“Yummy” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe Du Soleil
Voie Georges Pompidou, Paris, France (Louvre / Palais-Royal)
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have been to cafe du soleil in Washington, D.C. ,there is no comparison ,the food was delicately cooked.the service was great ,I suggest you make reservation,a little pricey but it's worth it.

Visited August 2013

Grantham, United Kingdom
“Useful port of call if you are in Notre Dame neighbourhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

The first time I found this place was whilst working over in Paris. My colleague Tom from Germany and I were supposed to have meetings all day and found ourselves in the suburb of Cergy-Pontoise with time on our hands, so we jumped on a train and headed for the city for a mooch around. Mid afternoon, feet aching a bit, and with a bit of that "boys let off the leash" mentality, we decided a beer would be nice. We were in the vicinity of Notre Dame, and headed for the first likely place we could see. Ordered a sandwich each and two beers, sandwiches were great, and a decent size, the beers however were miniscule. When the waiter was passing we asked if we could have another beer each, but bigger this time. How big? he asked, would you like a "formidable"? We did and basically he came back with what looked like 2 glass buckets, with handles, full of amber heaven. Obviously, after working our way through one of these, another seemed absolutely the right thing to do. Before we knew it, it was early evening. What a great to start to a small adventure that ended up with us propping up the bar of the Violon Dingue, near the Pantheon (see separate review).
I've been back to the Soleil, with various people whilst doing the tourist thing in Paris, but not for the "formidable". Its a nice place to sit and take in the ambience of a Parisian cafe, with Notre Dame in view, and watch the world (and I really mean the world) go by.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere