“Must do to orient yourself in this beautiful city with a fun guide.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SANDEMANs NEW Paris Tours

Book ahead on Expedia
Book a Tour
Ranked #9 of 726 Activities in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: The Free Tour meets daily at 11 AM and 1 PM in front of the fountain at Place Saint-Michel in the Latin Quarter. This famous 3.5-hour walking tour covers all the main historic sites of central Paris. Their unique style of combining history with entertainment has made them the most talked about tour company in Europe.
“Must do to orient yourself in this beautiful city with a fun guide.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

This was my second sandman free tour in as many weeks and I walked away just as satisfied as the first time. It feels great giving the guide his salary directly and not some big tour bus company. The information flowed smoothly and easily and walking with our guide really showed us a side of the city you miss in a bus. For example, after warning us of a scam involving a ring Arnoud pointed it out as it was happening and narrated it for us! Can't wait for my next tour in another city!

Doris169, Front Office Manager at SANDEMANs NEW Paris Tours, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Hi,

we are always happy to hear how useful our Free Tour could be for the travellers and we agree that it´s much better than a bus tour plus you don´t leave such a big ecological footprint with it. I´m sure Arnaud was also glad to see that you gave him a high 5 ranking.
We would love to see you on our tours in the future!

• Greek first
Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Free tour of the Paris sites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I took the Paris tour today and was very pleased. We saw a lot of landmarks , Billy gave us the interesting information you don't get in the guidebooks. I would recommend this tour without hesitation!

Visited February 2013
Dear Jen,

thank you for your recommendation. We are glad to see that you liked the tour with Billy so much that you gave a high five ranking for him.

Hope to see you on our tours in other cities as well!

London, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“Must do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We did three walking tours whilst in Paris, the free tour, the Monmarte district and the bike tour. They were all excellent, hence the reason we did so many. Our guides were enthusiastic and so passionate which leaves you wanting more. An absolute must for any age

Visited September 2012
Dear Dorriedot,

thank you so much for your comment, we are really happy to hear that you had such a good experience with our tours that you took them 3 times during your stay.

We´d love to see you on our tours in the future too!

Sydney, Australia
8 attraction reviews
“Great Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We did the free walking tour a few weeks ago and it was really great! Had Alan as a guide and he was really good, very informative but kept it light and interesting.

Keep in mind they work for their tips so not essentially "free" but we felt it was well worth paying for!

I would highly recommend doing this tour!

Visited January 2013
Seville, Spain
“Billy was brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was in Paris for three short days this past weekend with the Bus2Alps group and never would have gotten to see/do half the things I did if it wasn't for our incredible tour guide Billy! I was able to see and learn about Notre Dame, Lovers Bridge, the only building in Paris with WWII scars, the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre and SO much more. The tour that he led was so worthwhile and a definite MUST if you're planning a trip in the future. In just three hours, I learned more interesting things about Paris than I ever could have from any textbook. Our guide was so passionate about the history, culture, and architecture of the city and was able to pass on that excitement to all of our group. It was by far the best walking tour I'ver ever been on, and I highly recommend it to tourists of all ages! Sandemans is lucky to have such a phenomenal guide working for them, and I look forward to scheduling more tours with them.

Visited February 2013