“Fantastic Hotel Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed at the Secret De Paris for four nights for our honeymoon at the start of September - and what an experience it was!

I'm not a huge fan of leaving lengthy reviews, as tastes are obviously subjective and so what one person likes could be what another hates. However, if you like rooms that are wonderfully designed (and staff that know all about them, their design, etc), spotlessly clean and packed full of features (we perhaps spent a little too long in our Jacuzzi bath and not enough time actually seeing Paris!), as well as staff who go out of their way to help you (and are better at speaking English than I could ever dream of speaking French), I'm certain you'll love it.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Trocadéro room and the Jacuzzi bath was a fantastic feature.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear dans107,

First of all, let me thank you for trusting us on such a special occasion! We are glad that we could contribute in making your honeymoon a special experience. It is with great pleasure that I will share your satisfaction with the team.

We would love to welcome you again.

Caroline CANNY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Turkish first
Jyvaskyla, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed with my friend in this hotel for three nights. We had the discovery concept, which meant that we were able to change rooms. We slept in the Eiffel tower room as well in the Moulinge Rouge room. Both of them, as well as the whole hotel was very clean and tidy. We also ate breakfast in the hotel in two days and it was excellent and good value for money. Overall the service was amazing and very friendly!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Welcoming staff, great room designs (we have tried Trocadero, Orsay and l'Atelier over the recent years and we can't decide which one we prefer) . Hotel is a mere 3 minute walk from nearest tube station, located in a quiet street. We have stopped at a few hotels in Paris, but this one is our favourite. Beats Hotel Sezz by a mile. We can't seem to get enough of the whirlpool bathtub in the en-suite bathroom.
Please don't go there, we would not like to find it fully booked for our next trip to Paris ;-)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear LCz_8,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. It is by far the best reward for the entire team and myself! You don't have to decide which one is your favourite room yet, you still have to try Moulin Rouge, Eiffel Tower and Opéra Garnier!
We hope to remain your favourite hotel for many more years to come.

Sincerely yours,

Caroline CANNY
Swords, Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Want to start by saying the hotel its self is fantastic and in a great location with lots of bars and restaurants near .The staff upon arrival were very helpful and kind , The room are well appointed with everything you need not massive but they are well thought out and well designed. I ordered the romance package for my girlfriends birthday which was good but not great a very small bottle of moet and some rose petals also a box of what could only be described as sex toys !! when you are paying 255 euros a night plus a 100 extra on top off your bill with no view id expect at least breakfast to be included not a box of sex toys not very romantic !!! Then after a great stay at the hotel i went to check out where my bill was 3 times the amount i had already be quoted on booking.com ??I was then told we had breakfast 3 times during our stay we never had this once . after about 20 mins someone finally came back to me after leaving me waiting in reception and said there was a mix up i had been charged 3 times for romance package and it stated we did have breakfast which i had to explain again we didn't !!! Didn't like the way i had to explain myself 3 times like a school child , the guy on reception dealing with me just kept smiling as if it was a joke not on !!! then to top things off we had pre booked a taxi which he then went on to tell me had not been done for us ... Didn't even aploygise just said he would call 1 now , we still was getting ready and wasn't ready to leave until 8am however he called it at 7:45 am and the taxi only took 5 mins to arrive when we got in there was a charge of over 15 euro already on the clock we was already down the road when we noticed !!!! we asked driver why? he said it was a waiting charge this is a disgrace such a shame really mad our stay a bad experience . After such a nice time in Paris !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Bradley,

I am very grateful for your feedback and I would like to thank you for your kind words about the hotel and its location.

I am sorry to read that the "Romance in Paris" package disappointed you. Kindly note that on May 5th, my colleague Marco had informed you via email the exact content of our package: 1/2 a bottle of Moet&Chandon, rose petals on the bed and a surprise box with intimate goodies, as well as the price of this package. On request, we are delighted to offer a replacement for this box, with a box of chocolates for example or anything you would prefer.

Upon check-out, we always verify with our guests that what we are charging is correct. Unfortunately mistakes can happen and our only concern is to avoid any overcharge for our guests. Please note that Willman immediatly removed the extras that you did not consume and did not question your honesty. I apologize if he made you feel differently, it was not his intention whatsoever.

Regarding the taxi, I checked with the taxi company and the car arrived at our hotel at 7.58am and left at 8.05am. When we call, the meter starts to run from the point of location of the taxi. The charge of 15euros is a standard price if you add the luggage fee to the initial price.

