“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 1,796 hotels in Paris
Whitley Bay
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel really lived up to expectations. Attentive service without being too pushy. helpful tips from the staff. Fantastic decor in the bedroom.

First the location. A 5 minute walk form Place De Clichy metro station. The area away from the place has a good neighbourhood feel about it. Bar over the road (showing sky sports: a bonus). Boulangerie very nearby, grocers, plenty of small restaurants and bars/cafes in the vicinity. Moulin Rouge is a short 5-10 minute walk at Blanche metro station (but walk, it's quicker!). We found some decent French bistro style food very nearby, and a lovely small Italian cafe bar (Bar Italia Brasserie) a short walk down the hill on Rue de Clichy.

We stayed in the Musee D'Orsay room on the 5th floor. We were offered a daily move (we stayed 3 nights) to sample the other themes, but decided that we liked our room so much we would avoid the hassle of moving. The spectacular backdrop behind the bed really set the scene. The bathroom was also excellent. Rain shower (with powerful hand held shower head also) which had good water pressure. Also the bonus of a generous sized jacuzzi style bath.

The room was as quiet as promised, with no noise and therefore a good sleep. There was plenty of wardrobe space and a good sized safe for valuables. AT the foot of the bed was a large Samsung TV that could be automatically raised up for viewing by remote control.

If I could have one small criticism it would be that the room could be a bit bigger, however that did not take away form our enjoyment.

Good sauna and steam room, as well as a smallish gym. We didn't eat there as we spent so much time out and about. We used the bar once: as expected, a little expensive (bottle of beer 6 euros, cocktail 12).

I would go back there again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Responsable réception at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Yugs,

What a pleasure reading your comment and thank you so much for taking the time to write such a precise review of our hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s neighborhood with its café bars and restaurants.
We always suggest to our guests to travel within our hotel but I am thrilled that you fell in love with the magic clock of the Musée d'Orsay!

I would love to welcome you again, we have stopped the clock until your next visit :)

Warm regards,

Viorica CENUSA

842 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend booked a 4 day break in Paris for me as a Christmas present and we stayed at the Secret De Paris. This hotel was amazing and we had the most romantic stay. When we arrived at the hotel we were too early to check in so we left our luggage and went to do some sight seeing. When we came back to the hotel later that day, we was treated to a complimentary sangria each to welcome us to the hotel, then we was shown to our room.

As every room has a different theme, we changed rooms every night to make the most of the experience. The first night we stayed in the musee D'Orsay room, which was my personal favourite (maybe because my partner proposed to me in here)!!! It was just perfect. The second night we stayed in the moulin rouge room, which was very red but also very romantic. Our last night was spent in the Eiffel Tower room, which was our least favourite out of the three but also a very nice room. I recommend that you change rooms every night as all the rooms had something different to offer.

The staff in the hotel were exceptional. They made our engagement unforgettable and they couldn't do enough for us. They went out of their way to recommend nice restaurants for our evening meals and they were happy to help with anything we wanted. I haven't got a bad word to say about this hotel, I would recommend it to anyone looking for a special, unforgettable trip to paris.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guests,

What an honor for us to be remembered as the hotel where you said “YES”!! Thank you so much for trusting us on such a special occasion in your life.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your journey inside the monuments of Paris that are evocated within our hotel. The clock of the Orsay Museum room does have something magic, doesn’t it:)?

Sharing moments like this with you is something the entire team and myself are so passionate about and it was our absolute pleasure to assist you in making the most of the experience.

Shall we take rendez-vous for your honeymoon?

All the best to you & your beloved one, we wish you a long and happy journey together.

Bath, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Just leaving the hotel and have had a fabulous time, the staff were fantastic and nothing was too much trouble for them they are what makes this hotel so great. The rooms are lovely even if a little small. Well done to all the staff thanks for a lovely stay

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Leanne,

There is nothing more rewarding to us than your satisfaction and I can assure you that each team member has read your comment and joins me in thanking you for your extremely kind words.

Nothing will ever be too much trouble and comments like yours are what motivates us to always improve our service.

