“could it be better...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Cite des Sciences

Cite des Sciences
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cite des Sciences
You added Cite des Sciences to your Saves list
24, rue des Sept Arpents | Le Pré-Saint-Gervais, 93310 Paris, France   |
Ranked #84 of 127 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Rome, Italy
“could it be better...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

In the middle of october we stayed 3 days in this hostel. Yes, they are gentle, yes, they clean... but:
1- no heaters in order (more cold than outside). They said "we cannot do something now, tomorrow....". An incubus.
2- no socket in the room: ho w can i charge my mobile and my camera? In the kitchen...... wow...
3- no free wi-fi. Wow...
4- nolockers inside the room. Wow....

and all for 22€. Do your conclusions by yourself.
Bye.

p.s.
it is far from the centre, but well connected by metro and night busses.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

After booking the 4 day (3 night from Sept 29th 2010 to Oct 2nd 2010) Paris package (includes hostel, transit pass, river cruise, and museum pass) on-line over 1 week in advance we (my girlfriend and I) got there to find out they didn't have any available.

All the hallways are poorly lit and they feel like you are walking through a prison. The rooms are dark and mine smelled of body odor. Some of the guys there snored so loudly that ear plugs didn't help; my girlfriend said some of the women snored loudly too.... The showers were no very warm, the kitchen and cooking area is tiny with very little fridge space, and there are no plugs in the rooms to charge phones etc... For 22 euros per night each, there is not even free WiFi.

Basically, it was so bad that on the second day I told them we were not staying the third night (one day notice) but since this was after 10pm reception was closed and I would have to wait till the next day therefore I would not get a refund (44 euros). We left anyway and stayed at a Best Western for 63 euros for a night.

The extra ~20 euros got us hot showers, free WiFi, privacy, plugs to charge our phones, no snoring or smelly people, and a checkout time of noon.

I will never stay at this Hostel again and I would recommend that you don't either.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Cite des Sciences? Share your experiences!