I hope that you will give us another chance to welcome you and improve the last impression you had from our hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed for two nights for my husbands 60th birthday. We stayed in the Eiffel Tower room which was cozy and comfy. Spotless, and the luxury touches in the bathroom such as the jacuzzi bath were very welcome after a day of walking. In the 9th so not central obviously but close to Montmartre and the metro is very nearby. Nice breakfast served til 11. The staff are excellent and cannot be faulted they could not have been more helpful and considerate . Drinks facilities in the room would be nice and the room service dinner we had was very average but otherwise excellent

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Karenpon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.
I am thrilled to read that you had a nice time overlooking the view from the second floor of the Eiffel Tower! Be assured that I shared your appreciation of the service to each team member.
Finally, I would like to inquire some more information about your room service order. Could you send us your name and dates or stay via email at hotel@hotelsecretdeparis.com? "Very average" is certainly not our standard and I will investigate further.

The team and myself would be delighted to welcome you again.

Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We booked 4 nights at this very unique boutique hotel, based on the many glowing reviews that it has received, which I am happy to say were not wrong. We stayed in the Eiffel Tower room and although small (let's call it cozy!), it was absolutely charming and very, very comfortable - the bed was divine and the shower was wonderful and the bathroom amenities were very good. The breakfast was good but do not forget (as I did) that the cost is not included in your room fee - it is an additional 18 Euros per person, which is quite pricey if all you have is coffee and a piece of bread with cheese. Also, know that if you get a cup of coffee for your room before you sit down for breakfast, that charge is additional - it will not be included in the 18 Euros and the charge for one Latte was 4 Euros. (My opinion is that breakfast should be included in the cost of the room, or at least they should offer a cheaper option for those who do not want more than coffee and a croissant. I had forgotten that the cost was not included and there was no reminder anywhere in the dining room that there was a charge. I think a reminder on the tables, or a verbal reminder when you sit down at the table, that breakfast is not included would be helpful. We travel so much and are used to Inns and B&Bs including breakfast, that I simply forgot. It was my fault completely so I am not complaining - well, not too much! ) Aside from this one small issue, everything else was great. The hotel is in a very nice location, within walking distance of everything - at least, for us it was. We walked everywhere, including to the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Notre Dame, etc., and enjoyed every minute of it. As I said, the room was extremely comfortable and it was very quiet and clean - it felt good to hang out in our room after a full day of sightseeing. There was a small fridge with complimentary water and orange juice, which was a nice touch. We were offered the opportunity to stay in another room with a different design, but opted to stay put. We never used the bar in the evening and did not require much assistance from the staff, but all of our interactions were friendly and the staff does try to be helpful. The greeting we received from Willman was especially lovely, as was the complimentary glass of sangria! My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Secret de Paris and would not hesitate to recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Angelika,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor, I am happy to read that you had a good time with thus and especially in your Eiffel Tower room!

I would like to answer to a few points you mentionned regarding the breakfast:

Whenever you reserve a room on our official website, you have the possibility to add breakfast or not to your reservation. When you choose to add it, it is charged 15€ per person nstead of 18€. Several websites offer packages with breakfast included as well.
In your case, I totally understand that you did not notice it upon booking, which is why we offered you a breakfast at 10€ in your room when you contacted our front desk. We are unable to offer this formula in our breakfast room as it is a buffet breakfast.
Finally, the Latte that was charged on your room was a mistake, which is why we immediatly deducted it from your bill upon check-out. Drinks are unlimited when you take our breakfast.

I hope this helps! And I look forward welcoming you again soon.

With kind regards

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We loved this hotel. We stayed for 9 days in October 2013 and thoroughly enjoyed it. We stayed in one of the Eiffel Tower rooms, and we could see how much care had gone into the design of the room. It had an excellent bed, a beautiful bathroom with a whirlpool tub, and funky adjustable mood lighting. Very romantic, and also good for those late-night trips to the bathroom when you just need a bit of light. The hotel looks very new and is spotlessly clean. The room was quiet, thanks to double-paneled windows. The staff were marvelous, super-friendly and helpful, and spoke very good English. The neighborhood is fun, too, with handy markets and pharmacies just down the block and restaurants at every corner. We ate at two neighborhood restaurants, the Percolateur and the Bar Italia Brasserie, which were both reasonably priced and very good. There are two metro stops a five-minute walk away, one to the north (Place de Clichy) and the south (Liege), which makes Paris extremely accessible. Really, we were thoroughly delighted with this hotel and we recommend it highly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Secret de Paris? Share your experiences!