I am very grateful for your feedback and also that you took the time to give me some more details about the English skills of one of our team member. Be assured that some training will be provided to have the entire team speaking excellent english!
For your next visit, I would recommend one of our Atelier d'Artiste room, which is larger in size and equiped with a big desk for you to work on, along with our Free high-speed wifi access.

With kind regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Firstly I looked on tripadvisor for the reviews and everyone leaves brilliant reviews. As we have just got home now I thought I would leave my opinion! We got a taxi from Paris oryl which was €15 per person if you find the information desk exiting the airport it is a set prices as others are in the taxi together but it is a set price. When arriving to the hotel it looked amazing! We checked in later in the day as as we arrived early and the room was not available so they kept out luggage safe!. We returned about 7pm to check in and our case was all ready in our room! The staff are so friendly and go out of their way to help! A lovely lady showed us to our room musee room! And explained everything about the hotel and the rooms! It was amazing! Every single bit! We were given complimentary drinks water and orange in the room! We then went to see the moulin rouge which is walking distance of about 5 minutes or less! So this hotel is a great location for that! We then went to Disney land on Saturday morning and the man on reception showed us which routes to take and even when we walked out down the road he came running out to tell us where to eat! The staff are brilliant and go out of their way! Even when we returned later from the moulin rouge we ordered champagne to the room and they brung it! They are amazing! I cannot fault this hotel one bit! The breakfasts is a good choice to they will ask do you want scrambled egg and bacon and it was lovely! Didn't try the pancakes but looked amazing! We asked for a booked taxi for our flight home on the Sunday it was a private taxi costing €65 but it was so much easier than the metro/underground as we only used it for Disney and it's just like London! I would rate this hotel very high! The best part after all the walking was to come back to a jet tub! Amazing! Loved it! Thank you. Wish to come back soon!

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Marshy,

What an amazing review!! There isn't much left for me to say except THANK YOU. I will gladly share your satisfaction with each team member + the Jacuzzi from your room for making your stay special:):)

Feel free to join our Facebook page and contact us directly for your next visit, which I hope will be soon!

Caroline Canny

Been to Secret de Paris? Share your experiences!