“My week stay in Paris was truly delightful, in large part due to my lovely stay at Secret de Paris.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secret de Paris

You added Secret de Paris to your Saves list
Secret de Paris
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2, rue de Parme, 75009 Paris, France   |
Ranked #31 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We just returned from a week in Paris where we celebrated our anniversary. Our stay at Secret de Paris was wonderful. We stayed in the lovely Opera Garnier room with a very comfy bed and a jacuzzi to soothe our muscles after a long day of walking the streets of Paris. The best thing about the hotel was the generous help offered by the staff. (Thanks Wilman for all your help with our dinner reservations, and never making us feel like we were imposing). The location was not in the heart of the major sights, but I thought this a plus and gave us a sense of what it was like to live in Paris. We especially loved the boulangerie on the next corner where we had delicious croissants, coffee and pastries each morning. Having the metro 2 blocks away was also a plus. Would not go anywhere else; can't wait to come back.

• Stayed March 2013
26609991, Responsable réception at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Laura,

Greetings from the team at Secret de Paris! Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on such a special occasion. I am thrilled that our hotel and team contributed to great memories of the city of lights.

Your kind words about the staff were greatly appreciated, it was Willman’s pleasure to assist you with dinner reservations.

The boulangerie from the next corner was flattered to be mentioned by guests coming all the way from New York:)

I look forward to your next visit to Paris and welcoming you again to Secret de Paris.

Yours Sincerely,

Viorica CENUSA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Turkish first
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I Booked this hotel for 2 nights over the Easter weekend for my girlfriends birthday. We were very excited based on the reviews. I was slightly disappointed on arrival that we had been located in the Eiffel Tower room on the 4th floor which had no jacuzzi (there are 4 rooms in the hotel that don't have one even though they are priced the same). We were shown around by a very nice man who was very helpful and promised us that he'd do what he could to get us in a room the following night with a jacuzzi , "you haven't experienced secret de paris until you have tried our jacuzzi's!". There were complementary easter eggs on our bed which was a very nice touch. We were also informed that there would be no room service for the duration of our stay except for snacks and drinks as the chef had a disagreement with the owners. This is not acceptable without some form of compensation.

We rang the front desk in the morning and they notified us that they were fully booked so we stayed in the Eiffel Tower room. We felt it was slightly irresponsible of him to mention this without checking availability. We did feel a little hard done by as the place is expensive at 250 euros a night.

The room was small, very clean, lovely comfy bed. This is a room for couples only I suggest as there is zero privacy in the bathroom. Rooms are overpriced based on their size, price of hotels in the area, no breakfast included (18 euros). We have to emphasise the staff (that were available) are great, they are very helpful but this is not a 4star property (they have made the very best out of it with the decor and service). If everything had worked out, full room service, full bathroom suite then Im sure we'd be rating this place as 5 stars. When you pay 250 there is little room for disappointment.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the Artiste rooms
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Sajp27,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share you experience online. As difficult as it was for me to read that we did not meet your expectations, your feedback is extremely valuable as it helps us improve.

Our hotel has 9 rooms equipped with very large hydromassage showers with rainsky and this information is displayed on our website. If you have booked our hotel on a website that says our hotel only offers bathtubs, please write to me at hotel@hotelsecretdeparis.com and I will contact them immediatly to correct that information.

We always try to allocate a room with a bathtub whenever such is requested at reservation. I apologize that we were unable to change your room, I can assure you that we tried for several hours to make it happen but we were fully booked during the easter week-end and simply couldn't.

I am surprised about your remark regarding room service. We do not have a restaurant in our hotel, therefore we do not have a Chef either. It is correct that our entire room service menu was not available, however we had dishes available, just less options than usual. Also, I have checked your reservation and can confirm that breakfast was included in your room rate. Again, I personnally apologize if any other information was given to you upon arrival.

I would be delighted to speak to you in person and invite you to contact me directly. The entire team would really like another chance to welcome you a second time and turn around your opinion about our hotel.

With kind regards,

Caroline Canny
Whitley Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel really lived up to expectations. Attentive service without being too pushy. helpful tips from the staff. Fantastic decor in the bedroom.

First the location. A 5 minute walk form Place De Clichy metro station. The area away from the place has a good neighbourhood feel about it. Bar over the road (showing sky sports: a bonus). Boulangerie very nearby, grocers, plenty of small restaurants and bars/cafes in the vicinity. Moulin Rouge is a short 5-10 minute walk at Blanche metro station (but walk, it's quicker!). We found some decent French bistro style food very nearby, and a lovely small Italian cafe bar (Bar Italia Brasserie) a short walk down the hill on Rue de Clichy.

We stayed in the Musee D'Orsay room on the 5th floor. We were offered a daily move (we stayed 3 nights) to sample the other themes, but decided that we liked our room so much we would avoid the hassle of moving. The spectacular backdrop behind the bed really set the scene. The bathroom was also excellent. Rain shower (with powerful hand held shower head also) which had good water pressure. Also the bonus of a generous sized jacuzzi style bath.

