“Great Hotel, Wonderful Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #23 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Great Hotel, Wonderful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Secret de Paris for 3 nights on the Discovery Package and loved the experience we had. We had the opportunity to stay in the Eiffel Tower room, the Moulin Rouge room, and finally, the Musee d'Orsay room. The rooms were all wonderfully sexy, each with their own charm. However the Musee d'Orsay and Eiffel Tower room were probably our favorites in terms of design and space. The little things made it so much more fun fun - glass interior elements, interesting washroom/shower design, and various lighting options.

We arrived on a Sunday, mid-evening, for a late check-in and were greeted with warmth and enthusiasm. Everything was explained to us and we were escorted to our first room during which we learned about the hotel. The staff was helpful and eager to suggest places to go, restaurants at which to dine, and things to see. Every time we would return from long days of walking/exploring we would be greeted warmly. The staff always made sure to ask if there was anything they could do to make our stay even more wonderful. It is a shame we did not have the time to take advantage of the beautiful sauna and steam room.

Given that most restaurants are closed on Sunday in Paris, they were able to direct us to a few places that would be open, and suggest what ended up being the most magical first night in Paris that we could have asked for. It turns out that we had arrived on Bastille Day, and there would be fireworks at Place du Trocadero and an Eiffel Tower light show. What a night!

We had a couple of early mornings due to tours we had booked, so we had breakfast twice at the hotel. It was quite good, albeit a bit overpriced. Breakfast offered a nice variety of cheeses, fruits, yogurts, breads/pastries, confitures, cold cuts, smoked salmon, and freshly squeezed juices.

The location was not bad - close to the metro and within walking distance to a few nice walking streets, cafes, and restaurants.

To anyone going for their first time I would recommend the discovery package as it was a lot of fun. Keep in mind that you will not be able to unpack and will be living out of your suitcase night to night. While it was a bit of an inconvenience to live out of a suitcase for the three nights I would not trade the experience. The staff made the transitions easy and having a different themed room each night was so much fun. I will definitely be returning! Though the next time I will consider picking a single room to stay in so that I can unpack and settle in for the duration of my stay.

The staff made us feel special and attended to our every need with smiles and enthusiasm. The rooms were fun, romantic, and sexy. Overall an excellent experience!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have stayed in many different, boutique hotels in Paris so far but this one was definitely the one that I would strongly recommend. First of all - good location, relatively close to the center with the nearest tube station 5 minutes walking distance. All (not too big but very clean) rooms designed to discover different "secrets of Paris": from Tour Eiffel to Trocadero and very stylish Moulin Rouge (excellent for couples:-). The idea is to change your room every night (depending on availability) and discover more climate of the French capital. Nice, modern design with lots of glass interior elements (including bathroom wall). Breakfast (with freshly squeezed orange juice) served until 11.00 so you can stay in bed a bit longer.... Great, helpful staff and fast, free wifi.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Responsable réception at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear AlicjafromLausanne,

I am very grateful that you took the time to write such a good review of our hotel.
I am pleased to read that you noticed so many details about our decor. The discovery package is great for a first stay with us. I am sure that you now have a favorite theme and we hope that you will tell us about it for your next visit.

Best regards,

Willman LAZO
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Secret has a special place in my heart. Three years ago, my husband proposed in Paris and we were fortunate to stay in this lovely little boutique hotel. The warmth and service blew our mind in 2010, when without expecting it, we were brought flowers, a bottle of champagne, chocolate, fruit and other treats at 3AM after returning from the Pont des Arts proposal.

Could it be as incredible as it was back then even when they're not so 'secret' anymore? ABSOLUTELY! Still incredibly warm and welcoming service, beautiful rooms (we stayed in the Eiffel Tower) and this time, got an array of rose petals to mark the anniversary of our return. While the service at the Four Seasons is legendary, I must say, Secret de Paris is on par. P.S. Breakfast is still quite spectacular and worth including with the cost of the room.

