“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2, rue de Parme, 75009 Paris, France   |
Ranked #31 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend booked a 4 day break in Paris for me as a Christmas present and we stayed at the Secret De Paris. This hotel was amazing and we had the most romantic stay. When we arrived at the hotel we were too early to check in so we left our luggage and went to do some sight seeing. When we came back to the hotel later that day, we was treated to a complimentary sangria each to welcome us to the hotel, then we was shown to our room.

As every room has a different theme, we changed rooms every night to make the most of the experience. The first night we stayed in the musee D'Orsay room, which was my personal favourite (maybe because my partner proposed to me in here)!!! It was just perfect. The second night we stayed in the moulin rouge room, which was very red but also very romantic. Our last night was spent in the Eiffel Tower room, which was our least favourite out of the three but also a very nice room. I recommend that you change rooms every night as all the rooms had something different to offer.

The staff in the hotel were exceptional. They made our engagement unforgettable and they couldn't do enough for us. They went out of their way to recommend nice restaurants for our evening meals and they were happy to help with anything we wanted. I haven't got a bad word to say about this hotel, I would recommend it to anyone looking for a special, unforgettable trip to paris.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guests,

What an honor for us to be remembered as the hotel where you said “YES”!! Thank you so much for trusting us on such a special occasion in your life.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your journey inside the monuments of Paris that are evocated within our hotel. The clock of the Orsay Museum room does have something magic, doesn’t it:)?

Sharing moments like this with you is something the entire team and myself are so passionate about and it was our absolute pleasure to assist you in making the most of the experience.

Shall we take rendez-vous for your honeymoon?

All the best to you & your beloved one, we wish you a long and happy journey together.

Caroline CANNY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Turkish first
Bath, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Just leaving the hotel and have had a fabulous time, the staff were fantastic and nothing was too much trouble for them they are what makes this hotel so great. The rooms are lovely even if a little small. Well done to all the staff thanks for a lovely stay

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Leanne,

There is nothing more rewarding to us than your satisfaction and I can assure you that each team member has read your comment and joins me in thanking you for your extremely kind words.

Nothing will ever be too much trouble and comments like yours are what motivates us to always improve our service.

We sure hope to welcome you again in the near future,

Kind regards

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

What a great stay in this hotel. My boyfriend made me 5 days trip to France for our anniversary. This was so wonderful and romantic that i couldn't ask for more. The room was so big and luxury that i couldn't dream of it not even in my wildest dreams. The staff was so helpful and when i tried to tip them they all refused!! Just perfect!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Elizabeth,

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your experience with us and I must say thank you to your boyfriend for trusting us on such a special occasion!

It was our absolute pleasure to welcome you and your kind words about our team members will be remembered.

We look forward seeing you again,

Paisley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last year and were very impressed with the comfort offered and the excellent customer service we received. Its aways difficult to return anywhere that you have had such a wonderful time in case "it doesnt quite hit the spot second time around." Our return here was every bit as impressive as our first visit. The staff are still as enthusiastic about the guests satisfaction as they were last year and the quality of the rooms and the food served at breakfast is still perfect. If your idea of visiting a hotel is to try and find faults then I am sure you could find some in any hotel you visit but our attitude is to go away to be looked after and the employees in this hotel are the best that we have encountered in this department. The rooms are small as they are in most city centre hotels but the layout of them is cleverly done so that there is plenty of space and beautiful bathrooms. The small spa in the basement is a nice touch too and we used the facilities a few times and they were always spotlessly clean with staff checking them regularly. This hotel may not be to everyones taste as it is very modern compared to some city centre hotels but what it loses in the traditional feel it more than makes up for in its cleanliness and brilliant customer service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Gareth & Jeanette,

You review is a true gift to our team members and I am so grateful for your kind words. Thank you for your trust and loyalty to Secret de Paris, I certainly hope that we will have the pleasure of taking care of you for many more years to come.

