“Gorgeous boutique hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous boutique hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights with my boyfriend over Christmas. Its a gorgeous hotel in a good central location in Paris. The only negative comment I can make is that the bar arrangement is quite strange. There is not a visible bar as such and the cocktails are not very nice.
Other than that I will definitely stay here again

• Stayed November 2012
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Christine,

Thank you very much for remembering us in such a nice way after spending Christmas in our hotel!
I realise it might be very hard to remember but I would be very grateful if you could give me the names of the cocktails you had with us in order for me to investigate! Our email adress is hotel@hotelsecretdeparis.com.

I look forward hearing from you soon.

With kind regards,

Caroline CANNY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

From check-in to check-out my experience at Secret de Paris was great. The staff is very friendly, speaks English well, and is committed to ensuring that your experience is a good one. I arrived to a welcome and short tour of the hotel, their concept, and the spa. Then I was lead up to my room, where there was a beautiful fruit basket waiting for me, as well as some juice and water in the refrigerator. All free of charge :) The rooms are all themed around Paris monuments and you have the option to try out many rooms if you want to check out all the designs and stay at a different famous place each night. The rooms are not large, but it worked for me since I was traveling alone for business.The hotel is centrally located and an easy walk to shopping, the Louvre, Montmartre, and Sacre Coeur. It is also close to many metro stops, so it was a breeze to get around. I would recommend Secret to others looking for a hotel is a nice area that is easily walkable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I booked this hotel for the first part of our honeymoon due to the reviews on tripadvisor and I can't possibly thank you enough!! From the moment we arrived the staff were very friendly and curtious. The hotel was clean and tidy. It was (for us, going to the Moulin Rouge) perfectly placed in Paris. And being able to change to a differently themed room each night was fantastic. We didn't eat there so I couldn't comment on the food, but for what we asked for in a honeymoon hotel in Paris we got far more. We will be definately staying here again next time we visit, after all we only got to use 3 of the rooms ;-)

Keith and Nicola

Dear Keith & Nicola,

Welcoming you on your first trip as a married couple was a true privilege for us and I would to thank you for choosing our hotel on such an important occasion.
I am glad that you enjoyed "travelling while staying still" and experienced 3 of our 6 existing concepts.

Be assured that I have passed on your kind words to the reception & housekeeping team.

The entire team and myself look forward seeing you on your 1st anniversary!

Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Good things definitely do come in small packages. And this hotel has the whole package - innovative design, excellent service, clean, comfortable, good location... the list goes on. The design stays true to the hotel's name with 'Shh' printed on the carpet encouraging you to keep a secret, keyhole designs on the doors as if you're peering through to what's inside, a love seat in the bar where partners sit mouth to ear to whisper sweet nothings without being heard. I had an Eiffel Tower room - designed to feel like you're looking out from the landmark. And the bathroom offers an indulgent bathing experience with jet streams and mood lighting in the tub. Staff are warm, welcoming and friendly plus they speak excellent English. With all this going for it, I can't see why it's not a 5 star hotel. Stay here - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear VR747,

It is such an amazing reward for the entire team and myself to be praised by an experience traveller like yourself. Thank you for your kind words regarding the service you received, be assured that I passed them on to each team member.

You very correctly and poetically described our decor, I might copy some of your sentences (specially the one about our lover chair) if you allow me :).

I hope to have the pleasure of sharing some more secrets with you about our other concepts during your next stay.

With kind regards,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for our honeymoon in August 12. The hotel manager was Julia. She was elegant and an amazing hostess. Made us feel extra special, our check in was smooth and the room was.
We stayed at the trocadero suite and before we checked in we had a short tour of this lovely boutique hotel by the Julia. She showed us all the room and we were happy with our choice of room.

The hotel is located pretty central to Paris and is a short distance away from central tourist sites so you wont be inundated with masses of people. We loved it as it was quiet and we were not disturbed and it was only a short walk from the nearest metro (5 mins).

We stayed for 3 nights and the breakfast was spectacular. We had 2 breakfasts in bed and 1 in the dining hall. The croissants were dearly missed by my wife to this day she mentions them.

Our lovely host upgraded us to the white room for our last night and we lived it here. It was ever so bright and the shutter windows which where a little challenging to use at first were a great touch.

The bathrooms are elegant and the lighting settings in the room are a nice way of changing the mood at a switch. The turnover service was spot on and all the staff made us feel welcome.

We rented a movie and our media room wasn't working so Julia got us another room and made it into a cinema for us to enjoy.

Julia also helped me book a special cruise around the river seine which was expensive but worth it. It was the Don Juan cruise which included a 7 course dinner.

We loved Paris and everything was perfect.

Pros.
Perfect location.
Personalised service.

Cons.
Rooms are a little small but we didn't mind this however some may feel they are small.

Thank you for the memories and see you soon.

• Stayed August 2012
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We had an absolutely fantastic stay at the hotel for our weekend trip to Paris (June 1st). The quality of service was outstanding, including their command of the English language. The interior decorating of the room was very creative, it was wonderfully quiet (no road noise) and we thorougly enjoyed the spa bath for relaxation. What marveled me was how dark the room stayed in the mornings when the curtains were closed - it was such a bonus to be able to sleep-in to recover from a long flight from Africa. :-) The location was also nicely close to Metro stations.