Room Tip: The staff are so friendly and accommodating. I'm sure they'll do everything possible to make...
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed here 4 nights. We were in search of jazz clubs and Laurie the receptionist was also a jazz singer so very helpful.
Rooms very comfortable and we can be a bit picky. Not in the heart of tourist sites which was fine with us. However we often walked to the hotel from the metro stop after midnight and never felt any unease. Actually some good non touristy restaurants in the area as well. Would recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The idea of "secret" repeats itself throughout this beautifully appointed boutique hotel. Doors open to spaces leading to other doors. Rooms are different from each other, reflecting different Paris landmarks. The voice in the elevator whispers the floors in English and French. When you arrive, they sit you down in the sort of lobby bar for an aperitif. Very cool! We negotiated for a 1/2 bottle of wine. If you know Paris, location is between Opera and Montmartre -- not the place to be if you are a first time visitor and want the action of the Left Bank -- howevera great choice for those returning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear flg1945,

I am very impressed by how carefully you listened & remembered some of the secrets we share with you upon your arrival! Thank you for sharing some of them with the traveller's community.

It is the first time that I read a good feedback about the elevator lady ;) I will speak on her behalf: Merci de vos compliments / Thank you for your kind words

A très bientôt!

Caroline Canny
West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at Secret de Paris for 4 nights while in Paris. The staff was very nice and most spoke very good English. They were very helpful, giving us directions and booking a taxi for our return trip to the airport. Our room was the Trocadero. It was my last choice but we ended up enjoying it. The room is small but well decorated and clean. The only problem I had with the room was the shower. There was no shower curtain so if you used the handheld shower, water sprayed everywhere into the bathroom. If you used the rainshower (which was nice) there wasn't enough water pressure to rinse the shampoo out of your hair. The jetted tube was very nice, we soaked our sore feet in it several times! The breakfast was lacking, but I am picky and pregnant so I couldn't eat the lunch meats or cheeses they served at breakfast. They also undercook their eggs in Europe, so the scrambled were soupy and the "hard" boiled we asked for were actually soft boiled. The location of the hotel was very good. We were very close to the metro stop Place de Clichy. I was worried about how long it would take us to get to the main attractions in Paris (ex. Lourve, Eiffel Tower, etc.) but it didn't seem to take long at all. The subway system is a little confusing but we would plan our trip before we left and had no problems. Overall we enjoyed the hotel, and I would consider staying here if we ever went back to Paris.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear ward103,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such detailed feedback following your stay with us. I am glad that you ended up enjoying your Trocadero room and it's black and gold colors!

Kindly note that we do not have shower curtains for hygienic reasons. Nevertheless, the glass panel protects about half of the bathtub but I totally understand that some water might sprayed out. If that happens, a quick call at the front desk and we will run upstairs to wipe out the undesired water!

I have noted your remarks about the eggs and I will highlight the importance of well cooking eggs for pregnant women to the breakfast team!

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your soon to arrive baby in the future!

Kind regards,

Caroline CANNY
Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

A wonderful hidden gem! Small, boutique hotel with lots of charm. Cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. The room had a great rainfall shower and a jacuzzi bath. The pillows were in the shape of a heart when we returned to the room each day. Many restaurants nearby, and a great bakery. We ignored the metro, and walked all over Paris, with even the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame within an hours walk. The room came complete with excellent sound proofing, hearing neither your neighbours or the Parisian traffic outside. The best I hotel I have ever stayed in, anywhere, ever.

Dear FireFingers,

It is a very special feeling for the entire team and myself to be qualified as "the best hotel you have ever stayed". Thank you for making us feel that way :)

I have shared your satisfaction regarding the cleanliness of our hotel with the housekeeping team and they were very touched by your words.

We look forward welcoming you again.

Kind regards,

Caroline CANNY

Been to Secret de Paris? Share your experiences!