“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #809 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I had a lovely 3 nights stay in alfa. The location was brilliant and easy to access everywhere including airports.Rooms are basic but clean and excellent for price! Very easy access to internet. Staff are very friendly (which is hard to find in Paris). Comfortable bed. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to Paris. Had a lovely stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Low price with lift, about 7 -10 mins walk from metro or RER to hotel. After I get out RER A, I found a lift that goes to the G/F, so I can go to the hotel easily without any stairs.
Staff are nice and very helpful, they smile all the time, stay here I feel comfortable.

When I go back to airport, I take bus 351 at Avenue de Trone, 7 mins walk from hotel, transportation time is 1.15 hrs. Near bus 351, you can see a casino supermarket.

However, bathroom is very small.

I would absolutely stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

The Alfa was very easy to get to from the airport. We took the train, so the trip was about an hour. The staff is quite helpful, though their English is lacking, so if you know any French, you'll be better off.

The room was much bigger than expected given the great price. As of this writing, though the hotel advertises WiFi, and though my iPhone detected it, it doesn't work in the room.

Breakfast was ready each morning in the basement with as much capuccino was we could drink and as many bread rolls as we could eat.

The only real downside was that we'd planned to bisit a couple of sites which ended up being closed due to holidays, but we didn't know that because when we asked the staff about any closures, they reassured us that everything was open. Nice going, guys. :/

Uppsala, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Good budget hotel. Friendly staff, close to metro and cafes, bistros, and supermarkets. Rooms are very basic but clean. Slight musty smell like others have previously said but it's bearable.

If you only need a place to sleep then this place is highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Given how inexpensive the rooms were, my expectations were low. But we got a sizeable room for an amazingly low price to be in the heart of Paris, a decent breakfast, very friendly and helpful staff, and a subway stop five minutes away, not to mention the countless stores/shops in the area. My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights in May while we explored Paris, and I would definitely stay again -- I don't know if there's a better value hotel in Paris. There's also a shuttle service to the airport that the hotel arranges (for a decent price), AND its easy to find. I can't recommend this place enough. Don't let the low price fool you, this is a great budget hotel in Paris.

Room Tip: **Try to get a room on one of the lower floors, the elevator is REALLY small and the steps a bit of...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Coventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Staff were friendly at the hotel and the price was reasonable considering it's right by a metro stop and only a 5 minute walk to Nation metro stop. The room had a musty smell and needed airing but seemed fairly clean, the bathroom was 'no frills' and was a pod-type bathroom like ones you'd find in student halls/aeroplane toilets. Not too bad though and considering the prices in Paris we'd probably stay there again. Breakfast was just baguettes and jam with coffee and juice but it was all nice.

One night was a bit noisy but then we had the windows wide open to air the room a bit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in April. We were doing a 1 month trip through Europe and wanted to book a cheap hotel in each city so that we would have more money for shopping and sightseeing. I have always wanted to shop in Paris so didn't mind staying in a budget hotel in order to do that. We had a really good stay and I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a clean and cheap room. We seriously would leave around 9-10am and not come back until 9pm so just needed a place to sleep and so this was perfect for us.

Negative points:

-bathroom is small. Like REALLY small. It is the size of the bathroom on a plane. There is a sink but no counter space, no plug ins and the smallest shower I have ever seen right beside the toilet. It was ok though, my husband didn't care and i got used to it. But if you are claustrophobic or need a lot of counter space for your make up, you wouldn't like this bathroom
-our room was right beside the elevator which is pretty loud so we would be woken up at 7am everyday by our neighbours

Positive Points:

-hotel has an elevator which was great for heavy luggage
-free wifi in the lobby
-really comfortable and big beds
-friendly, helpful staff
-great location. Close to the metro stop Nation, about 10 minute walk from the hotel and on the same metro line as all major attractions
-lots of cafes, restaurants, supermarket and bakery all nearby

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator- it is quite loud
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Alfa Hotel Nation? Share your experiences!