We just got back from a 6 night stay at this hotel. Having read the reviews before hand, we were quite excited to come to the hotel, but were unfortunately extremely disappointed with the staff and room quality.
1. Location- right near the latin quarters (good choice of cafes) and placement to attractions (however, be aware that a short 1-2 minute walk away and sometimes right next door there were people sleeping on the streets) or begging for money.
2. Roof Top Terrace (basically what you pay for as nothing else is worth the money we paid to stay here)
3. Private Balcony (but only if on the 7th or 8th floor)
4. Air conditioning and free internet (only for 3 hours)
1. Staff- very unpleasant and always felt as if we were bugging them. One in particular (Celine) got frustrated and annoyed with us when trying to book day tours and not at all welcoming personality or demeanour. When we left, we ordered a taxi to pick us up and instead of helping us out to the car with our bags, a staff member, smoking outside just gives a nod to us and says taxis here and walks off. One staff member however, (Delphine) when we told her our tv was not working, she came right up and took care of it and was very pleasant. Also the cleaning staff were nicer (at least they said hello with a smile!)
2. Cleanliness and rooms- Hotel itself (contrary to what has been said here) is very outdated, purple walls and carpets. Stains and water marks in bathroom, tap was loose, holes in curtains, dirty windows. Dirty or stained seats in the lobby. Very small and noisy. Bed I have to say was comfortable and clean (thank god!)
3. No bus boys, no wake up calls offered for early morning leaving
4. Very pricey breakfast located in the basement of the hotel.
5. Bar staff never seemed to be around.
Maybe we just hit it at a bad time, but just be aware of what you could get and don't be deceived by the pictures and other "overly generous" reviews. Will not be returning nor recommending this hotel.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
September 1, 2013
Dear Kristen C,
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I'm truly delighted you you were able to use our convenient location for your activities. I am sorry that the level of staff service and unacceptable cleanliness of the room accommodations did not meet your expectations. I would like to sincerely apologize and assure you that this is not the type of service we are accustomed to providing. We appreciate your feedback and allowing us the opportunity to address these issues with the appropriate people and departments.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we hope to see you for another visit soon.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.