“Great Tour!” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Expedia
Book a Tour
Ranked #9 of 730 Activities in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: The Free Tour meets daily at 11 AM and 1 PM in front of the fountain at Place Saint-Michel in the Latin Quarter. This famous 3.5-hour walking tour covers all the main historic sites of central Paris. Their unique style of combining history with entertainment has made them the most talked about tour company in Europe.
Sydney, Australia
8 attraction reviews
“Great Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We did the free walking tour a few weeks ago and it was really great! Had Alan as a guide and he was really good, very informative but kept it light and interesting.

Keep in mind they work for their tips so not essentially "free" but we felt it was well worth paying for!

I would highly recommend doing this tour!

Visited January 2013

• Greek first
Seville, Spain
“Billy was brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was in Paris for three short days this past weekend with the Bus2Alps group and never would have gotten to see/do half the things I did if it wasn't for our incredible tour guide Billy! I was able to see and learn about Notre Dame, Lovers Bridge, the only building in Paris with WWII scars, the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre and SO much more. The tour that he led was so worthwhile and a definite MUST if you're planning a trip in the future. In just three hours, I learned more interesting things about Paris than I ever could have from any textbook. Our guide was so passionate about the history, culture, and architecture of the city and was able to pass on that excitement to all of our group. It was by far the best walking tour I'ver ever been on, and I highly recommend it to tourists of all ages! Sandemans is lucky to have such a phenomenal guide working for them, and I look forward to scheduling more tours with them.

Angers, France
“Awesome guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I took this tour this past weekend with a guide named Billy. He was phenomenal! Gave great information while keeping it entertaining and was very helpful with questions and directions. I would do this tour again in a heart beat and can't wait to try it in a new city. I would highly recommend it!

Brussels, Belgium
“A most enjoyable and interesting tour !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Great tour of the center of Paris. 3 hours spent with Philipa, a delightful guide well versed in history, art, French culture and good humor :-)
We will definitely look for another such tour next time want to (re)discover Paris or.... another European city !

Angers, Pays de la Loire, France
“The Scot in Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I recently visited Paris, France by traveling along with the Bus2Alps group and was introduced to a tour guide by the name of Billy who showed us around the city. I must say, Billy was AMAZING! Not only was he comical with the way he told us history lessons about important landmarks, but also his enthusiasm towards everything made even myself feel ecstatic about a bridge! It was very clear that he researches so much about everything he talks about and portrays it all in a fun way! He was open to answer questions about local places to eat, shop, and even shared an umbrella to a member of the group while he withstood the rain as if he was not phased at all by the weather while storytelling. Definitely set the standards high for me when encountering my next guide!