Concerning food...enjoy the breakfast! A wonderful selection of baked goods were provided, together with meats and salmon and lets not even talk of the incredibly divine goats cheese.... They also facilitated my gluten intolerance well. Speaking of food - we would also like to mention the lovely owner-managed restaurant close by (''úp the road") that the front desk lady recommended to us. The divine meal and excellent red wine were one of our highlights of the weekend!

We highly recommend this hotel. A few mistakes were made, but they were so professionally taken care of that it's not even worth mentioning.

Thank you very much and we hope to have the pleasure to soon stay with you again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Responsable réception at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Joline,

It was such a pleasure for our team and myself meeting you. Your review about the stay with us is the best present we can ask for and thank you so much for sharing it with Tripadvisor users.

I remember how much you enjoyed the goat cheese served for breakfast and the chocolate cookies. Next time you come visit us, we will be better prepared and will make a larger selection for gluten free products. Please let us know what are your preferences.

See you next time.

Yours Sincerely,

Viorica CENUSA
Iqaluit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We just left and it was superb! We stayed for 4 nights to celebrate our anniversary and the staff couldn't be more accommodating. When we arrived our room wasn't ready as we arrived before the usual check in time, they offered to hold our luggage while we explored but we were very tired after a long flight, so we waited in the cozy but pretty lounge area and were served delicious (and complimentary) hot chocolate while we waited. After about 20 minutes we were shown to our room.

We had booked the Moulin Rouge room as it looked romantic and we were there for our anniversary. The room (on the third floor) was cozy, small by North American standards but this is Paris and space is at a premium here so we weren't disappointed by that. The decor was in keeping with the theme of the room, the bed was extremely comfortable and the the shower was fabulous. Negatives for the room were: the Internet connection was poor to non-existent (perhaps due to the rooms location in the hotel as it wasnt an issue elsewhere) and the vanity did not have a mirror so makeup and hair had to be done standing at the bathroom sink (which did have descent lighting and an anti-fog feature). A warning to those who like their privacy, the bathroom wall facing the room is glass, clear on the top half and red-tinted on the bottom. Although the toilet is recessed into a small nook, you can see in from certain angles still. Although this may be a deterrent for some, there are other rooms which offer more privacy in the bathroom so this should NOT be a deterrent for the hotel itself. Others might find it a little risqué and sexy. ;)

I love my baths so on the third day my husband surprised me by checking to see if there was a room with a tub available. When Viorica learned that it was our 25th anniversary she went out of her way and was able to offer us an Eiffel Tower room on the 5th floor (we had two rooms that night!). The next day they allowed us to move to that room instead. The Eiffel Tower room seemed roomier with more privacy in the washroom. Excellent Internet connection and a mirror over the vanity. We were impressed by how different each decor was according to the theme, right down to the carpeting and the cushions! The tub had very strong jets and mood lighting, as a fan of a good bath, I loved it!

The location was great, not right by the touristy area, which made it feel safer, but within easy walking distance of nice restaurants. Tip: ask the staff to recommend places to eat and they will be happy to do so and even make reservations.The Liege metro Station is very close, just walk to the end of Rue de Parme (the hotel is on one end of the road, walk to the other end) then turn left and walk down Amsterdam a short ways and the station is on the right hand side). From there the line 13 can take you to the Champs Élysées. Or go a little further to the station Invalides, transfer to the C train and you can get to Tour de Eiffel where you can be right in the touristy area (Eiffel Tower, Seine river tours, hop in/off buses etc). If you want a cab, just exit the hotel on the Rue de Clichy side, turn left and walk about 80 metres where you will find a taxi stand (more economical than calling a cab because in Paris the meter starts from wherever the cab is when they receive the call).

I note another reviewer (Paul B) mentioned a bothersome incident while his wife was in the steam room (some adolescents hanging about) and the staff replied that they no longer rent their conference room to non-guests since this. When we checked in they invited us to use the facilities and assured us (without us asking) that the hotel facilities and areas are for use of guests only. They certainly seem to be enforcing the new policy; kudos for reading and proactively responding to your reviews!

In conclusion I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again. Thanks to all the staff, and especially Viorica, for making our anniversary one we will never forget!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Elaine,

As you very kindly highlighted in your review, your feedback is very precious to us and I am very grateful that you took the time to write such a detailed comment following your stay. I am convinced that you review will be of a great value for future guests in our hotel and it is amazing how well you remembered the direction for the metro :) If you are ever interested in working in hotels, do let me know!

On another note, I apologize for the lack of wifi signal in your Moulin Rouge room. We have a wireless router on each floor and it seems that the one from the 4th floor let us down. I am happy to inform that we have replaced it and there is now plenty of wifi everywhere.

Viorica was absolutely delighted to read that she could contribute to making your anniversary special! Thank you for all your kind words about the team and we all look forward seeing you for the 26th anniversary.

Kind regards,