“Really lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Package Deal
Ranked #26 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
“Really lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was a really lovely hotel. Good location - just a short walk from the Moulin Rouge, and close to the metro - its really easy to get to the centre. the staff were really friendly and I'd definately come back here. Have recommended to friends. The only difficulty we had in Paris was finding a good restaurant in the evening so plan ahead!

Room Tip: Get a room with a spa bath!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Mweffy,

Really lovely comment!! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

I am thrilled that you found our location to be convenient and grateful that you already recommended us to your friends.

Next time your are planning your visit, send us an email at hotel@hotelsecretdeparis.com, we will be delighted to assist you with restaurants bookings.

A bientôt!

Caroline CANNY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We have just got back from a two night stay in the Eiffel Tower room. This really is a wonderful hotel but the best feature of Secret de Paris are the staff. They are a credit to the hotel and made us feel so comfortable from the moment that we arrived until the moment we left. We were given advice and directions on where to go and how to get there, as well as being provided with an extremely helpful map. This was all done with genuine care and attention for the duration of our stay. We have to say a special mention to Wilman, Vincent and the beautiful ladies on reception!
The rooms are fantastic and feature all the modern features that you could ask for, from mood lighting, cd/mp3/DVD player to a jacuzzi style bath.
The location is great and within close distance to a metro which will take you to all that Paris has to offer.
This was our first visit but definitely will not be our last!
Korey and Natasha x

Room Tip: We stayed in the Eiffel Tower room but the hotel offers other themed rooms. Select the discovery opt...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Korey and Natasha,

The first word that came to my mind after reading your comment was WOW!! Thank you so much for all your kind words, we are sincerely touched.

It was our pleasure to welcome you on the second floor of the Eiffel Tower with its straight lines and shining lights.

I certainly hope that this will not be your last visit! The boys & the girls are waiting for you:)

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I booked four nights at Secret de Paris prior to a work conference in Paris so I could fit in a bit of sightseeing as well, and wasn't disappointed. I found the hotel great in terms of location, service, the quality of the rooms, the quietness for sleeping (my room faced the street and was still whisper quiet at night) and other useful things such as the free wifi, fitness centre and complimentary orange juice and water in your room. Everything was good quality (nothing was worn or shabby) and very clean, and all the staff were genuinely helpful. When I moved to another hotel for my conference, which was a famous five star hotel in Paris pretty much in the same district, I actually wished I'd continued staying at Secret de Paris as it was all round much nicer! (and about EUR100/night cheaper...) I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking for a lovely hotel in Paris, whether travelling solo like I was or with your partner.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Claire,

Greetings from Paris! And thank you so much for choosing to stay with us.

It was wonderful for the entire team and myself to read that you found our facilities and service to be "perfect all round".

We work everyday to improve the quality of service and comments like yours are what motivates us.

I look forward welcoming you again soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for only one night but absolutely loved it.

To start with, the service from beginning to end was great. We were given a quick tour of the place, escorted to our room and told there were complimentary bottles of orange juice and water. In our case, we had chosen the Eiffel Tower room and it was exactly as we had hoped. As it's a boutique hotel, the room was a cozy size, some may say small, but we weren't looking for a huge room, we specifically wanted to try the themed rooms this hotel has to offer. Our room was clean, the technology was very modern, the bed was nice and firm and the mood lighting was quite fun to fiddle with.

We were also told there was a sauna which was open 24 hours, we just had to alert reception 20 minutes beforehand for it to be activated. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to try, but will definitely try next time.

Close to the hotel were quite a few cafes and restaurants, and reception was more than happy to direct us to some nice places to eat nearby. Also, it was only a 15 minute walk to Galleries Lafayette, which meant it was close enough to the shopping district but not too close that it was busy and noisy. At night we were able to sleep without any disturbances.

The inside of the hotel is visually appealing, but the outside of the building also has lights which change colours and I found it very nice to look at.

One more point about the service - on the day we were scheduled to fly out of Charles De Gaulle airport, taxis went on strike. Reception spent all night trying to find out through their contacts if any taxis would be available for us. One was finally confirmed but they backed out on the morning. Reception apologised profusely and had printed out a map for us, with directions, to the nearest bus terminal that would take us to the airport. There was no fault to be found with the level of service this hotel had to offer.

