“Excellent service at the front desk! Everyone of them!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
25% off room rate
Ranked #28 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Singapore
“Excellent service at the front desk! Everyone of them!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed at Joyce hotel for 5 days and the wow factor is really on the service delivered by the front desk. They were so customer service oriented and patience where they would build rapport with you and make you feel comfortable to travel around Paris.

The hotel also provides tea snack at no cost between 2pm to 10pm so that is in fact a bonus which I was not aware when I placed the hotel booking.

The room was clean and cozy, hidden shoe rack is there to place your shoes and the bathroom was big. The down side of things would probably be - the plastic panel at the bath tub (to stop water from splashing outside the bath tub) was broken and despite of our 5 days stay, no one fixed it. And also the kitchen's cleanliness - I noticed the plate or cup sometimes were not clean properly when I went for their breakfast so you just have to be a little mindful for that.

Referring to its location, it is very accessible to main attraction and metro station. Many nice restaurants were also around the hotel so it was great! I got to enjoy many good food just within walking distance; they were all recommended by the hotel's front desk.

Overall it is a good hotel and I would still recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: Request for a High floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband and l have just returned from 3 night stay at Hotel Joyce and thoroughly recommend it. It is tucked away in a nice area in a quiet road 5 mins walk from St Georges metro. Bright and airy reception, friendly staff and we had a great stay there. We were on the 5th floor and it was totally quiet at night, spotlessly clean and beds very comfortable. Room had wardrobe, desk and flat screen TV. Most channels only in French. No tea/coffee facilities in room but 24 hour free complimentary drinks available self service in breakfast room (hot & cold drinks/cans) which was brilliant. (Teabags not great so take your own though!) Found fantastic French restaurant just up the road on a corner, great food, atmosphere and price. (Turn right when leaving hotel, it's on corner of 2nd st on the left l think.) We had breakfast included which was fine, not brilliant but set us up for the day. We would be happy to return again. Good location for all the sights.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor, we had 502 which was fab.
L.I. New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The Joyce Hotel is a modern and clean facility with a great staff minus one. On arrival, I found out that the bag I took from the airport belonged to someone else. Hatem, at the front desk was instrumental in assisting me in getting in touch with the bag's proper owner and arranging a shuttle back to the airport for me so that there could be an exchange of bags. He along with David, Samuel, Jennifer, and Alain were super nice and efficient. Now the negative. The hotel offers snacks every day between 2 pm and midnight. On the first day my wife asked the attendant Mairie for Coke light and was promptly told NO!. Later on we saw others carrying cans of Coke light from the breakfast room. A few days later, we entered the breakfast room around 2 pm and were scolded by (blond hair) Mairie that we could not enter the room because she was cleaning the floor. We waited about 20 minutes, but she never told us that it was okay to get refreshments. I went to the front desk to ask permission because I didn't want to get yelled at again. This treatment was disconcerting and inhospitable to say the least. That being said it was a satisfactory stay overall.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

素晴らしいホテルです。
可愛らしく清潔でセンス溢れるホテルです。スタッフの方々も皆親切で、Parisに住んでる気分になりました。常宿確定です。
ジェニファーさんは、いつも優しく素敵な笑顔でこちらの希望を叶えるべく力を尽くしてくれました。アランさんは日本語も話せて、貸し出しの傘がない時に前のホテルまで借りに行ってくださいました。ハテムさんはいつもあたたかい笑顔で、プロフェッショナルで優しい仕事ぶりでした。サミュエルさんはお話が楽しく、ヘアードレッサーの予約のお手伝いをして下さり、お客様に何をして差し上げられるか常に考えている様な方でした。皆さんハッピーな方なので、一人旅でしたが、私もつられてすぐに、わくわくの笑顔の旅になりました。私自身がサービス業で日常的に旅行もかなり多いですが、全てにおいてParisの一流センスやエスプリを感じ、自然で楽しくプロフェッショナルな仕事振りを見られて、大変勉強になりました。
又、是非、皆さんにお会いしたいです。
lovely clean nice hotel,it's one of the best hotel I've ever stayed.
HATEM san always nice warm smile,helped me a lot.JENNIFER san always cute smile try very hard to do many things for me.ALAN san can speak JAPANESE,when there are no umbrella in my hotel,he run to borrow one for me to another hotel.SAMUEL san,he is a happy person,made me smile,helped my reserve. for hair cut and do a lot of things for me,these staff think always what can they do for making there customers happier.
thank you very much for incredible lovely professional service.

• Stayed May 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was really worried about booking a hotel in Paris as I've heard lots of horror stories about rooms being no bigger than a shoe box and not being very clean. I therefore spent lots of time reading reviews and doing google searches. Lots of time! Lots and lots of time!!

Boy am I glad I went for the Hotel Joyce!

The area is fantastic; you are within walking distance of the Moulin Rouge region (but far enough away you don't get bombarded with all the lovely ladies of the night) and the Opera area which is where many of the Open Top Bus Tours have their starting point and is home to the famous Galleres Lafayette and traditional french bistros and bakeries. You have two metro stations nearby which are super easy to navigate and take you to all the big tourist hotsports; Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Riverside...no problem! If you are looking for a traditional meal out without spending an arm and a leg, head to the Bo Man Cafe which is two minutes along the road - top quality, authentic food and wine without the price tag!

The hotel itself is amazing! Very funky, very welcoming and it really felt like a home away from home. Cool art is dotted around and the overall design has been really well thought out. There is lift access to all floors which I think is quite unusual in Paris and great if, like me, you tend to overpack! There's a great breakfast room which also offers free soft drinks and snacks throughout the day. This is a huge bonus as the price of soft drinks in Pairs will blow your mind (£5 for a can of coke is pretty standard in many of the touristy areas).

The rooms are amazing! Very clean. Very spacious. Very cool! I can't tell you how happy I was when we first unlocked the door. Our room was right next to the lift but the soundproofing is perfect and not once were we disturbed by any noise (of either the lift or other guests passing by). There's plenty of storage for clothes and the bathroom had a huge full size bath.

They have this hotel rated as a three star. No way. Four star easy.
I have stayed in five star hotels and not been as happy and comfortable as I was at the Hotel Joyce.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Very pleasant hotel in perfect location in Paris. Friendly staff that speaks very good english and nice rooms with comfortable beds.
Just a short walk up to one of Paris main attractions - Sacre Cour.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Very nice hotel, just as the pictures show. Clean, comfortable, nice service. Always happy staff. The rooms are fresh and smartly planed with a great rooftop view. A good choice for your money. The hotel is placed in a nice neighborhood in Pigalle with Walking distance to most things.
This is my choice of hotel at my next stay in Paris.
Very quiet area and hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms from floor 4 and up. With rooftop view is recomended to get as most out of your hotel stay.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Joyce - Astotel? Share your experiences!