The entire team joins me in wishing you a wonderful Spring and we will see you in March 2014!

Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have very mixed feelings about this hotel. The staff were on the whole lovely and helpful (Marco & Willman) BUT..we arrived and changed rooms 3 times due to faults in the rooms(and we arrived quite late so tired!). The last room was of good design but smaller and on closer observation the mirror front of the wardrobe was missing. No soap (had to remind the staff). I thought when you had been inconvenienced a better room would be given - this did not happen!
The hotel staff did provide us with a complementary drink & breakfast the next morning.
We liked the design but it is not top spec' as you would imagine for the money. I know this is Paris but they should really compare theirs to Buddha Bar standards in Prague!...

Room Tip: Quiet rooms but check floor space in the room. No bar but many bars around and you can order drinks.
Dear Happy1236,

I would like to start by expressing my deepest regrets toward the experience you had in our hotel. Our rooms did not meet your expectations and I personally apologize for the incidents you encountered.

Our technical team is working daily to prevent any form of incidents from happening during our guests’ stay. Nevertheless, we always have a team member on site until 1a.m to intervene immediately when fixing is necessary and I trust that you found his intervention to be discreet and efficient. Your electronic safe required battery changing, which we did once the automatic security allowed us to open the door after 10 minutes. I understand that you felt unsecure to leave your valuables in your safe following this incident, which is why we offered to change you to another Moulin Rouge room as you were satisfied with this concept.

I believe that my colleague first went with you to visit the room to make sure that you would be fully satisfied with the change. I can assure you that, should you have mentioned your disappointment, we would have done everything in our power to find another room for you.

Last but not least, thank you very much for your kind words about our team members. They have read your comment and would like to join me in apologizing for not succeeding in making you stay with us a special experience.

I invite you to send us an email at hotel@hotelsecretdeparis.com whenever you are planning a visit to Paris as we would love a second chance to turn around your opinion about our hotel.

With kind regards,

Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just spent 3nights at this hotel and had a great time.Different themed room each night was fun,the staff were the most pleasant we have come across and the location,cleanliness and intimate atmosphere all added to a fantastic break

Room Tip: Artists room more spacious but all very enjoyable
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Roger C,

Thank you very much for choosing Secret de Paris for your short visit! I am glad that you chose to travel while staying still and experienced different concepts.

Be assured that each team member is reading our guests'feedback every day and your kind words are the best reward for all of us.

We look forward welcoming you and having your thoughts about the 3 remaining concepts left for you to experience.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Just come back from a trip to Paris for our anniversary and stayed at this hotel for two nights. The staff were warm and welcoming and took the time to show us all the little quirky features of our room, including the mood lighting and the jacuzzi bath with rainfall shower. The hotel is just the perfect size to give it a nice intimate feel and would very much recommend it to couples.

We stayed in the Musee d'Orsay room which we would really recommend. We think we might try the Moulin Rouge room next time. Yes, there will be a next time!

Geographically speaking the hotel is in the 9eme arrondissement, about a 5-10 minute walk from the Moulin Rouge and about 10-15 minute walk from Printemps and Gallerie Lafayette. The metro station is a couple of minutes walk and is very easy to use. There's a Starbucks close by too if you can't live without your white mocha! The area felt very safe and nicely located for travelling around.- and the jacuzzi was a welcome treat after a day of non-stop walking.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and thanks to the lovely staff who work there, we have great memories!

Room Tip: All the rooms look great but we loved the Musee D'Orsay room.
Dear Lewises2013,

Greetings from Paris under the snow!! And first of all, you are most welcome :) I am delighted that the team at Secret de Paris contributed to great memories of the city of Lights.

I am very grateful for such a well written and detailed review of your stay with us. What a great idea to try the Moulin Rouge next time with its red roses covering the floor and its large hydromassage shower. Let us know if you are hesitating with another concept, we will share more quirky features with you with pleasure!

See you soon,

Caroline CANNY

Been to Secret de Paris? Share your experiences!