Our only regret is that we could only stay one night, and we have already planned to go back so we can try out the other themed rooms along with the sauna. We're looking forward to staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Responsable réception at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Jackstar01,

Your feedback is essential to us and I really appreciate you taking the time to post a review.
I cannot thank you enough for your constructive and detailed comments about our hotel’s services and staff. I will not miss the opportunity to pass on the message to my colleagues.

I apologize once again about the taxi strike on your departure day. Strikes don’t really happen that often in France (or do they :) ?) but one can say you had a TRULY French experience! I am glad the team could help you catch your flight on time.

There is nothing more rewarding to us than your satisfaction except having the pleasure of welcoming you again to try the remaining concepts, our secret garden and it’s sauna, steam room and fitness area.

I certainly look forward seeing you soon,

Willman LAZO PEREZ
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights during February in the Eiffel Tower room. I found that the rooms were of an ok standard cleanliness wise with modern technology throughout which was a good facility however the bed was very uncomfortable dipping in the middle, the bath with Jacuzzi jets was not clean and was leaving dirt in the bath.
My main complaint was the fact there was no privacy in the bathroom; it is styled very nicely although there is no privacy whatsoever, the whole bathroom is glass and the door might as well not be there.
The staff were helpful and answered all questions I had to the best of their ability. It is set in a good location which easy access to the metro to get around the city.
Overall this is an average hotel, but it is completely over priced for what it is.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear HenryF,

First of all, I would like to personally apologize for the discomfort you encountered while staying in our hotel. Your remarks about your bed and the Jacuzzi in your room are of a great concern to me and I would really appreciate it if you could help me fix it.

We have a total of 5 Eiffel Tower rooms in our hotel and therefore, I would like to inquire about your room number (or floor number) in order for us to conduct an immediate and thorough verification of your particular room. I will wait for your email at hotel@hotelsecretdeparis.com.

Following your comment, our technical team has verified each of the 5 hydrojet bathtubs of our Eiffel Tower rooms by making them function for at least 10 minutes each. We did not observe any dirt coming out of the jets but we will continue to investigate to ensure that all of them are in perfect condition.

Regarding the transparency between your room and the bathroom, I only wish you had informed our reception of your discomfort during your stay. We would have been delighted to show you another concept with less transparency as each theme as a completely different decor. Again, it is our responsability to ensure that you feel comfortable during you stay and I apologize if you did not feel like telling us while you were inside the hotel.

The team here has only one objective: to spare no efforts and make sure that each and every guest leaves our hotel satisfied. We did not achieve our objective and my only hope is that you will give us a second chance during your next visit in Paris.

I look forward hearing from you.

Albany, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed here, for 8 nights, the first part of February, and did mostly day trips on the train, so weren't in the room much. Rooms are small, but its Paris. They're great for sleeping. Staff was very helpful, in every way. Good location. Not a very touristy location. 15 to 20 minute walk to Louvre. Good experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Doris,

You came all the way from Albany to our little Secret de Paris and I am very grateful that you chose us during your time in Paris.

I must say, the entire team was impressed by how much of the city you visited during your trip! We are glad that you could relax and sleep tight several long days walking all over the city.

Merci beaucoup! And we hope to see you on your next trip,

Riga, Riga, Latvia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Perfect design and nice atmosphere. If you want to have a relaxing holidays this hotel is for you... You will never forget that holidays..The hotel has twenty-nine rooms conceived and dressed on six themes: the Musée d’Orsay, the Moulin Rouge, the Eiffel Tower, the Opera Garnier, the Trocadero and the Artist's Studio.Very tasty dishes and perfect spa.. ;) The staff is always helpful and smiley..

Enjoy your stay ;) ,

Kind Regards

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
26609991, Directeur général at Secret de Paris, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Viktorya,

It was our pleasure to welcome you within one of our themed rooms that I can see you remembered so well!!

I am glad you enjoyed spending time in the steam room and sauna of our Secret Garden after a cold day discovering Paris.

I am grateful for your compliments about the quality of our Room service dishes and be assured that I haved passed on your kind words to the team.

We look forward seeing you again and again :-)

Warm regards,

Caroline CANNY

Been to Secret de Paris? Share your experiences!