The room was as quiet as promised, with no noise and therefore a good sleep. There was plenty of wardrobe space and a good sized safe for valuables. AT the foot of the bed was a large Samsung TV that could be automatically raised up for viewing by remote control.

If I could have one small criticism it would be that the room could be a bit bigger, however that did not take away form our enjoyment.

Good sauna and steam room, as well as a smallish gym. We didn't eat there as we spent so much time out and about. We used the bar once: as expected, a little expensive (bottle of beer 6 euros, cocktail 12).

I would go back there again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Responsable réception at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Yugs,

What a pleasure reading your comment and thank you so much for taking the time to write such a precise review of our hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s neighborhood with its café bars and restaurants.
We always suggest to our guests to travel within our hotel but I am thrilled that you fell in love with the magic clock of the Musée d'Orsay!

I would love to welcome you again, we have stopped the clock until your next visit :)

Warm regards,

Viorica CENUSA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend booked a 4 day break in Paris for me as a Christmas present and we stayed at the Secret De Paris. This hotel was amazing and we had the most romantic stay. When we arrived at the hotel we were too early to check in so we left our luggage and went to do some sight seeing. When we came back to the hotel later that day, we was treated to a complimentary sangria each to welcome us to the hotel, then we was shown to our room.

As every room has a different theme, we changed rooms every night to make the most of the experience. The first night we stayed in the musee D'Orsay room, which was my personal favourite (maybe because my partner proposed to me in here)!!! It was just perfect. The second night we stayed in the moulin rouge room, which was very red but also very romantic. Our last night was spent in the Eiffel Tower room, which was our least favourite out of the three but also a very nice room. I recommend that you change rooms every night as all the rooms had something different to offer.

The staff in the hotel were exceptional. They made our engagement unforgettable and they couldn't do enough for us. They went out of their way to recommend nice restaurants for our evening meals and they were happy to help with anything we wanted. I haven't got a bad word to say about this hotel, I would recommend it to anyone looking for a special, unforgettable trip to paris.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guests,

What an honor for us to be remembered as the hotel where you said “YES”!! Thank you so much for trusting us on such a special occasion in your life.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your journey inside the monuments of Paris that are evocated within our hotel. The clock of the Orsay Museum room does have something magic, doesn’t it:)?

Sharing moments like this with you is something the entire team and myself are so passionate about and it was our absolute pleasure to assist you in making the most of the experience.

Shall we take rendez-vous for your honeymoon?

All the best to you & your beloved one, we wish you a long and happy journey together.

Bath, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Just leaving the hotel and have had a fabulous time, the staff were fantastic and nothing was too much trouble for them they are what makes this hotel so great. The rooms are lovely even if a little small. Well done to all the staff thanks for a lovely stay

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Leanne,

There is nothing more rewarding to us than your satisfaction and I can assure you that each team member has read your comment and joins me in thanking you for your extremely kind words.

Nothing will ever be too much trouble and comments like yours are what motivates us to always improve our service.

We sure hope to welcome you again in the near future,

Kind regards

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

What a great stay in this hotel. My boyfriend made me 5 days trip to France for our anniversary. This was so wonderful and romantic that i couldn't ask for more. The room was so big and luxury that i couldn't dream of it not even in my wildest dreams. The staff was so helpful and when i tried to tip them they all refused!! Just perfect!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Elizabeth,

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your experience with us and I must say thank you to your boyfriend for trusting us on such a special occasion!

It was our absolute pleasure to welcome you and your kind words about our team members will be remembered.

We look forward seeing you again,

Kind regards,

Paisley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last year and were very impressed with the comfort offered and the excellent customer service we received. Its aways difficult to return anywhere that you have had such a wonderful time in case "it doesnt quite hit the spot second time around." Our return here was every bit as impressive as our first visit. The staff are still as enthusiastic about the guests satisfaction as they were last year and the quality of the rooms and the food served at breakfast is still perfect. If your idea of visiting a hotel is to try and find faults then I am sure you could find some in any hotel you visit but our attitude is to go away to be looked after and the employees in this hotel are the best that we have encountered in this department. The rooms are small as they are in most city centre hotels but the layout of them is cleverly done so that there is plenty of space and beautiful bathrooms. The small spa in the basement is a nice touch too and we used the facilities a few times and they were always spotlessly clean with staff checking them regularly. This hotel may not be to everyones taste as it is very modern compared to some city centre hotels but what it loses in the traditional feel it more than makes up for in its cleanliness and brilliant customer service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Gareth & Jeanette,

You review is a true gift to our team members and I am so grateful for your kind words. Thank you for your trust and loyalty to Secret de Paris, I certainly hope that we will have the pleasure of taking care of you for many more years to come.

The entire team joins me in wishing you a wonderful Spring and we will see you in March 2014!

Kind regards,

Caroline CANNY

Been to Secret de Paris? Share your experiences!