We sure hope to welcome you again in the near future,

Kind regards

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

What a great stay in this hotel. My boyfriend made me 5 days trip to France for our anniversary. This was so wonderful and romantic that i couldn't ask for more. The room was so big and luxury that i couldn't dream of it not even in my wildest dreams. The staff was so helpful and when i tried to tip them they all refused!! Just perfect!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Elizabeth,

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your experience with us and I must say thank you to your boyfriend for trusting us on such a special occasion!

It was our absolute pleasure to welcome you and your kind words about our team members will be remembered.

We look forward seeing you again,

Paisley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last year and were very impressed with the comfort offered and the excellent customer service we received. Its aways difficult to return anywhere that you have had such a wonderful time in case "it doesnt quite hit the spot second time around." Our return here was every bit as impressive as our first visit. The staff are still as enthusiastic about the guests satisfaction as they were last year and the quality of the rooms and the food served at breakfast is still perfect. If your idea of visiting a hotel is to try and find faults then I am sure you could find some in any hotel you visit but our attitude is to go away to be looked after and the employees in this hotel are the best that we have encountered in this department. The rooms are small as they are in most city centre hotels but the layout of them is cleverly done so that there is plenty of space and beautiful bathrooms. The small spa in the basement is a nice touch too and we used the facilities a few times and they were always spotlessly clean with staff checking them regularly. This hotel may not be to everyones taste as it is very modern compared to some city centre hotels but what it loses in the traditional feel it more than makes up for in its cleanliness and brilliant customer service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Gareth & Jeanette,

You review is a true gift to our team members and I am so grateful for your kind words. Thank you for your trust and loyalty to Secret de Paris, I certainly hope that we will have the pleasure of taking care of you for many more years to come.

The entire team joins me in wishing you a wonderful Spring and we will see you in March 2014!

Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have very mixed feelings about this hotel. The staff were on the whole lovely and helpful (Marco & Willman) BUT..we arrived and changed rooms 3 times due to faults in the rooms(and we arrived quite late so tired!). The last room was of good design but smaller and on closer observation the mirror front of the wardrobe was missing. No soap (had to remind the staff). I thought when you had been inconvenienced a better room would be given - this did not happen!
The hotel staff did provide us with a complementary drink & breakfast the next morning.
We liked the design but it is not top spec' as you would imagine for the money. I know this is Paris but they should really compare theirs to Buddha Bar standards in Prague!...

Room Tip: Quiet rooms but check floor space in the room. No bar but many bars around and you can order drinks.
Dear Happy1236,

I would like to start by expressing my deepest regrets toward the experience you had in our hotel. Our rooms did not meet your expectations and I personally apologize for the incidents you encountered.

Our technical team is working daily to prevent any form of incidents from happening during our guests’ stay. Nevertheless, we always have a team member on site until 1a.m to intervene immediately when fixing is necessary and I trust that you found his intervention to be discreet and efficient. Your electronic safe required battery changing, which we did once the automatic security allowed us to open the door after 10 minutes. I understand that you felt unsecure to leave your valuables in your safe following this incident, which is why we offered to change you to another Moulin Rouge room as you were satisfied with this concept.

I believe that my colleague first went with you to visit the room to make sure that you would be fully satisfied with the change. I can assure you that, should you have mentioned your disappointment, we would have done everything in our power to find another room for you.

Last but not least, thank you very much for your kind words about our team members. They have read your comment and would like to join me in apologizing for not succeeding in making you stay with us a special experience.

I invite you to send us an email at hotel@hotelsecretdeparis.com whenever you are planning a visit to Paris as we would love a second chance to turn around your opinion about our hotel.

With kind regards,

Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just spent 3nights at this hotel and had a great time.Different themed room each night was fun,the staff were the most pleasant we have come across and the location,cleanliness and intimate atmosphere all added to a fantastic break

Room Tip: Artists room more spacious but all very enjoyable
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Roger C,

Thank you very much for choosing Secret de Paris for your short visit! I am glad that you chose to travel while staying still and experienced different concepts.

Be assured that each team member is reading our guests'feedback every day and your kind words are the best reward for all of us.

We look forward welcoming you and having your thoughts about the 3 remaining concepts left for you to experience.

Caroline CANNY

Been to Secret de Paris? Share your experiences!