“Great Fun with My Teen Grandaughter” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Cuisine Paris - Cooking Classes

La Cuisine Paris - Cooking Classes
80 Quai de l'Hotel de Ville, 75004 Paris, France (Le Marais)
+33 1 40 51 78 18
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: La Cuisine Paris is a cooking school in the centre of Paris offering hands-on cooking classes and food tours in English. Our school is located in the heart of Paris just minutes away from Notre Dame, the Marais, and the famous Hotel de Ville. Our classes are taught in a warm and friendly environment and are small and hands-on - we like everyone to get stuck in! Join us to learn to make beautiful macarons or buttery croissants, or to learn how to use seasonal products inspired by a French Market visit. Or spend time with us outside of the kitchen and indulge your taste buds on a food tour, from our fromage and wine workshop, to our sweet Pastry and Chocolate tour, to our historical tour of the Kings kitchen garden in Versailles, there is something for everyone. Come and join us to learn some tips and secrets so that you can recreate French cuisine in your home kitchen!
West Sacramento
“Great Fun with My Teen Grandaughter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

My granddaughter wanted to take a cooking class on our trip to Paris. I found La Cuisine. There were good descriptions of the classes and it was easy to sign up. We had a wonderful experience making baguettes and fougas. We liked the instructor, had loads of fun, ate a yummy lunch from our efforts. The school is located in a charming area and we used the opportunity to walk a couple of narrow neighborhood streets and poke into shops. The school is also within walking distance of Notre Dame. I would do this again!

Visited July 2013
LaCuisineParis, Owner at La Cuisine Paris - Cooking Classes, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Bonjour SactoC70Driver!
It was wonderful having you and your granddaughter here with us making Baguettes - and we hope that you both made not only great breads together, but wonderful memories of your time in Paris =)....make sure to get back in to the kitchen as soon as you get home - we would love to see the results!

50 attraction reviews
“A MUST if you are in Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was definitely something different and fun to do while in Paris. I took two classes with my mom and sister- one was a lunch class and the other was a baguette making class (both taught by the fabulous Justin). La Cuisine has beautiful facilities and the food we made was so delicious- have made all the recipes at home several times! This was definitely a great way to spend the day and the staff also gave us wonderful recommendations for cooking supply stores and restaurants to visit. I have already recommended this to others and can't wait to go back to Paris to take a macaron class!

Classes (especially macaron and market tour) can fill up very quickly so book well ahead of time. The price is well worth it!

Visited August 2012
Bonjour Eeaugust
We are so pleased to have been a part of your trip to Paris! It was a plessure to have you, your sister, and your mother with us for both our lunch class and the Baguette Class. They are both very different expereinces, and we love to see that you enjoyed them both! Keep us posted on your baking and cooking endeavors from home!
Tucson, Arizona
“Marvelous memory of Paris making macarons!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My two teenage daughters and I took the 3 hour macaron technical decorating class and loved it! Our chef was very kind and knowledgeable with great English. I am so glad I journaled everything when we got back to the hotel room; we were presented with many details that the written recipe did not include! Last week I introduced envious friends to the art of baking macarons. Even after waiting a month we were successful, thanks to the notes. Decorating was fun for all ages and will be an activity we will spotlight for "girl" social gatherings. Thank you!!

Visited June 2013
LaCuisineParis, Owner at La Cuisine Paris - Cooking Classes, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Bonjour Richard L
We love the photos you shared from your time with us - thank you! It was a pleasure to have you and your daughters here with us making Macarons galore...make sure you get in to your kitchen at home and start practicing them right away! Send us photos when you can, we would love to see what you are up to!
Colmar
“Fabulous Way To Spend A Morning/Early Afternoon - Thanks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I booked this trip for my husband's birthday. He is a keen cook whereas I am not that good! The people with us that day on the course were from America, Canada, Australia and China but all with a common interest to learn about French cusine. The course was informative, fun, not at all intimidating for me and a great way to spend a day in Paris. Only pity was having to rush our lunch a bit to make way for the next class as we had got so carried away! The team at La Cusine were lovely and nothing was too much trouble. The only minor thing would be if they could follow up with emailing of the recipes that we made that day, as promised. Would thoroughly recommend though.

Bonjour KenJ
We are so pleased to have been a part of your husband's birthday celebrations - and we hope that you had the most memorable time in Paris! It is always lovely to have an international crowd with us - we ourselves learn from our clients, it is refreshing to see what culinary traditions and habits each of them bring from their own country's and experiences. Please do not hesitate to email us directly if there is a specif dish you wanted to get the recipe for - we will be happy to send it to you! Keep cooking back home and let us know what you are up to!
toronto,canada
20 attraction reviews
“Yummy...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

my daughter (14) & I decided to embark on a "Macaron" class while my husband & son were off on a "French Revolution" walking tour and I'm so glad we did! Our instructor was "Chef G"(Guillemette) who was amazing!! spoke english
very well (if that is a concern for some people) she was very friendly, patient.. the class was small (9ppl) & cannot believe how much we actually learned( and loads of FUN!!) , a 2hr class turned into almost 3hrs( because we were asking alot of questions & chatting) who knew that there was a "French" & "Italian" way to make meringue?(not me!)Thank you again Chef "G" for a lovely afternoon..money well spent. can't wait to return to embark on more classes...

Bonjour Coco45!
Thank you for making us a part of your Paris experience! It sounds like the entire family got to enjoy a bit of French history - with your Husband and son enjoying a bit of French Revolution history, and you and your daughter enjoying a bit of culinary history spending an afternoon making French macarons! We are so glad you enjoyed it, and hope the rest of the family got to taste your hard work....be sure to give them a try at home and let us know how they turn out!