“Amazing tour....worth every euro!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 729 Activities in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: "Edu-tainment" Paris walking tours: education + entertainment in small group tours of all major Paris attractions. Join one of our 6 unique tours to see what everyone is raving about: Paris Along the Seine, Tickle Your Tastebuds Food, Time Travel to Montmartre, Jewish History, Secrets of the Night, or Pere Lachaise tours are available to book today!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Amazing tour....worth every euro!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We took the tour on Friday, October 14 and Sarah was our guide. Her parents were on Holiday from england and they were on the tour as well. The tour is absolutely fabulous. It not only takes you around to the major sites, but gives good information about the history of the each location. Having been a French major in college, i thought i knew alot of the history, but getting a refresher course on French history was just great because I learned a lot that I didn't previously know. I can't wait to go back to Paris so that I can take the other tours that they offer. A MUST DO in Paris!!!.

New York City, New York
“Very well timed, critically informative and enjoyable.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

Sarah took us on a 4 1/2 hrs tour of the major attractions including Notre Dame, the Latin quarter, Palais Royal, Louvre and Arc de Triomphe. Sarah is a great communicator and I enjoyed the "crash course" on the French Revolution and the history of the main attractions.

Sarah and Karen made an extra effort to get me information on the location of an attraction that was not part of this tour. I wish I could have done this tour the previous day of my visit to Paris. The information I got during the tour would have helped me get the most out of my visit to Paris.

I would recommend a comfortable walking shoe for the tour with no heavy backpack or bag as you will be walking during the whole tour.

Denver, CO
4 attraction reviews
“Very fun tour and a great overview of Montmarte”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

We really enjoyed our Montmarte walking tour with Karen. It was fun, informative, and a great way to learn about this beautiful area of Paris. I appreciated Karen's big personality coupled with her thoughtful commentary. I also appreciated her keeping the tour focused and on-track when some of the other guests on the walk began side-tracking the discussion. This is not a tour for someone looking for a historically accurate guide with a PHD in French History. It is lead by a fun, American born woman who enjoys sharing the "gossip" part of Montmarte's history. Thanks Karen!

GA
5 attraction reviews
“Do the Montmartre Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

Barbara was our tour guide on the 2.5 hour tour of the artist's quarter. The tour begins at the Moulin Rouge and goes uphill slowly and gradually, and winds up at the Sacre Coeur Basilica. So doing this tour will also check off your visit to Sacre Coeur, and eliminates the stairs that go up to it by going around the back way. After spending about 15 minutes inside of Sacre Coeur (this is free), Barbara brought us to the perfect photo spot where the Eiffel Tower is beautifully framed by tree branches.
Along the way, Barbara gave us history and stories about the artists who lived there (Van Gogh, Toulouse-Lautrec, Gauguin), and gave us a jaw-dropping rendition of ma vie en rose after telling us the story of Edith Piaf.
The district itself is gorgeous. There were about 8 of us on this tour, with the age range varying greatly. The tour ended and everyone went their separate ways to have lunch (we were advised to stay away from the overly touristy restaurants by the art vendor area), buy art, or go to the erotic museum (the red light district is to the left and right of the Moulin Rouge).
My husband and I left feeling so good about this day and this tour. It means so much to have information about what you are seeing, and to be able to ask questions. Would highly recommend for everyone.

San Francisco, California
3 attraction reviews
“Great Tour with Erin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

We did this tour on our 3rd day in Paris. My boyfriend was a little apprehensive about doing the tour. But in the end, he loved it and was really glad that I had booked the tour.

I signed us up for the Paris Along The Seine Tour with Erin. She was such a great tour guide that we didn't even notice 4 hours had gone by! She gave us lots of historical information as well as fun/interesting facts about Louis XIV, Napoleon, Catherine etc. She also pointed out placed featured in films, i.e. fountain from The Devil Wears Prada.